It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I was a bit confused on the image. I know that braking the sound barrier causes a halo type vapor trail. Is this image suggesting this?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wonder if that could reach mars

that would be cool!

Hey LSWONE... think this will cook your hot pockets?
But these guys wear WHITE suits

Hot pockets and my pizza!
WE..Uhh...I heard some rooms are being cleared out for new equipment.

My guess is...
White= Operators, Leads, Supervisors, Managers.
Navy= Engineers, Technicians,Test Engineers Etc.
Black= Ninjas!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by LSWONE]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That is one heck of a response!!! Awesome.

I am pretty sure that confirms my suspicions. Almost sounds like it could generate a similar laser to what we have seen in Star Wars. Not in terms of blowing up a planet, but how much would that take?

If you have one of these pointed at your own citizens, they will be more likely to comply, or you can start one hell of an interstellar mess if they choose to point it in the wrong direction.

Just to go back for a second, this guy's (a professional) reaction on Myth Busters almost leads me to believe the tech has at least been researched enough for the idiot to take an obvious joke personally to which the host said "Top Secret, huh?", and he received no reply. Heard of any portable laser technology that could perform at that level?

Perhaps a more compact variant that utilizes the same concept with micro-circuitry allowing for a glowing government death stick. Good fun.

Have you heard any thing like this?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
External pulse wave detonation craft ("wave-rider")

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67b5d48f3a71.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I don't think that there is any doubt that the programs are real.
Zorgon explained it pretty well.

Seems this book explains it also.

So, I guess I'll have to pick up the book!

Thanks for the suggestion.
It is still an outstanding thread, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

No....

It's caused by the pulse wave detonation effect.

I have stacks of info on this, but it's all hard-copy.

I'll see if I can post some info, notwithstanding Zorgon will probably beat me to it!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm not a meteorological expert or anything, but I have seen regular passenger jets leave vapor trails that take on the 'doughnut' appearance after flying over.
I think it has something to do with the atmospheric conditions.

Not saying that we *don't* have some sort of pulse directed propulsion systems in our arsenal. Just that these photos I keep seeing aren't necessarily proof of that.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60notwithstanding Zorgon will probably beat me to it!

Nope go for it... I can't do ALL the work around here...

Originally posted by JayinARJust that these photos I keep seeing aren't necessarily proof of that.

Wasn't for proof... was for getting time and date

Originally posted by LSWONE
Black= Ninjas!

you would need Ninjas to get that pizza back before it was vaporized

[edit on 15-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I'm not a meteorological expert or anything, but I have seen regular passenger jets leave vapor trails that take on the 'doughnut' appearance after flying over.

Not saying that we *don't* have some sort of pulse directed propulsion systems in our arsenal. Just that these photos I keep seeing aren't necessarily proof of that.

Well, that is also true...

I might see if I can post a brief explanation regarding both sides to that argument.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Here is some explanation regarding PWD & the case for & against the contrail "evidence".

Current theoretical operation of a PDWE

Liquid methane or liquid hydrogen is ejected onto the fuselage, where the fuel mist is ignited, possibly by surface heating. The PDWE works by creating a liquid hydrogen detonation inside a specially designed chamber when the aircraft is traveling beyond the speed of sound. When traveling at such speeds, a thrust wall (the aircraft is traveling so fast that molecules in the air are rapidly pushed aside near the nose of the aircraft which in essence becomes a wall) is created in front of the aircraft. When the detonation takes place, the airplane's thrust wall is pushed forward. This process is continually repeated to propel the aircraft. From the ground the jet stream looks like "donuts-on-a-rope".

Quoted below is a small description of how a PDWE would accelerate a vehicle towards the hypersonic regime.

"...use a shock wave created in a detonation - an explosion that propagates supersonically- to compress a fuel-oxidizer mixture prior to combustion, similar to supersonic inlets that make use of external and internal shock wave for pressurization."

Not much is known about Pulse Detonation Wave technology, but there have been quite a few reports and sightings of mysterious aircraft using propulsion technology unlike any heard or seen before.

On February 25, 26, and 27, 1992, there were night-time sightings of an unknown aircraft with a "diamond-pattern" of lights at Beale Air Force Base, which was thought to be the Aurora aircraft. The aircraft had a distinctive engine noise, described as "a very, very low rumble, like air rushing through a big tube." On the night of February 26, what was thought to be a ground test of Aurora's propulsion systems took place. A series of "booms" was heard and described as similiar to "artillery fire" and "deep bass notes, not like sonic booms." It was thought these were "light-off" tests of the engines. It was speculated that the aircraft was using Pulse Detonation Wave Engines. The noise and low frequency would, it was said, be consistent with PDWE technology.

It has also been noted that despite the famous "Donuts-on-a-rope" air contrails not being consistent with Aurora's propulsion system, theses contrails can be produced by a PDWE operating outside of its specified parameters.

Interpreting known information

Although the observations recorded of vehicles with an unusual trailing contrail and noise are intriguing, they are also difficult to reconcile with one another. While many observers agree on the unusual sounds created by these vehicles, a range of descriptions are provided as to the nature of these sounds. The pulsating tone emanating from these sightings has been taken as an indication of the use of some form of pulse detonation wave engine. Some observers report a characteristic frequency as high as 60 Hertz, while others suggest a frequency as low as 1 Hertz.

But a technical analysis of pulse detonation wave engines suggests that engines operating at the thrust levels associated with military aircraft would operate between 100 and 200 Hertz (pulses per second). While doppler shifting may reconcile this value with the reported 50-60 Hertz pulsation, it is more difficult to reconcile this with the reports of a 1 Hertz pulsation.

