It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lou Dobbs Rumor of Firing Apparently Not True

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks like the investigative reporting capabilities of some members here are a little lacking. Guess it's a good example of biases taking the better of common sense.

Lou Dobbs Rumor of Firing Apparently Not True

Story that Lou Dobbs of CNN had been fired got accidently started on the blogosphere by a major media source. As you can see in the above caption this was the story as it appeared on Google before it was pulled. Apparently, what helped get the erroneous story of Dobbs firing get started was a mis-interpretation of a written story by Bill Press on his site billpress.com whereby he gave a scenario that dobbs could be fired in. Apparently, some sources in the main stream media did not check the story out very thoroughly and took his commentary as a statement that Dobbs of CNN had been fired. Many progressives had hoped on Dailykos and throughout the blogosphere that this was the case but were deflated quickly when the story turned out to be not true.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well at least here at ATS the membership will dig and dig and dig, until we get to what looks like "truth".

Always nice to see people get to the bottom of things.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I am just glad to hear Lou Dobbs is not getting fired. I love that old coot and thinks he calls it as he sees it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I am just glad to hear Lou Dobbs is not getting fired. I love that old coot and thinks he calls it as he sees it.

And that's what a lot of people are worried about. He doesn't repeat what his masters at CNN receive from the White House in their talking points.

new topics

top topics

join