It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Oh Zorgon what can I say but thank you?

What a open possibility you have discovered.

What is the current Navy Space Command doing right now? Have you been given this as one of the next steps towards informing the public about what direction we have already taken?

And do you have many flyby's over your home? Have you ever seen anything you thought could be part of this secret Space Command?

You know that my greatest hope for disclosure is not of Alien disclosure but of our disclosure, this feels like the door is opening, keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

They actually had one in Trinidad, in the West Indies in the 80's. That was top secret for years. It still might be?

French... CNES

I don't have a picture of that but they also put one on Kourou, French Guiana circa 1970. Algeria became independent from France in 1962 and they had to move out of the Sahara-based Hammaguir launch site by July 1967.

The Diamant B rocket on the launch pad in Kourou, French Guiana circa 1970. Credit: CNES

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
very interesting thread sweet!
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

(BTW Zorgon; flagged the thread. The data is good and the implied connections are right in line with ATSy stuff. Good job on avoiding overt speculation about what it all means.)

Awww thanks....

"Breaking the sound barrier" creates no visible effects.

Unfortumately I have to disagree....

Ever hear of 'Transonic Clouds"?

Its a cool effect that happens when a plane 'breaks' the sound barrier

Going over the sound barrier produces one of the most amazing condensation effects - so called "Prandtl-Glauert Condensation Clouds", formed by the rapid cooling of the air. You have to be really quick with your camera "trigger" to capture it, as it only occurs at the sonic barrier

www.darkroastedblend.com...

An F/A-18 Hornet Fighter Jet, July 7, 1999
United States Navy, Off the Coast of Pusan, Pacific Ocean
Taehan-min'guk, Republic of Korea

An F/A-18F Super Hornet Fighter, July 27, 2005
USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63), United States Navy
Philippine Sea

I have quite a collection
Mostly NAVY of course

Transonic Clouds Page 001
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Transonic Clouds Page 002
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Transonic Clouds Page 003
www.thelivingmoon.com...

02/12/03 B-1B high-speed pass at the Pensacola Beach airshow. The pressure produced by the aircraft's speed caused the water vapor around it to condense into a cloud. Photo by Gregg Stansbery, from www.af.mil...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
This thread was diverted into CONTRAILS when someone used the picture of a doughnut vapor-trail as an illustration of some sort of advanced propulsion.

That would be me... and it was a 'personal' message directed at he who got it
And yawl missed the significance... Oh well no biggy

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
"What EXACTLY are the SPECIFIED roles, duties and missions that these "secret" astronauts and specifically the Navy Space Command WOULD be called on to perform ?"

"What missions and objectives have ALREADY been assigned to, and COMPLETED by, these "secret astronauts" and the Navy Space Command since it's inception ?"

Now that information would be top secret and as such would be treasonable to post...

But I can make some 'guesses' that should be okay

But right now its bed time....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by tauristercus
"What EXACTLY are the SPECIFIED roles, duties and missions that these "secret" astronauts and specifically the Navy Space Command WOULD be called on to perform ?"

"What missions and objectives have ALREADY been assigned to, and COMPLETED by, these "secret astronauts" and the Navy Space Command since it's inception ?"

Now that information would be top secret and as such would be treasonable to post...

But I can make some 'guesses' that should be okay

But right now its bed time....

Why would it be treasonable to post ?
It would ONLY be "treasonable" IF, and ONLY IF, you actually had solid, incontrovertiblly hard evidence in YOUR possession. But if it was top secret, then how did you get your hands on it ?

Irrespective of all the links and images you're showing us, it's still essentially only circumstantially linked "soft" evidence and basically only makes for a fairly "interesting" presentation and associated conjectures.

But you need to get to the "meat and potatoes" of your assertions and present a convincing and documented explanation stating WHY and for WHAT reason Navy Space Command was conceived and implemented and PROVIDE samples of the work/missions already carried out by them.

After all, wasn't the intention of your thread to "highlight" the existance of this clandestine organization ? Then forget lasers, forget contrails and pulse detonation propulsion, forget launch facilities, etc, etc ... just come out with a MISSION STATEMENT for this agency and it's "secret astronaut" cadre.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
So yeah, there is a lot of cool stuff hardware wise on the horizon, but I have yet to see anything convincing that leads me to believe most of this stuff is in current programs.

