It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA could soon be at war with Russia over upcoming Russian invasion of Georgia !!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.middle-east-online.com...

Huthis threaten to wage war against Saudi

Yemeni Shiite rebels brandish weapons against Saudi Arabia for supporting Sanaa in crashing rebellion.

By Habib Trabelsi - PARIS

Yemen’s Shiite Zaydi rebels, led by Abdul Malik Al-Huthi, threaten to wage war against Saudi Arabia for backing Sanaa government in fighting rebellion in the northern province of Saada.

Huthi’s online press communiqué reported that a brigade of Yemeni army infiltrated the Saudi territory in coordination with the Saudi commander of armed forces to besiege rebels and attack them from the Saudi territory.

A declaration of war

"We consider all attacks from the Saudi territory as an aggression against the Yemeni people and an affront to its sovereignty," said the communiqué, threatening to "respond to any aggression."

Sheikh Saleh Habra, the rebel group spokesman confirmed to the Qatari daily “Al-Arab” the incursion of Yemeni security forces into the Saudi territory to combat the rebels.

"The Saudi authorization to let Yemeni forces hit Huthis from its territory is an effective participation by the Riyadh government to the war and a dangerous precedent," said Sheikh Habra.

"We will take strong positions if the Saudi kingdom continues its assistance to the Yemeni authorities,” he warned.

However, Sheikh Habra called on Riyadh to "stop adding fuel to the fire and not to meddle in Yemen’s internal affairs."

The Yemeni newspaper "Akhbar Al-Youm" mocked "the ridiculous attempts by the rebels who seek a pretext take the war to the Saudi territory."

"These futile attempts aim to mislead public opinion, giving the rebellion a disproportionate importance," said the pro-government newspaper.

Weapons "made in Saada"

The rebel group had reported on its website "intense military exercises in areas dominated by Huthis in Saada province using heavy weapons manufactured locally by them.”

In April, "Akhbar Al-Youm" quoted some Huthi rebels as saying they had the intention to establish a state in Saada and recover the provinces of Assir, Najran and Jizan, conquered militarily by Saudi Arabia in 1934.

Yemen officially abandoned in June 1995 to recover these three provinces, having renewed the Taif Treaty, which establishes the annexation of land by its powerful neighbour. In 1992, Sanaa refused to renew this Treaty, resulting in armed clashes in the common border.

"Iran’s hand"

Numerous Saudi newspapers and websites have in recent months accused Iran of interfering in Arab affairs, including Saudi Arabia, to establish its hegemony in the region.

The ultra-conservative kingdom’s state television broadcast last March a "confession" of Saudi Mohammed Al-Aoufi, a repentant Al-Qaeda member, who accused Iran of financing the terrorist network to destabilize the Saudi regime.

According to him, Huthi supporters offered members of Al-Qaeda "millions of dollars" which would be paid by the Iranian intelligence services.

Sanaa accused Tehran of supporting Shiite rebels who reject the Yemeni regime and call for the restoration of Imamate rule overthrown in a 1962 republican coup.

Yemen, the poorest nation in the Arab world, is an Al-Qaeda target and mired in a rebellion by Shiites in Saada as well as an upsurge in violence in the south.

The fight against insurgents has claimed several thousand lives since 2004.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RedStarRedux

Haha you army guys are really gullible. if they were really doing anything one of our carriers and maybe a squadron of f-15/16s and a10s would be over there. not to mention uavs/ucavs.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedStarRedux
im kinda scared right now...i just showed the video to one of my sergents, and he said we're not taking our tanks or artillery or anything of that sort, so if it really goes down we're sitting ducks, the only thing we might be taking is our stryker infantry fighting vehicle, but thats no match for a soviet tank lol...our .50 cal MGs might scratch their paintjob

kinda nice to know how expendable we are
but thats really no suprise....

don't worry, a 30mm GAU from a A10 got your back

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RedStarRedux

Hey oh and dude, you might want to remember OPSEC.......I'm not saying anything, I'm just pointing it out.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Does anyone have insight on Russia/Turkey and Russia/Syria relations?

I am just thinking that Georgia may be the stepping stone for the Biblically predicted Russia/Israel war.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

Haha "biblically predicted", I enjoyed that as I stare at the planets and stars rotate around us, from the flat earth..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chucktaggart
They aren't going to do anything, it is all a farce, US and Russia are best friends - in reality.

I agree with this post 100%.

For a good example, consider the International Space Station.

Or consider the student exchange programs...there are literally tons of Americans in Russia, and tons of Russians in America.

