It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are you really that UPSET about Slavery?

page: 4
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Nope.

I aint upset.. i just fink people are sad when the use race as a card

Look around you.. wat do you think a slave is? a black person?

I suggest you wake up my friend YOU DO NOT PRINT MONEY do you?

or do you?

Oh sorry no you dont

you are a slave to your own apperthy and greed.. get use to it

Back when we traded humans on the open market people seen it.. we called them 'n-word's.. now? your all 'n-word's mate.. they took the chains of unleashed the beast and put the chains in your .. people who want to whine about black and white are narrow minded idiots who do not intrest me or even undertand wha the word SLAVE means...

do you go to work? why? ? lol brainswashed .. thats why wake the f up my friend

I knew wat a salve was when i was sat in school wondering "and watching the TV in lesson" about people being SENT to school to DO a job

Do you know what that JOB was? learn how to dig COAL...

funny do you think?

You do NOT go to work FOR YOU .. you go to work FOR very RICH men WHO need WORKERS "aka" SLAVES who pay U to be STUPID


and you do not need a phd to work it out ... comes with commen sens unless ur a brainwashed little sheep who says BAR BARR when u turn on that OXO box of propaganda you call TV

your all slaves.. dont matter wat colour you are




posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have never been upset about slavery and if a black person around me starts to talk about it, I just ask to see their scars from the whippings and the shackles.

I am not apologetic about it nor do I feel any sympathy towards black America because of it.

Some have told me that is a racist view. I reply that if that is a racist view then I am a racist. I refuse to be bullied into feeling sorry and accept blame for what someone else did a hundred or so years ago.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I have never been upset about slavery and if a black person around me starts to talk about it, I just ask to see their scars from the whippings and the shackles.

I am not apologetic about it nor do I feel any sympathy towards black America because of it.

Some have told me that is a racist view. I reply that if that is a racist view then I am a racist. I refuse to be bullied into feeling sorry and accept blame for what someone else did a hundred or so years ago.


Yep, but what happens when the black individual happens to know a bit of psychology and points to the claim of Historical Racism?

Then it's uh oh. Well they can't trust Whitey, because of a generations ago act. I'd suppose jews have problems with Egyptians. Not sure on that one.

If you see the poster childs of hip hop and rap, it's very protective of being a proud black person. It's freaky, you never really here any white singers talking about I'm a fly white guy. (well except for that song lol)

But it's always a downput to white people, and uplifts black people. And it's got a catchy beat so people blindly like it.

It's just more us vs them. And their not helping at all.

Seems funny though.... thinking about it, right now. One day, this will not exist, maybe not in the near future, but eventually, it'll evaporate. Disappear.

What would we complain about then, oh well i'm sure we'll think something up, we have quite a bit of time to do so.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08
 


Like I said, if they think my view is racist then they can call me that if they want.

I don't argue with them or try and change their minds. I just shrug my shoulders and walk off.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Republican08
 


Like I said, if they think my view is racist then they can call me that if they want.

I don't argue with them or try and change their minds. I just shrug my shoulders and walk off.


I suppose that's not to bad.

Although, viewpoints like this haven't gotten me quite a few "someones gonna shoot you for bein racist''.

Which only really makes a bad stance against them, but it'll turn violent before it turns rational.

Note to the black community readers.

I'm not saying all black people are irrational.

If your here, i'd bet your not irrational


Although with one who fights in this stance, I would say they would be.

Also because of them, I need a disclaimer, so my family isn't threatened with death threats. Because I refuse to feel guilt for someone elses fault. Or feel guilt for the african parents who sold their children.

It is their guilt they must deal with, not mine. I have few things to feel guilty of, I don't need another.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140
 


that technialy would make them racist ; )

not you but forcing you to think that way...

Yes people of a "colour" tone was treated bad in the past i mean you can ask the arabs.. they did more slave trading than white people FACT and are they white? Nope..

its the fact people are treated as a comidtiy...

Reality my friends.. WE use to HUNT for our food.. now we have become lazy and willing to take any mind washed crap you here on TV..

do you understand WE are ALL slaves.. want proof?

look in ur pocket ITS CALLED MONEY.. and TAX ..

you have been brain wahsed into thinking this is the ONLY way to live..

omg its scarey to think of another way!!! ahhh omaggaaadd no money !!!

do not see lions whining about it or other NORMAL animals..

makes me laugh when people thing nature is some kinda movie??

what do you think you are really? oh sorry i for got.. god made you and all that stuff.. what a pathetic cop out

People need to look in the mirror

Try being you.. not what your told and brainwashed to think.. its pathetic

and that is coming from the person who was made the very same way u was ...

criminal.. how petty people are



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Rap doesnt uplift black people. Maybe some older hip hop, but gangster rap and modern stuff like that garbage lil wayne and lil jon isnt uplifting at all. I cant even understand what the are saying or talkng about most the time!!!


Its also funny too because a huge amount of fans of that are white kids.

I personally don't like rap, I do like a lot of 80s and 90s hip hop though (theres a diff between rap and hip hop, rap is commercial and owned by record labels, hip hop is generally independent).

