It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Pyramid Shafts Being Explored Now.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Ill ask it hear to get another opinion ive often wondered if the well in the great pyramid leads to a corridor.Egyptians were known for creating entrance ways at the bottom of a shaft it prevented grave robery.And it was done in The Step Pyramid of Djoser. Why create the well in the first place would have took alot of work.Then they create a channel for water to enter it from the nile why? Unless you wanted to flood that to protect something maybe?

Dammit! I was sitting on this until more details were released...

The Osiris Shaft beneath the pyramid is also being excavated as we speak. When it became accessible, centuries of muck and rubble built up, all of which is slowly being cleared and examined for artifacts etc. I almost spat my coffee when reading the team discovered that one of the channels running away was too small to enter...Zahi sent out for a boy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f0427b8547c.jpg[/atsimg] The boy's about to add his own contribution to the mess in the tunnel

HK: Back in June there was supposed to be further exploration of the tunnel leading out of the third level of the Osiris shaft, under Khafre’s causeway. So has the Japanese robot already done its part there? What comes next?

ZH: We did go over one hundred and fifty now into the shaft but we did not go to the end of it, we need maybe a snake robot because of the mud, the problem of the mud.
Interview with Hawass

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f372a64b1a7.jpg[/atsimg] Level 3 of Osiris Shaft and sarcophagus

After the excavation, I looked down into the water and saw the -remains of four pillars surrounded by a wall. Inside them was part of a large, granite sarcophagus with the lid thrown off. This discovery reflected the words of Herodotus when he said that Cheops was buried inside a granite sarcophagus and there was water near Cheops pyramid. People have always wondered about these words, but no one ever discovered the exact location. Even Herodotus admitted that he never saw the burial with his own eyes, because he would never be able to go down into the shaft. He must have based his writing on the words of guides.
The Osiris Shaft

In the center of the emplacement, there is a large sarcophagus made of black basalt. The sarcophagus contained the remains of a skeleton, along with several amulets dating to the Late Period. We were surprised to find that there was also some red polished pottery with traces of white paint, which probably dates to the 6th Dynasty.
Mysterious Osiris Shaft

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I guess the only proof of truth here would be an investigation of the spynx's foot. If only there was a way!

Hiya, the Sphinx has been investigated over the centuries by a lot of different people for different reasons...treasure hunting, restoration and conservation. For centuries it was almost completely buried beneath the sands. The area of Giza wasn't revered, it was simply old stone from the past. In a sense, our fascination for history is a modern invention. Before the 20th Century, history was mainly for the classically educated, everyone else had life to get on with. For such reasons the area fell fairly derelict...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef6c0325153a.jpg[/atsimg] Sphinx 1867

You might be surprised to know that there are cavities and IIRC four tunnels in and around the Sphinx. The bedrock the Sphinx is formed from has been imaged by satellites and geophys teams have used ground penetrating radar and drilled 4'' bore holes to send fiber-optics in. Looters have tried to dig beneath it too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1bf0050254c.gif[/atsimg]

Hancock and Bauval quote SRI geophysicist Lambert Dolphin, who relayed to me a rather different conclusion in a personal correspondence.

"Next we drilled 4 inch bore holes on the anomalies and inspected the hole with downhole TV. Nothing was found except small cracks. We paid special attention to the front paws, and under the paws. No chambers! I do not believe there are any chambers under the Sphinx at this point in time."

There are three known passageways leading into the Sphinx. One is on the back of the Sphinx near its head. This shaft is short and leads to a dead end. Another is at ground level on the north side of the Sphinx near its hip. This shaft has been explored and leads to a dead end below the water table.
Illustrated Sphinx Tunnel page

Much of the recent hi-tech investigations of the Sphinx have focused on the rising water table beneath it. It's on a limestone plateau that's full of fissures, cavities and different layered hardnesses of the stone. It's important to know what kind of damage this can do. Most of the base of the Sphinx has been repeatedly restored over the years with mortar and block, rising damp is not a good thing.

If the Egyptians had overlooked problems with the water table and hidden a secret chamber, it would be flooded time and again. Over the 1000s of years, papyrus would be sediment. It would be excellent if somethingnew was discovered around the Sphinx, but it seems unlikely.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Bulldoze it - then we'll know - to hell with robot insects.

