It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Hey,
Bear with me for a second, but did any of you here have the chance to see the episode of Mythbusters "House of Popcorn" where the team tries to pop popcorn with explosions, then turns to lasers?

Well, the three (secondary hosts) were seeing if it was possible to duplicate a MW laser from a military airplane from the movie Real Genius. They contacted a contractor for laser technology who professed that the military had nowhere near the capacity for one with that kind of power (which is 100x [or is it 1000x?] what is being discussed). Then, jokingly one of the hosts asked the guy if there were going to be light sabers in the near future.

Instead of laughing as most people presumably would do, he fell dead silent and literally glared at him! On camera! If someone has the ability to post a snippet of this episode (I don't even know the episode number), I think it gives a glimpse as to how far the deceit goes.

It just seems like there is a connection here, and I sincerely apologize for not having the clip (I can't edit the darn clip anyways), but his reactions to a stupid question and his laser output information seem suspect. All on syndicated television.

Peace!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
*Double Post*

[edit on 15-8-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advancedboy

Yes... all the way back to Admiral Byrd

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
definite s+f. It amazes me how we are left in the dark purposly... The line must be drawn and the people must awaken to certain and possible probablilities. Why is it that they use fear to try to manipulate the masses? If their intentions were good, it would all be public knowledge and we would be way ahead right now... The simple carpenter could potentialy have an idea that would revolutionize the whole situation.. Keep up the good work.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Grossac]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Some of these Navy carriers are large enough for more than one runway.

Flat Tops that are secret?? Bigger than the USS Ronald Reagan? THAT, I gotta see!!!

Dont let weedwhacker know or he'll come after me...

Too late!!
I'm everywhere --- bwaa haa haa *cough, cough*...sputter.

Z, mein guter Herr. gute Arbeit!

I was most interested in the possiblity mentioned of STS launches from Vandenberg (plans cancelled after the Challenger tragedy).

Polar orbits?? Retro-grade?? Ask, 'cause where would they have dropped the SRBs and tank
( And, as much as I'd like the answer to be Texas, don't say Texas!
)

Apologies if it's already in one of those linky thingies, still picking through them. PS -- ankle deep, now.

[edit on 15 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That’s a good point. I have an aunt and uncle who both retired from TRW in L.A; although they said they built satellites.

There are many Aerospace divisions. It’s hard saying what secrets they are up to. A lot has changed since the early 90’s.

I think they left one out. “Ford Aerospace” Many don’t add this up.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHMThey contacted a contractor for laser technology who professed that the military had nowhere near the capacity for one with that kind of power

Two words...

Shiva - ancient Vedic God of power
Nova - exploding sun

Shiva Nova Laser - Creating a Miniature Star on Earth

www.thelivingmoon.com...

The key point is the first beams was already operational in 1973 and they just now made this project public
That about fits that 20 year or more time span I was talking about... the good stuff is more like 30... like this one

Caption
From 1973 to 1977, the Laboratory built four laser systems: (a) the one-beam Cyclops; (b) the one- and two-beam Janus system, which is still in use; (c) the two-beam Argus; and (d) the 20-beam Shiva. Each new laser provided more power and better control over the target-irradiation conditions as well as produced higher temperatures and greater compression and density in the deuterium–tritium fuel than its predecessor.

192 laser beams will deliver 1.8 megajoules (500 terawatts)

Wonder if that could reach mars

Hey LSWONE... think this will cook your hot pockets?
But these guys wear WHITE suits

What the neglected to mention in the press release was this...

Excerpt...

When the United States ceased nuclear testing, laser facilities became even more important for defense research, and the portion of Nova shots dedicated to the weapons program increased considerably. Researchers using Nova continued obtaining high-energy-density data necessary to validate the computer codes used to model nuclear weapons physics.

SHIVA NOVA

[edit on 15-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I was most interested in the possiblity mentioned of STS launches from Vandenberg (plans cancelled after the Challenger tragedy).

Yeam me too... they actually delivered it once... but a shuttle launch from Vandenberg would be noticed

But it was interesting that they have the capability. Other launches become common place. The news don't care unless there is a problem, or a no news day and the public says "cool looky the rocket" but who knows whats in them

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hey weedwhacker, what's up?

I never said the Vessles were a secret and I checked twice. I said we dont know what secrets go on way out in the ocean.

The only secrecy I may have mentioned is what may go on behind closed doors ar TRW.

If they can build an oil rig they can launch a space mission. The Navy would be a logical method of transport and secrecy.

I also never mentioned their size.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
definite s+f. It amazes me how we are left in the dark purposly... The line must be drawn and the people must awaken to certain and possible probablilities. Why is it that they use fear to try to manipulate the masses? If their intentions were good, it would all be public knowledge and we would be way ahead right now... The simple carpenter could potentialy have an idea that would revolutionize the whole situation.. Keep up the good work.

Same here....They never disclose a mission until it is retired, yet many are never disclosed.

This would require UN approval. For all we know Russia has a 5 star Hotel/space station up there. We've tapped the Earths resources, like the saying goes “The Moon is the last Frontier”

I agree we should know. There are several reasons I can think of for not disclosing. One is punching a hole through the atmosphere, including the ionosphere. Very bad.

Sonic booms mean more than a sound. Most dont know that.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow Zorgon! you have been on a roll the past few months with your amazing threads! This one will take me at least a week to digest. What little I have read and watched is simply astounding and informative. Great thread
Starred and flagged and checked as favorite from me.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I also never mentioned their size.