My favorite music is blues and 60s rock like Bob Dylan and stuff. I cant stand modern music at all, its sooooooo bad!!! Its all these brainless rappers, and emo rocker crybabies with make up on and hair brushed over one eye ahahahahha!



[edit on by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08
 


I have been threatened a few times.

I tell them to act on their threat or get out of my way, wait a few seconds and then walk away. I reallly don't care if my view upsets people. It is mine and I won't be bullied into changing it.

So far nobody has jumped. If they do then one of two things will happen.

1. I come out on top and my view stays the same.

2. I get whipped and my view stays the same.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


You have to understand that almost all white people have been taught to use the AA term.

At this point, we are so confused we don't know what to say.


I do not refer to black Americans as African Americans. When I hear someone claim they are African American I ask to see their visa/green card that they immigrated here from Africa. When they are unable to do that and state they were born in Chicago or any other city in the United States I simply correct them that they are Americans who happen to be black. Just as I am an American who happens to be white. Yes we all have our ancestry... however in referring to one's current position it is incorrect. I am just tired of being "PC" just to make one "minority" group happy. I am a person that tells it like it is. Like it or not it is what it is. When we finally get past the "slavery" issue and stop the need of entitlement or that some feel they are "owed" something because their great great great ancestors were slaves... we may be able to progress in our society. But until that goes away we will not be able to move past it and continue to dig ourselves into a hole.

Another issue I have is the black expo, the negro college fund etc. etc., those in themselves create racial divides, I do not see a white expo, or a white college fund or any other of those varieties. I guarantee if someone held a "white" expo there would be uproar and people like Jesse Jackson would decry racism and all sorts of nonsense. I've got a phrase for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.... Take a long walk on a short dock.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Republican08
 


I have been threatened a few times.

I tell them to act on their threat or get out of my way, wait a few seconds and then walk away. I reallly don't care if my view upsets people. It is mine and I won't be bullied into changing it.

So far nobody has jumped. If they do then one of two things will happen.

1. I come out on top and my view stays the same.

2. I get whipped and my view stays the same.




I'm black but if these people are saying this stuff to you, THEY are the racists. I detest racists, even peopleof my own color.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
With labels I am all for consistency. If you have African Americans, you have to have European Americans too.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


Yes you've said that before about the white suburban kids, just like the white kids who for some reason have a nice life, but are depressed and do the whole emo thing.

It's quite irritating, everytime I got to a gas station, I have to hear it pumping into the ground rapping about how loud the bass is, I know I can feel it, I can't here the woman i'm trying to buy gas from. Stop spending money on pissing everyone off and go do something with it better.

I always kinda liked lil jon. I don't know, he just seems crazy in a cool way. lol, I honestly couldn't imagine chilling with him though, to much energy. I'd flip out yelling "Calm the HELL down! It's just a fly flying around!"

I see the whole rap and talking about killing people, taking drugs, and degrading women. And their actually starting to turn around, i've noticed it lately, hopefully the phase is over, and the neighbors will stop bassing 24/7... maybe.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


Don't be upset, I'm not.

I just chalk it up to how they were raised. Thats why I shrug my shoulders and walk away.

If they want to believe the white man is keeping them down. Then let them stay down, they are obviously to weak to make anything of themselves.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
With labels I am all for consistency. If you have African Americans, you have to have European Americans too.


lmao, exactly! Like tons of white people are originally combinations of people from europe, but you never hear german american or polish american or whatever (you do, but not often).

Its same with most black people too, their skin may be brown but the average black guy or girl in the us is a combination. As matter of fact I've read that a lot of black people have "white blood" in them too or whatever the term is. Even if both parents are black.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


Hey me too through some reggae in there as well. And in light of that give you guys some Bob to think about!

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fullfill the book

Won't you help to sing, these songs of freedom
Cause all I ever had, redemption songs
Redemption songs, redemption songs

Couldn't resist kinda fitting for what we've been discussing don't ya think?



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


Yes you've said that before about the white suburban kids, just like the white kids who for some reason have a nice life, but are depressed and do the whole emo thing.

It's quite irritating, everytime I got to a gas station, I have to hear it pumping into the ground rapping about how loud the bass is, I know I can feel it, I can't here the woman i'm trying to buy gas from. Stop spending money on pissing everyone off and go do something with it better.

I always kinda liked lil jon. I don't know, he just seems crazy in a cool way. lol, I honestly couldn't imagine chilling with him though, to much energy. I'd flip out yelling "Calm the HELL down! It's just a fly flying around!"

I see the whole rap and talking about killing people, taking drugs, and degrading women. And their actually starting to turn around, i've noticed it lately, hopefully the phase is over, and the neighbors will stop bassing 24/7... maybe.


Oh god I HATE the loud bass. Its so annoying! Also I've been in cars before with it, and some people have it so loud it just sounds all distorted and stuff. How the hell does that sound good to anyone?? lol. I hurts my . cause I can literally feel it pounding in my skull!