It is also difficult to reconcile a pulse rate of 100-200 Hertz with the observed donut-on-a-rope contrails. The association of these contrails with a PDWE would seem to be predicated on the observation that each "donut" is a product of a single pulse detonation. Based on published photographs, the "donuts" appear to be approximately 100 meters apart. Assuming a detonation pulse rate of 100 Hertz, this would imply a velocity of 10 kilometers per second, roughly Mach 36 which is 1½ times orbital velocity. While it is asserted that the Aurora spyplane is a high-speed vehicle, this is at least four times faster than the speeds normally associated with this aircraft.

In addition, a closer examination of the published photographs reveals a significant irregularity in the spacing between the donuts on the rope. This would seem to be inconsistent with the normal functioning of a pulse detonation wave engine.

members.fortunecity.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here is an artist's impression of a pulse wave detonation engine:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89984822b080.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a previous ATS thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope I haven't veered off topic.....

However, I am interested in how this links into the whole Navy space program.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Actually, "donut on a rope" contrails are unrelated to the propulsion system of the aircraft, they are an aerodynamic effect. Due to an effect known as Crow Instability, the wingtip vortices of the aircraft interact with each other producing a series of vortex rings in the wake of the plane. Contrails become entrained in the rings forming a series of donuts.

When the contrails are visible and strong, it is possible to see the white streaks become wavy and then leave rings floating high in the sky, like smoke rings from a giant cigar.
www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

"Breaking the sound barrier" creates no visible effects. In fact the term is archaic. There is no barrier and nothing breaks. Perhaps you are referring to the phenomenon known as a Prandtl-Glauert condensation cloud. This is an effect created by the rapid compression and decompression of air and can occur at speeds much lower than the speed of sound.

Another misconception about supersonic flight is that a sonic boom occurs when the "sound barrier is broken". Any time an object is flying faster than the speed of sound it creates a shock wave. That shock wave travels with the object. When the shock wave passes over an object (or observer) a sonic boom is experienced. The sonic boom is not created at the instant the object exceeds the speed of sound, it is a continuous phenomenon.

(BTW Zorgon; flagged the thread. The data is good and the implied connections are right in line with ATSy stuff. Good job on avoiding overt speculation about what it all means.)

[edit on 8/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Sam60

Actually, "donut on a rope" contrails are unrelated to the propulsion system of the aircraft, they are an aerodynamic effect. Due to an effect known as Crow Instability, the wingtip vortices of the aircraft interact with each other producing a series of vortex rings in the wake of the plane. Contrails become entrained in the rings forming a series of donuts.

When the contrails are visible and strong, it is possible to see the white streaks become wavy and then leave rings floating high in the sky, like smoke rings from a giant cigar.
www.scientificamerican.com...

It's nice to see you on the thread, Phage

I understand the principle you are describing & if memory serves me correctly, the winglets that are now utilised on 747's, etc... are designed to minimise that turbulence. (Or, am I confusing 2 different issues?)

In order to be clear regarding the contrails:

Are you saying this.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f16883883a8c.jpg[/atsimg]

.......is the same as this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a97ea0c82d1.jpg[/atsimg]

i.e. the 2 pictures show the same thing, but from 2 different angles...?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Chadwickus

Oh come on, please...a sonic boom means more than a sound?

What is that supposed to mean? Is HAARP creating sonic booms too is it?

Zorgon, did you miss my questions regarding the oil rigs and old air bases on page one?

Well, what is your intention to get me riled up on chemtrails and HAARP. Did I say the word HAARP on this thread? I dont recall doing that.

Are you suggesting a sonic boom is only a noise "BOOM" You guys love to flock together but this one is easier to proove than chemtrails but since you brought it up read the 7th grade school text book by William Thomas volune 4. 7th graders no more about the subject than we do. It's also taught in German schools.

Back to the topic to help educate you a bit read this.

What is a Sonic Boom?

Sonic boom is an impulsive noise similar to thunder. It is caused by an object moving faster than sound, about 750 miles per hour at sea level. An aircraft traveling through the atmosphere continuously produces air-pressure waves similar to the water waves caused by a ship's bow. When the aircraft exceeds the speed of sound, these pressure waves combine and form shock waves which travel forward from the generation or "release" point.

As an aircraft flies at supersonic speeds it is continually generating shock waves, dropping sonic boom along its flight path, similar to someone dropping objects from a moving vehicle. From the perspective of the aircraft, the boom appears to be swept backwards as it travels awayfrom the aircraft. If the plane makes a sharp turn or pulls up, the boom will hit the ground in front of the aircraft./ex]

The sound heard on the ground as a "sonic boom" is the sudden onset and release of pressure after the buildup by the shock wave or "peak overpressure." The change in pressure caused by sonic boom is only a few pounds per square foot, about the same pressure change we experience on an elevator as it descends two or three floors, in a much shorter time period. It is the magnitude of this peak overpressure that describes a sonic boom.

www.sky-flash.com...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Mars Record.
Bacically about a Non-Terrestrial Navy Officer who helps the Navy on Mars while do PsyOps work there. Interesting read at least, though a bit fear based at times with the Psychotronics this guy endures

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Like I said, I don't think that the doughnut contrails indicate any sort of pulse directed propulsion system.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"Breaking the sound barrier" creates no visible effects.

Maybe not at ground level. Your better at weather than this issue. Wow!

I’m surprised by your mention of contrails, especially knowing your views.

Are you diverting this thread from Navy Space Command to contrails VS chemtrails?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

This thread was diverted into CONTRAILS when someone used the picture of a doughnut vapor-trail as an illustration of some sort of advanced propulsion.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A NAVY officer took this image but there are hundreds more.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Another

wilk4.com...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by wonderworld]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join