It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hear perpetual high pitched frequencies?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I find this thread interesting because ever since I was a child (I'm 34 now) I've "heard" a high pitched "frequency" in either of my ears (though rarely both ears at once). They would fade in & out randomly throughout my life. I always thought it happened to everyone until I was talking to my best friend who only just recently experienced this "ringing". And I never thought of it as ringing because that's not how it "sounds". It's always very hard to describe, so I may not even be talking about the same thing as y'all but, well, it's the first time I've seen people discussing it so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

When I was a kid, I half expected to see a UFO when I heard it! Maybe I wasn't too far off.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've had the high pitched ringing in my ears since I was a child, but this last year has seen them with more frequency than ever before. I just had two on Sunday August 23rd.

I doubt its Vitamin D deficiency as I eat quite well.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I sometimes get a really high pitched beeping noise at the back of my head close to my right ear. Nothing in my house makes noises that high pitched and it only happens at night, rarely in the day.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Do you know those frequency things they make that run by battery or you plug in for mosquito's, bugs, rodents......well, we can't have those in our home because although they are supposed to be silent to humans, I can hear them. We have tried 2 products & both times I fell down holding my ears & begging my husband to turn them off. The sound was piercing!! It felt like it took all day afterwords to get my hearing completely back. Don't know why i can hear them & no one else in my home can?? strange.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You know the sound, the high pitched sound, that a tube tv makes?

(some more than others)

higher than that is what I normally hear. Mostly when all else around is quiet. I'm most likely inclined to believe it's something to do with blood flow, pressure, and release of gaseous chemicals resonating at a frequency that is interpreted by the area of the ear or brain that interprets audible frequencies.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if it were actually in fact the sounds of 'tuning in', or something galactic, or like said a dna ugprade. I wouldn't mind those scenarios, but until that is likely to me, I'll accept the last paragraph as the cause for my ears.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm very interested by your take on this...I've heard this sound in both ears equally for as long as I can remember. I've read many posts here and can say that music, video games, concerts etc have had no part in it. I have often worried about the fact that it may be a sign of hearing damage but then at the same time I can hear a whisper from across the room.

Sound/vibration is massively important for what is unfolding, with all the other 'signs' for those that can see them this is something I had not anticipated having a meaning.

On a side note...

I have often noticed, as many others have as well, how things appear in TV & Movies a few years before they appear on shelves. One thing I look for now in anything Sci-Fi are these types of 'pre-release' appearances of advanced tech.

My point? An episode of the (new) Outer Limits dealt with exactly this idea; high frequency sound used to bring about genetic mutation on a planet-wide scale.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All I can say, is that I am very envious. I hear the sound sometimes. It is the sound of your frequency rising. Everyone on this planet, especially at this time should be raising their frequency.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Durrilll

[edit on 2-9-2009 by djgreggyp]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

I've heard this ringing for as long as I can remember. While I believe it most likely is tinnitus, it also doesn't 'seem' like tinnitus.

This ringing sound is not the rumble or low frequency that some say they hear. Nor is it a whooshing sound or buzzing sound that many tinnitus websites describe the sound as.

And this ringing isn't actually in my 'ears' - it 'sounds/feels' more like it's in the middle of my head - or the upper middle of my head. really hard to define.

But if I focus on it, it gets incredibly loud. But it isn't painful and it certainly doesn't disrupt my hearing - I have pretty good hearing (I applied to join the Army years ago and did the hearing tests and, while I had this damned high pitched sound in my head, still scored very high on the hearing test)

For me, the sound is similar to that of when an old CRT television is on in another room -- you can kind of 'hear' that it's on. No, not the tv volume being turned up (
)- but that funny high frequency sound of the CRT tv just being 'on'.

My sound is very similar to that. But again, it isn't an external sound; it doesn't feel or sound like it's in my ears or my ears are 'listening' to it -- it feels like it's in my head. Ugh, so hard to describe... And it's always there, since I was a child, always 'on' and if I focus on it, it gets louder and louder. But not painful. To be honest, I've never known it not to be there.

I want to go to my GP about it but I know what he'll say - stress, rest and exercise. Who knows, could be a sign I'm a candidate of HCE

[edit on 2-9-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this, every time I ask my gf about this she acts like I am crazy.
I did some research on tinnitus and I do not think it is that.
I have been hearing this ringing noise forever since I can remember(can't remember it not being there)
Usually it is very strong when I am in a very quiet place, such as when I am sleeping, or when it is TOO quiet, that is when it is very very loud and almost like gives me a head ache but not painful it is strange.
I also found it was very bad when I was in a sound proof room doing a hearing test for the army, its very uncomfortable

Originally posted by noonebutme

But if I focus on it, it gets incredibly loud. But it isn't painful and it certainly doesn't disrupt my hearing - I have pretty good hearing (I applied to join the Army years ago and did the hearing tests and, while I had this damned high pitched sound in my head, still scored very high on the hearing test)

[edit on 2-9-2009 by noonebutme]

Hahahahah, that is hilarious, I posted like the same thing you did, I just now read your post after posting mine. Yeah it was annoying taking that test waiting for the high frequency noises while the loud "buzzing" going on, then waiting for the other people to finish up. Doing that hearing test for the army is when I noticed it the most, I also tested high in the hearing test

[edit on 2-9-2009 by tempesillest]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by tempesillest]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I don't know why they call it 'ringing'. Sounds more like crickets on steriods. And it isn't in my ears, it appears to come from behind and to the right. The volume varies. I also get tunnel vision with kalidescope effects around the edges. The auditory thing has been goining on for years. The visual just started this year. No headaches, unless I go into a Wal-Mart.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

That is practically IDENTICAL to what I have!!

