It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board reinstates Willis, says city violated his rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Board reinstates Willis, says city violated his rights

www.shreveporttimes.com

A Shreveport police officer who was fired for violating departmental policy while arresting Angela Garbarino on Nov. 17, 2007, has been reinstated.

The Shreveport Municipal Fire and Police Civil Service Board's seven members made the ruling Wednesday in the case known nationally for video footage of the handcuffed woman lying in a pool of her blood in a police interrogation room.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Police Brutality or Slip and Fall?

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I find this to be an absolute disgrace. There are too many cases of police getting away with horrific acts of violence these days, and this ruling is just a slap in the face to anyone who as been abused by the police.

[qoute]"He'll get a year and a half of back pay, benefits, retirement, everything," said Michael Carter, president of the Shreveport police officers union.[/qoute]

www.shreveporttimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15/8/2009 by Neo-V™]

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't quite know this whole story but why are rewarding this cop for wrongdoings?? My nets being slow and I cant get the link to work so I cant get the full story...
Why was the woman in a pool of blood??? Was this a male cop? Why was he interogating and touching a woman? I thnk thats against policy. Why do these guys always think they can go what they want and that they are above the law?

Maybe I'm reading to much ATS but it seems recently there is case after case after case of bad stuff done by cops.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

A handcuffed Louisiana woman who emerged from a police holding room with two black eyes and broken teeth said that after the arresting officer turned off a monitoring camera he slammed her against a wooden door and then against a metal locker.

Source

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™

A handcuffed Louisiana woman who emerged from a police holding room with two black eyes and broken teeth said that after the arresting officer turned off a monitoring camera he slammed her against a wooden door and then against a metal locker.

Source

Ummm wow that is completely innapropriate. And as far as I know male cops arent supposed to do stuff like this. Even if it was a woman cop that would be wrong. And thats a lot of blood. What the hell.

I bet this guy beats his wife too, I hate people who abuse women. Fat disgusting pig. I have no respect for these guys (and that doesnt mean all cops). What a worthless scumbag piece of garbage this guy is. Karma wil get him though, and itll painful. He will also burn when we dies.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Maybe I'm reading to much ATS but it seems recently there is case after case after case of bad stuff done by cops.

It has been happening and now the stories are finally coming out. My 62 yr old white father was pulled over for failure to use a turn signal while changing lanes at 2AM He was on I90 in the middle of no where and no other cars.

The cops took him 90 miles back from Rochester NY to Syracuse NY and beat the # out of him. Dad had no tickets, didn't swear, didn't drink, and didn't have a mean bone in his body. When Mom went to a lawyer about pressing charges of police abuse, she was told to forget it even though our doctor had taken pictures and was willing to go to court.

So yes I do believe there are sadistic b@st@rds in the police force and they do get away with beating on people. Unfortunately this makes it tough on the good cops.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I hate judging events based on supposition. It is so easy to get things wrong. But this instance is so egregious that I can't imagine how one can overlook the evidence of brutality.

I bet this cop, after turning off the recorder, felt a whole lot better. So how do we ascertain if he feels 'a whole lot better now'?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I can't believe the same guy in that video is being allowed back into the police force .. I don't know what to say anymore .. the police are being given free reigns on the public which they are supposed to be protecting .. this is sickening because you know this guy's going to do this again and they have now facilitated that possibility instead of eliminating it altogether

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
after being a member here for sometime debunking video becomes a bit of a skill. and i have to say this:

There is not a chance in hell you could fall flat on your face and black BOTH eyes evenly. ZERO.

This little piggy needs to fry.

top topics

join