Aren't you paying attention? There is a quote from "Stargate" taken from wikipedia that backs all of this up. Everyone knows that television shows on the syfy netwerk are real and true, right? I am still loking for the bases on the moon and buildings on mars that Z has gone on and on about so authoritatively.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Just a general FYI, the new replacement shuttles are small and can be dropped from a plane.

Good FYI Zorgon.

Whilst on the topic of the replacement shuttles, perhaps I should take the time to remind everyone of another space plane:

The Black Horse

The Black Horse a winged, single-stage to orbit launch vehicle which utilizes aerial refueling to achieve orbit.

After taking off and reaching the requisite altitude, the Black Horse refuels while in the air, and then rockets to orbit where it deploys its payload and then returns gracefully to the earth. In terms of payload weight; the Black Horse could orbit a 5,000 lb. payload and do it faster, cheaper and better than any other launch system:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dae5219a3977.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e7cc9c3e5ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Space Plane Launched by a Blackstar (based on XB-70) - though many other planes could be used to launch a Black Horse type space plane:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd802c1f0a59.jpg[/atsimg]

In place of a refuelling tanker, the extremely versatile Black Horse is capable of Tandem launches with another spaceplane, and can also be launched from a larger aircraft.

For tandem launches, the plane that is not going into orbit transfers fuel to the space plane which is intended to go into orbit before returning gracefully to the earth.

Consider the case where we have two Black Horse type vehicles, each using JP-5/H2O2 with an Isp of 335 s. The vehicles have a dry weight of 15,000 lb and a propellant load of 180,000 lb, which assuming a required Delta-v to orbit of 27 kft/s, allows them to deliver 1,000 lb to LEO. Now, let's say that we fly the two of them off together, accelerating them jointly not to orbit, but rather to a suborbital trajectory with a velocity of 18.5 kft/ s. The two space planes are now outside the atmosphere, in free fall (i.e. zero gravity) in the immediate vicinity of each other. Let's say we now bring the two together and extend a refueling boom, allowing the 20,000 lb of residual propellant from one to be transferred to the other. The two then separate, the empty vehicle to return to Earth, the enriched vehicle to ascend to orbit with a payload of 12,000 lbs. Without any new hardware, the orbital delivery capability of the system can be increased by a factor of 12.

--www.risacher.org...

The greatest advantage of a manned space planes such as the Black Horse is their flexibility and more importantly cost-effectiveness. This factor will be an influential factor when the new shuttles are being developed developed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89dfba901faa.jpg[/atsimg]

More on the flexibility of manned TAVs such as the Blackhorse:

The biggest advantage of the manned TAV is that it is probably the most flexible platform yet proposed for space operations simply because it is under the continuous control of a human. Given an appropriate design, the manned TAV could be quickly reconfigured to deliver special operations teams, high-value equipment and supplies, or a wide variety of munitions (in much the same fashion as a high-speed bomber).22 Most important of all - the TAV can put a few well-trained people at the site of a developing conflict anywhere on Earth within 60 minutes from launch.
-SpaceCast 202 white Paper Section (H)

Let us put the Blackhorse into Perspective - and get an idea of how big/small it is:

"These Black Horse (1) vehicles, derived from the Question Mark 2 (2) X-vehicle shown in figure 1 and described later in this paper, will be fighter-sized airframes capable of placing an approximately 5,000 pound payload in any low earth orbit (LEO), or delivering a slightly larger payload on a suborbital trajectory to any point in the world. A Black Horse vehicle could accomplish either task within one hour of completion of mission planning, assuming that the payload was available at the base and the vehicles were on alert."
-www.fas.org...

Size Comparisons with the F-16:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/568f0f45f74d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1905b7311c1.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Good post mate very informative keep up the good work.

thanks

Ocker

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

G'day Ex 1

Are you saying it was launched by a B70 Valkyrie years & years ago?

Or, are you saying there has been a B70 Valkryrie flying around in recent times?

Either way, we're getting right out on the edge with this one...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wow!! Amazing stuff and S & F!!

Alot of the info you provided is new to me but I never underestimate the powers that our gov has - EVER!

Thank you for giving me alot of stuff to read over - and I have begun doing just that. The research you have provided has awaken the 'need to know' within me and I really appreciate that.