Yes - the sound box was the same - I sat there with those headphones on and a hand-held button in each hand, ready to click it when I heard a sound in one of my ears. I got a bit paranoid and I swore i hear something but it was so faint and thought my usual 'condition' was messing up the test.

Instead, I did hear some of the very low frequency sounds as well as very faint ones and had a really good score.

And again, it gets really loud the quieter the environment is that I'm in. But I am almost positive it isn't actually occuring in my ears - I'm sure it's perceived in my head.

Nice to know there's others with this and I'm not (completely) mad!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I know exactly what you mean!!!! The more quiet it gets the more deafening the sound!!!

I only joined ATS recently, but I never thought I'd come across this. I have heard the sound, the Aum apparently. I have a mentor in Victoria that has shown me the way and finally I realized I wasn't crazy. I am an alcoholic and the way I got started on booze was when I was 8. I hated the sound and when my friend and I chugged some whiskey, I laid down and it was GONE!!! Anyways, sober long time now and I've never heard the AUM so loud as I'm hearing now. It's awesome. I use it to meditate. I also just tried that chakra opening thing but I just pushed too hard tonight and there's nothing left till post-sleep.

I was scared to google 'hearing loud sound in your head' because I didn't want to know. But then it was an ATS link and the people on here are great...for the most part so I feel good about sharing. I have never been a blogger but this thread is so awesome.

When I meet people that have awakened, I mediate to the point of complete vibration and perfect clear...then I transmit the Aum to the person in question and for brief periods of time they can hear it!!!! WHOA!!! So the people I've done that to have told me that they cannot summon the Aum at will but it comes at random times.

I realize some of you may not agree with my labelling of the Aum but it's just a word and it's what I use. I can't wait for the shift so we can live like humans.

love toall!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

That is practically IDENTICAL to what I have!!

Yes - the sound box was the same - I sat there with those headphones on and a hand-held button in each hand, ready to click it when I heard a sound in one of my ears. I got a bit paranoid and I swore i hear something but it was so faint and thought my usual 'condition' was messing up the test.

Instead, I did hear some of the very low frequency sounds as well as very faint ones and had a really good score.

And again, it gets really loud the quieter the environment is that I'm in. But I am almost positive it isn't actually occuring in my ears - I'm sure it's perceived in my head.

Nice to know there's others with this and I'm not (completely) mad!

haha yeah the buzzing messed with me on that test, sometimes i thought the buzzing was the noise and was like was that the low frequency pitch or just my brain? aww screw i'll press it anyways LOL

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

What you are hearing is vibration friquency, you might also experience many other things as well
Check out this site
signs of spiritual awakenning

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I sometimes get ringing ears...I do listen to music at a very loud level on my headphones sometimes. But the ringing with happen at random such as when I am at work or hanging out with friends etc. It lasts for a minute or so and then goes away.

I always thought that was one of those things that happened from time to time, never really knew the reason for it...I wouldn't be so quick as make any great assumptions about the future of humanity because of it, though

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

i have been hearing high pitches for years. i always thought it was florescent lights but then i realized that i have heard it when there is no lights around or on at all. i dont know what it is but it annoys the crap outta me

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I get this once in a while. Last time i remember getting it was real spooky. I was mowing the lawn while rocking out to Disturbed when suddenly everything went silent and i heard this high pitched sound and my head whipped around, involunarily and i saw a car speeding down the road almost hitting something. Im not sure if this is psychic presence in my head or just from listening to loud music. But, i've heard this sound just sitting in the dead silence in school sometimes. Its just....weird, very interesting stuffs

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I too have heard the ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember.

For followers of FRINGE you'll see where I'm heading. I think their on to something with how they opened the porthole into a parallel universe. The device seemed to take 3 stations emitting ultrasonic sounds focusing their beams to intersect at a point.

Now if string theory is correct then everthing has a string of vibrating energy and that frequency of vibration is what determines it's properties. I may have gotten that wrong, feel free to correct me. Now in keeping with this could you use sound devices to manipulate physical properties?

In the show it said that you needed to find HOT SPOTS where the membrane between our world and their world is more pourous(SP?). Could the ringing be a HOT SPOT passing near you? Assuming the multiverse theory is correct.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
i have had this quite a bit in the last 1yr. Some nights it sounds like fast morse code.

other times its just a buzz in my right ear.

I found out the actual note too. It was exactly an F#. The heart chakra pitch and also the pitch of the great pyramid . how cool is that!!

dont know what it means though.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by grantbeed]

[edit on 15-8-2009 by grantbeed]

I remember some old Tibetan monk saying in some docu, that the "OM" is actually a note around F#, but not quite.

I get these too, used to get a lot when I was a kid, but they have been increasing lately. Almost certainly something to do with brainwaves or -activity. They definitely have a meaning 'tho.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join