We are seriously very good friends despite the BS the media is always saying.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
I'll give it to the russians, they make beautiful war planes. sorry, continue.

Good thing Russia has them too, now we have targets to practice with. sorry, continue.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
Russia is all bark and no bite nowadays.

Do some research man. They have ALOT of bite.

Token second line

Good thing we have the muzzle for them.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree 100% my friend, starred and flagged (once I figure out how to do that :puz
. I see 2 things happening. First off, an invasion of Georgia. Next step, a North Korean attack on South Korea after a breakdown in talks and loss of control by Kim Jong Ill. We will retaliate with mass force. The backlash will come from russia.

About military capabilities, the war plan by the Soviets was as follows.

1. Deploy their 68 attack subs (very good subs BTW) off the east and west coast of the US and protect their 28 missile subs. Put a portion of those attack subs in the mideast also. In a suprise attack, launch SSBMs at our missile forces and bomber wings in the US. Missles, after warning, would take 3-5 minutes to reach their targets. If we were lucky we might get 5% of our missiles and bombers off the ground. Next step, start sinking every vessel we have. Once we are crippled, we would surrender. Then they could have their way with Europe and Asia.

A very simple and swift tactic.

2. Once we are down and dizzy, they can roll over europe with a ground force over 1 million. 200,000 tanks could roll all the way to spain. With all the money in Europe, they would be hard to stop.

There is one key to this, the resources in Siberia. With those resources, they could continue a campaign for 20 years. Get thru that permafrost and they would have nearly endless oil. Look into it.

I am sure alot of my information is inaccurate. Feel free to correct me but don't base my simpleton self.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Ragnarok691]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
Russia is all bark and no bite nowadays.

Do some research man. They have ALOT of bite.

Token second line

Good thing we have the muzzle for them.

Unless Russia don't fear MAD then only non-superpowers need fear them. NATO would swat them using conventional weapons.

Are China going to be the killer bees that outnumber us 3 to 1......

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ragnarok691
Once we are down and dizzy, they can roll over europe with a ground force over 1 million. 200,000 tanks could roll all the way to spain.

Are you kidding??!! We would never surrender in Britain to the Russians!!

Russia has 6,500 active tanks according to wikipedia, compared to our 100 or so.
But their airforce doesn't even match ours.

Where you get 200,000 tanks from?!!

I think western & eastern Europe would be a match for Russia, and Britain & France have nuclear-armed submarines.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First of all don't think it would ever happen.

Secondly if it was to occur insiders would already know about it as we can't be as close to Russia as we are without knowing their next chess move.

And if it all did happen the first wave of attacks would be devastating however after that they wouldn't fare too much of a chance unless it was as all out first wave nuclear attack. At that point they would alienate the entire globe with maybe the exception of China.

At which point they would be swatted out of existence all together. Every nation with nuclear capabilities watch Russia nuke the US they will think oh fiddle sticks we might be next. Every nation with the ability would then launch massive nuclear strikes on Russia and without coordinated efforts by all of them, could not only bury Russia into the ocean, but could potentially create a world wide nuclear fall out. Of course that all depends on how many countries are nuclear ready we don't know about and which ones are.

Of course Iran would love it and chances are if they could they would join in with Russia.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by wraith001
Back on Topic, for anyone who is interested in WW3 and the other 2 and how they were/will be brought about have a good read on this website.

Opened my eye's somewhat.

www.threeworldwars.com...

It was sold of in 2006 by the creator due to personal problems and has remained untouched since then.

Shame coz id like his insight on World events occurring today.

Yeah and the starting date for WW3 was originally 2006, and they keep updating it every year!!

Have you read what's on this website? I don't remember seeing any dates for the start of WW3, merely what to look out for. Read from Intro to End.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't know how people can say it will never happen.

If someone had of made a post saying terrorists would hi-jack planes and fly them into the twin towers, there would have been countless replies from people saying "no way, it will never happen"

They'd give off their reasons as to why it could never be done, go into detail of how America's secret service agencies would be all over it before it even got off the ground, and so on ....

Now we have divided groups, half believing the Govt was involved and another half believing they weren't.

So Russia would never attack America? do you know for a fact that will never happen? Don't be so sure to believe the U.S this or the U.S that when it comes to what can happen if certain individuals decide it so!

I for one keep an open mind and explore ALL possibilities. What may seem impossible today becomes reality tomorrow.
Instead of flatly refusing to entertain the idea, some should take the time to think about the possibilities and outcomes of such an event. History tells us time and time again that it usually is the impossible, the unimaginable that only comes to light, after the fact.

