It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Pyramid Shafts Being Explored Now.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

The copper handles are just for ornament...or something. It's copper and can't take much weight without bending.

As with many of the seemingly mystifying design aspects of the great pyramid, the copper fittings certainly rank high. As we discussed a couple of days ago, for me it just does not make sense to embed a couple of pieces of copper into a relatively small block of stone. And in an as yet inaccessible (well without modern technology) and inexplicable location, ornamental would be my last idea.

One more thing...does he ever actually explain what the damn 'power plant' was for?

Without sounding sarcastic, power? I agree he does leave that open to speculation but as i remember he did lean towards good old electricity!

Again i'd like to add that i do not take his theories as gospel and keep an open mind.

Very informative posts Kandinsky btw. Definately keep us all 'grounded', I've not spotted any wild claims it was a jelly bean factory................yet!

Regards

Edit for atrocious spelling and grammar (did i spell that correctly??)

[edit on 18/8/09 by logicalview]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

And in an as yet inaccessible (well without modern technology) and inexplicable location, ornamental would be my last idea.

The IMO under-discussed idea about the 'doors' is that they must have been designed into the pyramid. I've read a few explanations that the copper attachments were fixed to a pole or rope and used to either push or pull them into position in the shafts after the construction was completed.

A new search shows that Gantenbrink believes that the builders must have had a clear intention by placing these vertical doors in place. His belief is that they are part of a concealed 'structure' within the GP. Good, eh?

"Between Block No. 15 and 16 we discovered a vertical joint. In the shafts such joints, which have a distinct static function, otherwise occur only proximate to the chambers. It is a complete anomaly to find a vertical joint fully isolated in the nucleus of the pyramid. Since it requires much greater effort to shape and fit the blocks in such an arrangement, we can assume that the builders must have had significant structural justification for going to the trouble of deflecting forces into the horizontal plane."
Pyramid of Man: analysis of plugs found

He's basically saying that the builders were experts at load-bearing structures. For them to include these 'anomalous' weak points in the structure must have a good reason. He implies that it's a room...two rooms including each chamber

He's proposed that the Upnaut releases a gas into the furthest plug/door and draw conclusions from how it reacts...

If there is nothing behind the slab, the gas should escape through the gaps between the limestone blocks. But if there is a hermetically sealed cavity behind the slab, the gas would remain trapped. By measuring its volume, we could determine the volume of the cavity behind the slab – a few cubic liters, or perhaps even several cubic meters?
Upuaut Project

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8a0525c89b0.jpg[/atsimg] Copywrite@UpuautProject

It does seem like there's a lot of persuasive evidence that something could be back there...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

A new search shows that Gantenbrink believes that the builders must have had a clear intention by placing these vertical doors in place. His belief is that they are part of a concealed 'structure' within the GP. Good, eh?

Definately agree that these 'doors' were purposely built into the pyramid at the time of it's construction. Good? probably genius.

If there is nothing behind the slab, the gas should escape through the gaps between the limestone blocks. But if there is a hermetically sealed cavity behind the slab, the gas would remain trapped. By measuring its volume, we could determine the volume of the cavity behind the slab – a few cubic liters, or perhaps even several cubic meters?
Upuaut Project

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8a0525c89b0.jpg[/atsimg] Copywrite@UpuautProject

It does seem like there's a lot of persuasive evidence that something could be back there...

This is a very interesting idea and one that i have yet to read about.
I wonder, did the Egyptians finally discover a way to truly preserve the human body and/or organs?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Unfortunately my brief evening visit to ATS has come to an end. Booo!

Looking forward to catching up on the thread tomorrow.

Here's some questions and thoughts for you to consider:

What is on the reverse of the door?

What would we see if the robots camera could 'look up' behind the door?

In the original 'breakthrough' film, there appears to be two dark/black lines on the floor of the shaft. Could these correlate to the distance between the two copper fittings? Are they wires?

The 'second' door looks like 'just another stone block' Can it move/be moved? Did it 'drop' down? what was it's purpose?

