Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A few samples of my work...

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hello all! Here's a few samples of my work. I'm a visual artist working and living in NYC.











posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow you have lots of talent. Thank you for sharing your work with us. Post more if you can



posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Wow you have lots of talent. Thank you for sharing your work with us. Post more if you can


Hey, thanks for the compliments! A lot of my new work can't be posted since it's for a book that will be out in early 2005. I'll post more info on it when I can! For now here's another pic of my character The Strange Boy.




posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nice stuff. Reminds me a lot of Kricfalusi. What media do you use to create them?



posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Nice stuff. Reminds me a lot of Kricfalusi. What media do you use to create them?


John K and all the classic animators like Bob Clampett, Tex Avery, Hanna-Barberra and the Fleicher Studio have been a huge influence on me. I use a lot of different media:

Fanboy: Pencil and Photoshop

Octoclown: Pen and Ink, Photoshop

The Strange Boy 1: Acrylics on wood panel

Dummies: Canon Powershot G2, Photoshop

The Strange Boy 2: Illustrator



posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Very clean and precise. I am amazed by the colors.



posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the compliments!

Here are some icons I created that were used by Verizon:



These were made from scratch in Photoshop except the photos above the camera which were taken by myself and my girlfriend. Ever since Apple released OS X I've been obsessed with big detailed icons!



posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wow those are great!!

A few of those have like a clean, refined, 'Ren & Stimpy' kinda look to them. (I mean that as a compliment too!)

All you need now is some well defined characters, some good stories and a lot of patience and time and you got yourself a possible new hit cartoon!!

Are you doing anything with all that talent or is mostly just for fun?



posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Those are great Anung Un Rama.

You should make yourself an avatar. You can't get much more original than your own art work.



posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Wow those are great!!

A few of those have like a clean, refined, 'Ren & Stimpy' kinda look to them. (I mean that as a compliment too!)

All you need now is some well defined characters, some good stories and a lot of patience and time and you got yourself a possible new hit cartoon!!

Are you doing anything with all that talent or is mostly just for fun?


I have some characters including The Strange Boy that I'm working on treatments for. I'll probably do a pilot episode myself with the help of a few illustrator and animator friends and release it on the web first. The problem with doing animation for TV is how much the networks jack you. It's nearly impossible to create a series for TV without the network taking ownership of your characters.

I work full-time as a freelance illustrator and graphic designer. I've worked for several ad agencies and creative boutiques here in NYC over the past six years. Finally this year I've gone out on my own and plan to never work in an office again. It's not for me or probably any truly creative individual. Right now I'm illustrating and co-designing an upcoming publication for Chronicle Books. Once I'm able to announce the project I'll be sure to let everyone know. It's very cool and I can't believe that I'm even working on it.



posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
Those are great Anung Un Rama.

You should make yourself an avatar. You can't get much more original than your own art work.


What's the deal with avatars here? I can't seem to get the link to mine to show up here.

Thanks.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join