It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can fight a war, but can't do anything else.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
To me, it seems that the U.S. is only capable of beating up other kids in the playground.

We can't make a decent car to compete against the Japanese. We lose jobs to the Chinese. We can't find homes for the homeless yet there are millions of acres of golf courses. We can't realize that our government does not give us choices. We can't feed the poor. We can't give health care to the poor because we don't like equality.

YET, WE CAN BEAT THE # OUT OF SOME MUSLIMS BY DROPPING A MILLION TON OF CASH AND RESOURCES ON THEM. YEAH, I'M SO PROUD OF THIS COUNTRY.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
To me, it seems that the U.S. is only capable of beating up other kids in the playground.

We can't make a decent car to compete against the Japanese. We lose jobs to the Chinese. We can't find homes for the homeless yet there are millions of acres of golf courses. We can't realize that our government does not give us choices. We can't feed the poor. We can't give health care to the poor because we don't like equality.

YET, WE CAN BEAT THE # OUT OF SOME MUSLIMS BY DROPPING A MILLION TON OF CASH AND RESOURCES ON THEM. YEAH, I'M SO PROUD OF THIS COUNTRY.

Who says we HAVE to feed poor?
Who says we HAVE to house the homeless?
Who says we HAVE to give care to the masses?
We can stop giving things away to the Chinese, the Japanese. But if they are doing it better than us simply because we allow the government to control everything we do, then we get what we deserve.

China is doing better because they are slowly embracing capitalism. Go to Shanghi sometime and see what they are doing in terms of small businesses.

This gimme, gimme, gimme, mentality is going to be the death of this country. What ever happened to individuality? What ever happened to the freedom to succeed, the freedom to fail?

I am so damn tired of people telling me to be charitable to the government. If I want to help the hungry, homeless, the sick, then I will.

Not by mandate, by law, by bloody government decree!

-rant over, you can resume your regulary scheduled programming now. . .-

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
America will fight to the last drop of its poor peoples blood to keep all its rich people safe, america is a great country to live in if you have the money

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I love your soul,funk,90's hiphop music etc.
Music plays a huge roll in my life,so i love you,the problem is that you have very nasty,redneck sick people attached to power in almost all your existence.
The majority of the Americans can't point other countries in the map.
Are very patriot which is totally castrating in terms of good sense.Not wise.
For instance,some people support their party as they support their soccer or hockey team.
I can't understand this!This is disgusting.It's not only in America.My mother is like that,but she's old.
There's so much i love about you,but there's so much i hate.
gun and war culture=primitive
racism=primitive
fast food=lack of intelligence
bling bling culture=it's sad
religious fanatics=ignorance
and much more i can't put into text.
Sorry for my english and if i didn't get my ideas straight.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Then what's the government for?

Our democratic government is supposed to SERVE US.

Obama won because the MAJORITY of the U.S.A. wanted economic HELP.

I used to live in a slum where # was stacked up 3 ft high for miles and miles. Plastic and other trash were thrown into a corner in my own yard.

You just think, why the # am I living like this? Chinese government using too much money for its own interests and unable to provide public services such as transportation, garbage runs, water treatment and sewers, and electricity?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Then what's the government for?

Our democratic government is supposed to SERVE US.

Obama won because the MAJORITY of the U.S.A. wanted economic HELP.

I used to live in a slum where # was stacked up 3 ft high for miles and miles. Plastic and other trash were thrown into a corner in my own yard.

You just think, why the # am I living like this? Chinese government using too much money for its own interests and unable to provide public services such as transportation, garbage runs, water treatment and sewers, and electricity?

Serve us? Yes. Take care of us? No.

Sorry about the slum situation, but it appears you've got out of it.

Chinese government has a long was to go, but at least they're losing the communist approach and adopting a more capitalistic approach. It'll be a long time coming, but it will get there.

edit to add; Obama won by a margin of 52% to 48%. He can help, sure, but not by ruining the whole economic system in the process.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hey dad (nice name BTW), I know where you are right now. No, not physically (lol), but mentally. And not to indicate some kind of superiority or anything (truly not my intent), but it's not a good place in which to dwell, and you can get past it. It's the place of temperament and moderation you seek. There is no honor in beating yourself up with despair over where we are as a nation or world or species 24/7, 365. Living with the desperate longing for humanity, civility and compassion in a society as profoundly sick as ours, can only lead to the inevitable outcome of cynicism, hatred (of tptb), despair and depression. Thus taking you out of the fight. The honor of one so compassionate lies in your ability to temper the truth with distraction and nostalgia - to give yourself a reprieve by visiting family or friends or doing something completely spontaneous and positive. It lies in being able to stay in the fight as long as possible, if for no other reason than to spread the truth with that compassion in mind. It lies in enduring every epiphany afforded us so that we may pass them on to others with that compassion, relation and understanding.

I've asked myself time and time again if it is now, or ever has been, worth it to endure the sheer torment of finding out the awful truth of humankind and its penchant for the monetary system regardless the cost to human or natural life, and I have to say I've longed for a lobotomy at times, but because I afford myself, no because I reward myself with the very distractions they are employing against us, I admit, sometimes in sheer spite, I am able to temper the horrifying terror of it with the goodness and positivity of the connections I have with others.

I wasn't always like this. In fact, going down the road your going down currently proved quite destructive to certain portions of my life, regrettably but not unreconciled
. But now, when I feel myself losing hope, or feeling more isolated and alone, which this kind of knowledge seems to only fortify because of it's political incorrectness (among other things - the truth hurts everyone you tell it to for a necessary time of transition), I simply choose to think about other things, to distract myself in spite, to force myself to enjoy something or to simply relax with whatever method I can discern at the time. I have found it has extended my endurance for this highly sensitive information, and it has made me much more unbiased and aware of tactics being used in an effort to make us stray from the truth in an effort to discredit the very truth it is our mission in life to seek and share with loved ones.

It isn't the whole world you're fighting, really. You're just fighting to keep what's good alive, and you are certainly justified in doing so. Respect and admiration are what I have for you. Star & Flag

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

It all boils down to the purpose of life, you know?

Whether or not we believe in the dignity of mankind.

Sometimes your force yourself to make life worth living by thinking about family and friends. Sometimes I just think that we should all live just to make life easier for each other because what else can we do to make ourselves happy?

BTW, city life in China changes everyday, but whenever I go back to the old apartment or populated slums, nothing seems to have change.
"f's you up"

[edit on 8/15/2009 by die_another_day]

new topics

top topics

join