Regards

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Kandinsky, Did I understand you correctly when you said no one has ever prophesied anything? Well I guess we can just ignore Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce. Yes I will agree that their predictions on world events went off track in the 1990s. Many say it's because of divine intervention by the Galactic Federation of Light and spiritual groups around the world. But their record on individuals is documented and very accurate. I know you will say Nostradamus was wrong because he purposely spelled Hitler's name wrong. That's absurd IMO. And I'm sure you will say Lee Harvey Oswald was the only shooter of JFK, and there is no cure for Cancer and Aliens don't exist. Well search my posts and you will see your wrong on each account.

Here's some examples. Debunk them if you can.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

These are still some of my favorite sites on Egyptian stuff.
www.towers-online.co.uk...
www.thehiddenrecords.com...
www.larryhunter.com...

www.paoweb.com...

excellent chapter on Pyramids in Gordon Michael Scallion's book
"Notes From The Cosmos"
www.amazon.com...

I'm not trying to start an argument but I must stand up for what i believe is the truth. Governments are usually corrupt, and Hawass is no different. If he is so honest, then why haven't the wood found in the air shaft's been carbon dated? Yes i saw your post on other carbon dated stuff but that could be restoration. That's the problem, we can't prove what was original or restoration.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Sargoth, I'm not a 'debunker,' I have feelings too. If you cut me I bleed...sigh...sniff.

No, but really, there's a mountain of interpretation around Nostradamus. Cayce is also open to interpretation. Collectively, I haven't seen anything that's truly convincing. Nostradamus is quite fascinating. Prophesies are a dime a dozen and prophets are ten a penny.

I don't believe Oswald was a lone gunman. I'm not even discussing cures for cancer! Aliens? Who really knows? I've believed (at one time) wholeheartedly a lot of the things you enjoy reading and since found them dodgy. I won't criticize your faith in them or I'd have to criticize myself. My views on the world aren't as orthodox as you'd think.

I'll look at the vids right now and get back within 24 hours or sooner.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Putting words in other peoples' mouths much?
I would trust my son when he says what will happen tomorrow more than I would someone like Nostradamus who deliberately coded his writings in multiple layers. Enough so that anything you read is lost in translation and can only be 'objectified' in retrospect.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Not all of Nostradamus's quatrains are understood that's true but many are, like the ones about Hitler. You gotta give credit where credit is due.

On Coast to coast am is an article about an explorer finding a tunnel and chamber system under Giza. Sound familiar.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Ummm. No.
None of his "quatrains" are understood. He deliberately confused them by writing in multiple languages and in multiple dialects.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Hiya Sargoth, I've looked at the Egypt links and wouldn't recommend them for serious study. They're okay for maybe building an interest in Egypt.

Larry Hunter is a good example. In the academic study of Egypt, there are hoops that people have to jump through. They need to be supported by an organization (eg university) and have an appropriate CV before they can even apply to the SCA for permission. This is a 'BS Filter' to stop Giza being flooded by people with buckets and spades. Also people that want to hang out in the tombs or pyramids chanting stuff. It prevents needless damage to the history and protects the heritage from being stolen. It really makes sense, because guys can't turn up at Wrigley Field with a shovel and start chanting about the Cubs. They'd get arrested unless they had permission first.

Larry hasn't really got any of the above. He doesn't appear to have an academic education. He accuses Hawass and Lehner of 'crimes against humanity.' He gets implicated in a story about 'damage to the sphinx' and has the Giza Police on the look out. When he contacts Hawass via letter...he uses Edgar Cayce as a reference source. He's a serious disaster magnet and the makings of a good comedy autobiography.

Wayne Herschel. He's borrowed an awful lot of stuff from other people in the 'lost advanced star brothers race' field. He's cherry-picked a lot of Dan Brown's ideas...and even Brown had got them elsewhere. I was reading about Chaeteau la Riens years before Brown got going. Herschel has a loose concept of history. He claims that Giza pyramids, Stonehenge, Tikal and Teotihuacan are 'star maps' built by a lost race. Big problem. Stonehenge, Giza and Teotihuacan are separated by up to 3000years and we know who built them. A big warning sign about Herschel IMO is he uses the copywrite symbol in every other sentence. He's 'copywrited' ideas that Brown, Bauval and Hancock have had published years earlier.