I've been in the pyramid - damn ugly thing. Knock it down I say

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey Kandinsky

The question that pops into my mind is: why go to the trouble of making a narrow tunnel (tunnel that extends from the northwest corner of the lowest level) with at least one branch that apparently goes nowhere?

It doesn't scan

There's got to be something more!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter

Bulldoze it!!!!

How preposterous!!

Dynamite works much better

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Where can i go to find updates on this?

2nd shaft

tsom87

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

The question that pops into my mind is: why go to the trouble of making a narrow tunnel (tunnel that extends from the northwest corner of the lowest level) with at least one branch that apparently goes nowhere?

Hiya McKyle,
I'm not sure anyone can say, the assumption is that it was failed tomb robbers acting on the same instincts that lead to ATS threads...something must be there! It's little known, but the tomb robbers were active throughout the height of the Egyptian civilization. Some queens were buried and then moved to other tombs later on. We look at the Sphinx today and insist that it has to be more meaningful than 'just' a monument. Apparently not. Centuries of like-minded people have took the trouble to find out.

It should also be understood that a market in antiquities is a fairly recent thing. Any treasure taken from tombs in the distant past would be melted down. Succeeding cultures also feel determined to deface and destroy what came before them. Imagine what might have been lost? Some cool stuff...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

It should also be understood that a market in antiquities is a fairly recent thing. Any treasure taken from tombs in the distant past would be melted down. Succeeding cultures also feel determined to deface and destroy what came before them. Imagine what might have been lost? Some cool stuff...

That's something I have thought about often mate, and then I remind myself not to think about it. Too depressing

My mistake with the tunneling. I assumed the tunnels were in place at the time of construction. I didn't think for them to be post-diggings.

Thanks for the quick response mate

[edit on 17-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Im thinking MOAB (cGBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb) could you amagine what that would look like equivilent to 13000 lbs of tnt of high explosives now that would be impressive

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by mckyle

Im thinking MOAB (cGBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb) could you amagine what that would look like equivilent to 13000 lbs of tnt of high explosives now that would be impressive

I guess really we should ask our Afghan, Taliban friends how best to destroy a unique megalithic carving. In 2001, they did a superb job of turning into rubble, two of the largest stone-carved buddhas known to the world: they dynamited the twin Buddha statues in Afghanistan's Bamiyan Valley, destroying one of the world's greatest and least studied cultural treasures!
Further Reading

[edit on 18-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The 3rd entrance of the Sphinx that matters and wasn't mentioned is on the right side of the Sphinx behind the right paw. It has been blocked by the square thing Zahi H. had built there. There is a 1926 photo of men at that entrance. I've tried but can't find it anymore. How come nobody ever mentions that square thing. Anybody know what it's for?
Remember what Edgar Cayce said. The entrance to the connecting chambers may not be entered until the time is right, after the changes come. Not word for word but easier to understand.
I seriously doubt there is anything behind the stone plugs of those tiny shafts.

www.bethcoleman.net...

www.thehiddenrecords.com...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sargoth
The 3rd entrance of the Sphinx that matters and wasn't mentioned is on the right side of the Sphinx behind the right paw. It has been blocked by the square thing Zahi H. had built there. There is a 1926 photo of men at that entrance. [edit on 18-8-2009 by Sargoth]

Well I didn`t find the photo you were looking for, but I did find this interesting website that seems to back up your claim...

www.crystalinks.com...

It has some very nice pictures and schematics of the sphinx and its surroundings...

EDIT :

Did some more reading and found a good web discussion and a very good informative site, haven`t read it ALL through, but it contains a lot of useful data.

forums.atlantisrising.com...

www.hallofmaat.com...

Hope this helps

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Lunatyx]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Lunatyx]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

The 3rd entrance of the Sphinx that matters and wasn't mentioned is on the right side of the Sphinx behind the right paw. It has been blocked by the square thing Zahi H. had built there. There is a 1926 photo of men at that entrance. I've tried but can't find it anymore. How come nobody ever mentions that square thing. Anybody know what it's for? Remember what Edgar Cayce said. The entrance to the connecting chambers may not be entered until the time is right, after the changes come. Not word for word but easier to understand.

I seriously doubt there is anything behind the stone plugs of those tiny shafts.