Yeah most people into that stuff probably have a attention problem and want attention from anyone whether it be negative or positive, they are like cats or some crap.hahah.

As far as lil jon, I donno if you like dave chappelle but he used to do skits making fun of him and it was hilarious! The whole skit was about what you are talkng about, like whatmif lil jon acts in real life how he does in his music. lolol. I miss that show.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


Hey me too through some reggae in there as well. And in light of that give you guys some Bob to think about!

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fullfill the book

Won't you help to sing, these songs of freedom
Cause all I ever had, redemption songs
Redemption songs, redemption songs

Couldn't resist kinda fitting for what we've been discussing don't ya think?



Exactly! Thats a great quote. Bob Marley is of corse one of my faves. What the hell happened to music? It used to be so good and ABOUT something. Now 90 percent is garbage, its sad.

As far as those lyrics, I believe he is saying no one can free anyone except for themselves. Atleast in the first few lines in my opinion thats what he means. Its kinda like what I talk about a lot, if you dwell on slavery and the past you are keeping the chains on yourself! Atleast thats how I take that song. And Bob Marley was a peaceful man and spoke for all people, imo.

Thats why I love music, everyone takes their own thing from songs. Everyone hears something different n songs.

And BTW is your avatar from Ultima Online? I'm a nerd and used to play. I'm also a big fan of the Ultima series. By far my favorite american rpgs.



[edit on by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


I half like Chappelle and half dislike him, i've found myself laugh pretty hard though.

Although some of his stuff, I just didn't find funny, I can name any off hand. But it was just, he could've done better I guess.

I think of him like Dane Cook, what they say really isn't funny, but the way they move and act tone, makes it seem funny.

I despise dane cook, terrible actor, terrible comedian. Dave Chappelle at least isn't as extravagant about it.

Although I'm a sucker for skits though.



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


I half like Chappelle and half dislike him, i've found myself laugh pretty hard though.

Although some of his stuff, I just didn't find funny, I can name any off hand. But it was just, he could've done better I guess.

I think of him like Dane Cook, what they say really isn't funny, but the way they move and act tone, makes it seem funny.

I despise dane cook, terrible actor, terrible comedian. Dave Chappelle at least isn't as extravagant about it.

Although I'm a sucker for skits though.


Thats how I feel. I dn't like chappelles stand up, but I like his skits. As far as dane cook I hate him! Mainly because all he does is just jump around and stuff, and he gets girls throwing panties at him and stuff, what is so funny and attractive about him? I dont get it lol.

I've also read that a lot of comedians hate him because he got so famous and big so fast,. When there are tons of really funny and intelligent comics still working in comedy clubs and stuff, and they arent getting specials on hbo and stuff.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


In agreement with you about the state of music now-a-days. Current mainstream music is a wreck. At least we have the music of the past to listen to and take us out of our worlds by pushing play. Music definitely soothes the savage beast. In regards to the subject of slavery, slavery has been around as long as prostitution and is one of the oldest professions.

However, with slavery in America being debated on this thread, it has never left, but now the slave masters reside in the shadows instead of out in the open as seen in the Antebellum South. Now we have to deal with slavery of the mind which is far more abusive and harmful than bondage of a physical sense. Go to any public school in one of Americas' impoverished areas, and you will see how screwed up and disproportionate it really is; and then go to a predominately well to do area and you will see educational grandeur with swimming pools, new books, rooms teeming with computers, teachers with impeccable credentials, and the list continues . . . The chains of bondage have never left but now you can't see them like before. Just look at the statistics of Americans of color in the prison system and that is a complete shock to anyone! I can assure those astronomical numbers are no fluke and something sinister is behind that as well. The modern day plantation might as well be the American penitentiary system and this where the state gets slave labor. There they get public works projects, license plates, and other manufacturing endeavors for nothing while someone serves their bid to society. So if that isn't slavery, then I don't know what is?

However, here is the real shocker, slavery has no set caste system. Poverty is slavery and it involves people of all races, creeds, and castes. We are seeing right now how disproportionate wealth is in this country and others around the globe. You see people of renown and wealth managing weave through this recession relatively unscathed. However, the little guy, is losing his pension, healthcare, home, jobs, and other facets of civilized society. However, the government would like to put up smoking mirrors with these bailouts and obscure the true image of America and how it takes care of the hard working middle-class man or woman. The double standard is as clear as day and is not exclusive to one people. Poverty is the the chains that bond. Some say Dr. Martin Luther King was going to wage war on poverty before his untimely assassination.

Maybe the PTB thought that with his effectiveness in the Civil Rights Movement in the 60's, and his interest in poverty in America, he was a threat that had to be taken out? It's a shame that such a peaceful and brilliant man was taken from this world before his work was done. However, that is how the human animal acts toward people they don't understand. So in other words, slavery is still with us but now it is psychological which is far more sinister and detestable. Man needs to be emancipated from the slavery of his own mind, and when that happens, hopefully the world will be better off than it is now. However, I may come off as an idealist with this opinion but that is how I see things at the present time.



[edit on 16-8-2009 by Jakes51]



new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join