Towers-online? Much better. At least they stand on facts and then interpret them as they like.

The paoweb site? Our Galactic Brotherhood sure have a lot of merchandise for sale. $11 for 'sirian mothership control display' buttons

If aliens are in our skies, there's two things I can think of. They've made contact and requested silence or they haven't and they'll make contact when it suits them. Either way, giving money to guys that charge for merchandise, books, DVDs and 'facilitating' contact is a baaaad move. Have a listen to this interview...if it doesn't impress...I'll be surprised...right click...save as.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

One more thing...does he ever actually explain what the damn 'power plant' was for?

Without sounding sarcastic, power? I agree he does leave that open to speculation but as i remember he did lean towards good old electricity!

Who knows? COuld be for street lights. Could be for a coffeemaker with a built-in grinder and a clock.

My money's on a Pepsi machine...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When I post links it doesn't mean I agree with every word. Wayne Herschel has gone way beyond Bauval, Hancock and all the rest. Look at his maps. They are amazing. Larry Hunter documented a lot of things Hawass was doing back when they cleaned the interior of the G.P., of the salt on the walls (possibly residue from the Great Flood). He knows where the "Atlantean Hall of Records" is, (about 100 yards in front of the Sphinx).
It takes a lot of reading and examination of these sites. If you dismiss everyone just for mentioning Edgar Cayce then you will lose a lot of info. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
I still haven't heard anyone say what the square things Hawass had built on the side of the Sphinx are for?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I think we can safely agree that most of us think Hawass is the last 3 letters of his name. That said, I particularly dislike his antics, however I have nothing but praise for his preservation and restoration of AE, Under his directorship nearly 10 000 artefacts have been returned to the country, here's hoping he gets Nefretitis bust back from Berlin also.

Now Hawass nearly prostitutes himself for media attention. I have no doubts that if he could claim older civilisation for Egypt he would sell his mother to do so.

Egypt isnt the eldest, and that would be a little badge he would like to wear methinks.
To me, someone who is so wrapt with fame, is unable to contain himself, and not reveal one of the biggest discoveries of all time, like the alleged Atlantean Hall of records....its not a personaility trait of his.

And when i say not the eldest, I mean mesopotamia blah blah.....not you know what beginning with A.

EDIT FOR JR to add "alleged"

[edit on 21-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Nope, Egypt isn't the eldest. And the eldest of our history is the greatest, yet that is overlooked in many respects.
And then you speak of the Atlantean Records?!

Holy smokes!
Ummm.
Yeah.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That's better!

Oh well, they'll come back soon enough and we'll know more.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe when people say Hawass knows about certain Records and that he's not revealing them to the world. Is it possible, yeah it is. Though IMO i don't believe he is. The guy has been an Archaeologist for such a long time and would do anything to promote Archaeology. To think he's hiding records because it mite show that Egypt aint the oldest Civilization is nonsense.

I find the south shaft in the Queens Chamber to be so intresting. Why build the shaft then seal it up in the chamber and place a door in the middle of the shaft? Makes no sense.

Just My Opinion!

Tsom87

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Agreed. Hawass is an egotistical nightmare that thrives on limelight and money, but I doubt he's hiding anything. Stargates, alien ships, secret races, lost technology? How would hiding these things benefit a man that clearly has his eye on the good life and posterity?

It'd make better TV and ratings if he sent a RoboScarab up the shafts with a quantity of plastic explosive and blew the doors. Realistically, we just have to wait and hope there's something exciting behind them.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi. Where do i look to get updates on this current investigation? or indeed any discoveries?

Leeds university website? Dr Hawass blog?

Regards

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hawass doesn't have to be hiding evidence of Alien inteference or Atlantis to be hiding things.
Embargos are placed on Archaeological finds often enough.

Furthermore, Egypt IS NOT the Earth's oldest Civilization.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It seems that Hawass is on a whirlwind tour of the world. I keep looking for updates or even an itinerary of his well-paid adventures without luck. It's reasonable to guess that nothing will be publicized until he's back in the cockpit of the SCA in Cairo. TBH I'm beginning to wonder if anything extraordinary has been discovered...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join