Hello Sargoth, the legend of the secret tunnel 'hidden from the world' is one that's mainly spread by Robert Temple. The 1926 photo afaik is only known through Temple. What he overlooks in his book is that a great many people have worked on the assumption that the Sphinx is hiding a tomb, tunnel or chamber. Captain Giovanni Battista Caviglia thoroughly searched for an entrance and so have many others. It's unrealistic to suggest Hawass is hiding it when for several centuries (whilst uncovered) it was unsecured and explored by many. Ground penetrating radar, satellites, tomb robbers, Napoleonic soldiers and even the people that have lived there...no chamber has been known.

Edgar Cayce and his followers can be very interesting people, but let's not overlook that Cayce's prophecies have been wrong before and, in fact, there isn't a single substantiated prophecy that has been made by anyone.

Your doubt about anything being found behind the 'doors?' It's one shared by many. The expectation of Egyptolgists (that are bold enough to comment) tends to be that behind the doors will be cavities filled with fine sand. So you are in good orthodox, company.

I'll admit, I have no idea what will be behind those doors. I deeply hope that something wonderful is discovered. Something like King Tut's tomb. If it's more extraordinary...aliens, UFO blueprints or free energy devices, I'm sure we'll all be just thrilled...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter

Just mention to israel Iran has hidden their weapons there

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't know whether this guy's onto something or not, but it''s certainly an interesting take on a possible purpose for the pyramids....

Pyramids as a Power Plant
Power Plant? Beyond the door
More evidence

Pretty cool

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dose anyone think it could be just one huge stone behind the door with the copper handles. I just cant think what it could be. Its so intresting!

Where can go to find updates on this?

Tsom87

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightflyer28

Hiya Nightflyer, Chris Dunn has an interesting site (Gizapowerplant). I remember he also had a monthly article in a UK magazine along the same lines. The 'explosive' explanation for the misalignment and cracks in the granite holding chamber is full-on genius, I reckon. He's got a lot of imagination.

He seems to only see things how he wants them to be. He pulls out a straightedge, holds it to a carved block and pulls a mystified face. 'How can the Egyptians possibly have been this accurate?!' Next image...it's a coved granite block...and out comes the straightedge and puzzled face. What makes him think that Egyptians needed a laser-level or DeWalt router to get accurate straight edges and consistent curves? They had plumb lines, levels and straightedges. They also scribed their stone in preparation. For the 'perfect curves?' Wood templates...we still use them.

The accuracy of their work is impressive. Much harder to do back then, than these days...lots more time and sweat. His site draws our attention from how it can be done to how it can't be done. In reality there are equally straight edges in places like Ur, Rome and later, Athens. Nobody had advanced or mechanical power tools until the industrial revolution. In the meantime, without power tools stone masons managed to cover most of the world in beautiful architecture...straight edges, equal curves etc...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5251a6117939.jpg[/atsimg] Cathedral of Amiens

One more thing...does he ever actually explain what the damn 'power plant' was for?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
Dose anyone think it could be just one huge stone behind the door with the copper handles. I just cant think what it could be. Its so intresting!

Where can go to find updates on this?

Tsom87

Hiya Tsom, I meant to get back to you about your earlier post and got sidetracked. There's no news to find yet. keep trying the Hawass blog in the OP. He's on a world tour of highly paid TV shows, talks and presentations right now. There's no way in the world any news will come out without him being the bearer.

The copper handles are just for ornament...or something. It's copper and can't take much weight without bending. I'm 100% hoping that something abso-****ing-lutely great is found behind at least one of the doors. A tomb would be fantastic and maybe point the way to other tombs in pyramids. Don't forget that the amount of human remains discovered in ALL the pyramids combined couldn't build a four-armed Frankenstein...mwuhah!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ok thanks kandinsky...

2nd line

Tsom87

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Nightflyer28

One more thing...does he ever actually explain what the damn 'power plant' was for?

Not as far as I can tell... I've looked.

Of course, there really isn't enough evidence to give credence to any specific speculation.

Doesn't necessarily discredit the theory, though. I'm withholding judgement on it for now - I'd like to see whether if someone were to build a duplicate of how it's supposed to have been when it was new, if they could actually get it to work.

I also wonder how the other pyramids fit into this theory of his. And of course, what all that power might have been for.

Maybe a computer simulation could show whether it would work like the thinks.

BTW - good choice for a tag - great short story.

Look around online for "The Star Beast" - first read it in grade school, but still a good one.

[edit on 8/18/2009 by Nightflyer28]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join