It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS methodology used in "Rightwing Extremism" memo revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

www.reviewmessenger.com

Americans for Limited Government President Bill Wilson today condemned the methodology used by the Department of Homeland Security in issuing a controversial "right-wing extremism" threat assessment to law enforcement in April as "complete speculation."

"Our worse fears about what went into this memo have been confirmed. The government department that was supposed to be tasked with identifying domestic terrorist threats is apparently using news stories, kooky websites, and conjecture instead of actual hard intelligence reporting and analysis," said Wilson.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cato-at-liberty.org
www.examiner.com

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
DHS has based its opinion about “right wing extremists” and US citizens” Domestic Terrorists” from reading CONSPIRACY sites, such as this and internet searches rather than legitimate intelligence surveillance. It appears no other data was available. Why it is that anyone with views to the right is considered “extremists”? I think it’s part of their grand plan to label us a threat, call us domestic terrorists and eventually try to lock us up as being crazy. Isn’t it obvious this is also being used as an attack on all gun owners or views that differ with the left? It’s scary that their powers seem limitless. Now we can see why our ex-military and citizens are on the watch list for terrorism. I find it very unethical that the organization that is intended to protect us is, in fact putting forth false information to suit their warped agenda. Can you believe this? They’ve been scouring conspiracy sites to show this “extremism” It makes me wonder if we have any DHS members. DHS is now in control of all cyber security. What does that tell you? Shouldnt they be out looking for the real terrorist?

www.reviewmessenger.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-8-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The DHS report sparked outrage back in April from military groups, veteran’s groups as well as ordinary citizens

Consumer advocacy group Americans for Limited Government decided to file a Freedom of Information Act request a few days after the DHS report was released in order to find out what was really going on.

“Under Napolitano’s watch, government officials who were supposed to be gathering real intelligence on domestic terror threats were instead surfing the web and reading wacky websites, all to create the public perception of right-wing extremism,”

“We are demanding that DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano resign her post for the Department’s use of a crackpot conspiracy website in drafting and issuing this ‘right-wing extremism’ threat to law enforcement in April,”

He goes on to say that the use of a ‘kook’ website used to indict the American people in the right-wing extremist memo without using proper intelligence gathering is deplorable, highly dubious and extremely insulting to tens of millions of Americans who were targeted by the DHS

“The DHS assessment was actually a political document designed to fuel the public’s perception of right-wing extremism, nothing more.”

DHS ‘right-wing extremist’ report deemed unreliable, rife with flaws

In a report from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in April of this year, department officials charged Americans who believed in topics like anti-abortion, illegal immigration or disgruntled military members may fall victim to domestic extremist groups similar to Timothy McVeigh

The report in question garnered information from internet websites and news stories found on the internet rather than relying on hard facts and statistics

www.examiner.com...

Amateur Hour at DHS

The controversial Department of Homeland Security (DHS) report Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment stirred criticism that the DHS had turned away from monitoring real terrorism plots and was now labeling veterans, pro-life groups, and limited government advocates as threats to national security. Consider those fears vindicated.

www.cato-at-liberty.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, I think You kNOw how I feel about it all. I read the thread in it's entirety, and came away with an overall consensus of my opinion.

The Govt. in control of OUR country has always been bought, but now the new owner wants the 'tenants'= "We The People" off of their newly acquired land.

Star, and Flag

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Thanks,

It's a scary thought but you got it right!

new topics

top topics

join