Best thread to come along in a very long time.............

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Whilst on the topic of the replacement shuttles, perhaps I should take the time to remind everyone of another space plane:

Have you seen the new Orion space craft to replace the shuttle after 2010.
formally known as the Crew Exploration Vehicle.

The new name was originally posted on the website Collectspace.com in July, but NASA had not planned to announce it officially for another week or so, when it names a contractor to build the spacecraft.

International Space Station astronaut Jeff Williams let the name slip out on Tuesday, however, when he was pre-taping a message about the new name that was accidentally transmitted over space-to-ground radio.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

G'day Ex 1

Or, are you saying there has been a B70 Valkryrie flying around in recent times?

It should be easy tell from reading my posts just what it is I said...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Good post.

Star and Flag.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Sam60

G'day Ex 1

It should be easy tell from reading my posts just what it is I said...

Well.....

I just read your post again very carefully & I couldn't ascertain your view of the timeline for the use of the B70 in this case.

OK....so maybe I'm being a bit thick late on a Sunday night, but when do you think the B70 might have been used?

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The SR-3 Blackstar (Proof that secrets can be kept...)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7eeeb737124c.jpg[/atsimg]

In 2006 an article appeared in Aviation week revealing that the U.S.A. had developed a reusable two-stage-two-orbit manned spacecraft in the 1990s it was known as the Blackstar and was based on the XB-70 (Valkyerie). It was flown on many orbital and suborbital missions but was alleged to have been taken out of service in 2005 - Not everyone believes this.

The first stage of the Blackstar system consisted of a Mach 3+ winged air-breathing first stage evidently developed from North American's XB-70 bomber; and an XOV manned eXperimental Orbital Vehicle lifting body second stage. The system was developed by a consortium of US aerospace companies at the behest of an unspecified US government agency.

The system was so classified that it remained unknown to the nation's top military and civilian space planners, while they labored to design, but never developed, an equivalent white-world system. Blackstar was designed to handle numerous missions: strategic reconnaissance; anti-satellite; quick-reaction small satellite launch; and delivery of small conventional warheads.

-www.astronautix.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c821cf3177f.jpg[/atsimg]

Aviation Week Article: Two-Stage-to-Orbit ''Blackstar'' System Shelved at Groom Lake?

For 16 years, Aviation Week & Space Technology has investigated myriad sightings of a two-stage-to-orbit system that could place a small military spaceplane in orbit. Considerable evidence supports the existence of such a highly classified system, and top Pentagon officials have hinted that it's "out there," but iron-clad confirmation that meets AW&ST standards has remained elusive. Now facing the possibility that this innovative "Blackstar" system may have been shelved, we elected to share what we've learned about it with our readers, rather than let an intriguing technological breakthrough vanish into "black world" history, known to only a few insiders. U.S. intelligence agencies may have quietly mothballed a highly classified two-stage-to-orbit spaceplane system designed in the 1980s for reconnaissance, satellite-insertion and, possibly, weapons delivery...

Get the Aviation Week Article Here

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9fc3167e755.jpg[/atsimg]

The SR-3 had the same basic layout and dimensions as the XB-70. It was a completely different aircraft in detail, having variable geometry rather than fixed canards; a blended double-delta wing rather than a straight delta; fixed-upward swept combined wingtips/vertical stabilizers rather than deployable-downward swept wingtips and fixed twin vertical stabilizers; four engines in two nacelles rather than six in a single nacelle. The use of two nacelles had been proven in the North American B-1 design, and would have provided the necessary space for the carriage of the XOV on the belly. The X-15/B-70 concepts had envisioned launch from the back of the B-70, but the loss of an A-12 on 30 July 1966 while launching a Mach 4 D-21 drone had shown this to be dangerous.

-www.astronautix.com...

*To help provide scale, here are the Blackstar and XOV with some dimensions:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96625c347e6a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Exub1, I think what Sam60 is asking is valid. I'd like to include a follow-up to his questions: Why did you use what appeared to be an artist's rendering of a speculative space plane system design?

It's a little like posting these New Space Shuttle! concepts as if they actually exist.

I noticed it kept talking in past-tense, and used the term "shelved". You think it just went deep black?

[edit on 16 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Starred & Flagged, fantastic read, thanks for all the hard work you have put into it Zorgon ( and others)!.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join