The world is changing and we live in a time of great unrest and uncertainty of which no one can deny. Such a time when the unimaginable can happen in the blink of an eye and tomorrows events change everything forever.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Its not in the plan.

Russia attacking USA will not bring about a NWO. To take control of Humanity they must get rid of Religion. Hence Israel and her Arab sisters must fall. Israel can never fall said God, well if Iran blows them up that's a real s**ter on the Church and if the Muslims get nuked, well so much for Allah! Perfect plan really.

Now, after this, Russia may take on USA but there'll be fighting on 2 fronts, EU and US. I dare say Russia will get aid from parts of South America seeing as they already have Bombers in Cuba and Venezuela. As for China, well there going to get involved with the Nuclear meltdown on the Korean Peninsula plus India slapping them on the behind.

Kinda makes sense now why Obama's been to India 5 time's in 15 months.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Never happen. The US has secured oil in the middle east, as well as having a good bit of backing in the area in general. You also have the pakistan and india factor, as well as China.

The old days of big wars is over. It was ended with the atomic bomb. There has not been a large war since the atomic bomb ended the last one.

The only thing Russia really has is ICBM's. Notice the Russia submarines "are being tracked". Meaning, they could be blown out of the water within minutes if they wanted.

So you have Japan, acting as a forward base if China gets involved. Those 2 have fought a good bit and Japan gave China quite a licking in WW2 despite the size difference. Europe in the West of Russia with all those allies, and then the eastern Russian front with Japan/Alaska.

Russia on the other hand has no real foothold to the US. Canada nor Mexico won't side with Russia, Cuba is about it but that's already shown to be a wash.

I'm guessing at best you might get another vietnam type situation which brings in profits for arms. Where 1 side fights, and the other side funds the locals.

So basically, just like the cold war the only real threats are nuclear. And the power in nukes isn't dropping them, it's having them.

All you gotta do is check out military spending.

en.wikipedia.org...

US = $636,292,979,000
All of the EU = $312,259,000,000
China = $70,308,600,000
France = $68,584,100,000

Russia is way down in 8th, with only $39,600,000,000, after the UK, Germany and Japan, all US allies. Which is then in return followed by India and Saudi Arabia.

Not to mention the trillions that just happen to come up missing here, or the black ops things that are paid for by commercial cash.

The US alone makes up for 41% of the worlds military spending. And you think Russia is a threat? Only the nukes.

If there is a war, it's gonna be fabricated 100%. Arms races and times of the 50's and 60's is about as far as it will go IMO.

well i have to disagree with you about the saudi factor
www.youtube.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

yes we might have a large military budget but we are spending money that we dont have and china is getting sick of the out of control spending which they finance. if china decides to cut our credit, which might happen then what? i will agree in that i think right now the us government is more worried about a war with its own citizens than a foreign country.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Either way I still dont think a world war will happen for atleast another 5-10 years at the least. America is struggling right now since of the economic collapse. But who knows mabey Russia will surprise us

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
Why risk our bankrupt sanctuary and go to war with another? It just doesn't make sense, even if they invade Georgia. We are NOT obligated to go to their aid, despite our need to police the world.

Nuclear winter in December of 2012, anyone?

According to John Titor, it's either 2015 or 2019. Where did you come up with December 2012, anyway?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Back on Topic, for anyone who is interested in WW3 and the other 2 and how they were/will be brought about have a good read on this website.

Opened my eye's somewhat.

www.threeworldwars.com...

It was sold of in 2006 by the creator due to personal problems and has remained untouched since then.

Shame coz id like his insight on World events occurring today.

Yeah and the starting date for WW3 was originally 2006, and they keep updating it every year!!

Have you read what's on this website? I don't remember seeing any dates for the start of WW3, merely what to look out for. Read from Intro to End.

Because the content has changed slightly. There used to be a timeline of events.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
If the United States Government had any sense of self-preservation, they would not go to war with Russia. We would not win that conflict and it would spell World War III.

Why risk our bankrupt sanctuary and go to war with another? It just doesn't make sense, even if they invade Georgia. We are NOT obligated to go to their aid, despite our need to police the world.

Nuclear winter in December of 2012, anyone?

Sounds like a perfect time to dick with the US if you ask me, financially falling apart, corruption at the highest levels in government, people on the verge of who knows what ......

Yep sounds like a god time to stretch the already over extended military a little further............

Ohhh wait thats the key to financial recovery, WAR!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join