Just a general FYI, the new replacement shuttles are small and can be dropped from a plane

Shoot the FOX dude but listen carefully to the NASA dude (when he gets to talk)

NASA Blackswift Hypersonic Scramjet or HTV-3X

www.dailymotion.com...

Here is the transcript...

Transcript of Video
by Beth Vegh, Pegasus

One day Air Force pilots will blast off from US bases and reach their targets, flying six times the speed of sound. The Air Force just completing a successful test flight that can make this simulation a reality. It's an experimental plane using a new engine that not only burns its fuel but it blows itself up for greater propulsion.

NASA analyst, aviation consultant, Ken Christiansen my guest now.

Reporter (Bill): Ken, good morning.
Ken: Mornin' Bill
Bill: In english now, not in science talk,
Ken: (chuckles)
Bill: How does it work?
Ken: Very, very complicated. Ah, basically ah, as we transcended from one area to another, from jets to uh, scramjets and rockets, this is more of an explosion within the combustion chamber. A series of very small explosions or large explosions but pulse up to maybe a thousand a second and that will, just like the jetson cars that accelerated you would hear the pulsing umm..much like that.
Bill: Check that out. You see that go off the runway?
Lady in background: hmph
Bill: It was gone. What would this do for aviation, Ken? If we can do it succesfully?
Ken: I think as you go through the uh different technologies, what what really, this is gonna be an enabler to go in the Mach V to Mach X regime
Bill: Which is how fast?
Ken: Ah, very fast.
Bill: That three thousand miles an hour, what is that?
Ken: About three thousand um, you're talking about 2300 miles at Mach 3, so, just under, just under 10,000, within that range.
Bill: So you can take off, you can take off from a runway -- let me be sure I get this right -- fly it at six times the speed of sound and then come back home again?
Ken: Yes, much like the shuttle. The shuttle goes up and comes back as an orbiter. This vehicle would actually be able to take off from a runway or maybe uh a modified launch pad and then return like an aircraft.
Bill: How, how does a human being stand that ...at six times the speed of sound? What, what, what would that feel like?
Ken: It's, it'll be gradual. A human can't that immediate uh, acceleration, so much like the space shuttle, the existing space shuttle, the accelerate from, or they leave the pad at zero and then go up to 17,500 miles an hour to reach orbital velocity. To go into uh, into space, but that's a gradual. In the shuttle's situation it takes about 9, 9 and a half minutes to uh to accelerate to that speed.
Bill: You need the, the equipment to be able to stand it too. How, if if it could be done, what would it cost?
Ken: Uh, that's TBD at this point. The monies that I uh read about on the, when I researched this item, um, it's it's in the millions but this will clearly go into the billions as this, as this is developed. Air Force has been doing it. Darpas been doing it. Um NASA, uh Dryden Flight Research Center in the uh, does it.
Bill: Yeah uh everyone does it yeah. Wonder what Wilbur and Orville are thinking about this right now. (laughs) uh huh, cool.
Lady in background: (laughs)
Bill: Thank you, Ken. Ken Christiansen. The future, someday.
Ken: You're welcome, Bill
Lady in background: 10,000 miles an hour
Bill: (whistles)
Lady: That's NY to LA in 20 minutes (snaps her fingers). How'd you like that? I'm in.
Bill: I like it!
Lady: Even me. Even I'd get on that flight.

Um NASA, uh Dryden Flight Research Center in the uh, does it.

So maybe LSWONE can tell us what day he took this photo?

My bad

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Oh come on, please...a sonic boom means more than a sound?

What is that supposed to mean? Is HAARP creating sonic booms too is it?

Zorgon, did you miss my questions regarding the oil rigs and old air bases on page one?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Page 1?
Must have... lemme go look

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac

Same here....They never disclose a mission until it is retired, yet many are never disclosed.

This would require UN approval. For all we know Russia has a 5 star Hotel/space station up there. We've tapped the Earths resources, like the saying goes “The Moon is the last Frontier”

I agree we should know. There are several reasons I can think of for not disclosing. One is punching a hole through the atmosphere, including the ionosphere. Very bad.

Sonic booms mean more than a sound. Most dont know that.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by wonderworld]

It's all waves but so little do we understand what they mean... I've heard, not sure where but, lound noised are actually damaging us. I think it was a book from Michel Dumarquet called abduction to the 9th planet. Can you elaborate on your sonic boom info?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I like the concept of the sea launch platform. I notice the radar platform you mentioned is an (old?) oil platform, that may be a good way to find a similar launch platform by finding out what happens to oil platforms when they're no longer needed.

Oil platforms....

Sea Launch going through the Suez Canal

Is there an oil rig data base?
Hey I is but one
but yeah... thought about that

National Space Agency of the Ukraine PARTNER
www.nkau.gov.ua...

Boeing Sea Launch home page PARTNER
www.boeing.com...

Launch countdown in Russsian and English

Another question and I think you've touched on this before is the old runways and military bases on small islands in the middle of the pacific. Do you believe there's anything going on with these facilities still?

We all know about Kwajalien Atoll, Marshall Islands right?

It is run by these guys... the same guys who run Redstone Arsenal, the same guys who brought the NAZI scientists to the USA. Von Braun worked for them before he went to NASA building ICBM's

Ronald Regan Balistic Missile Defense Test Site

Now on Kwajalein's official website there are two bits of info...

First the banner...

NASA space operations...

www.smdc.army.mil...

Second we see this... under 'base operations'

Wake Island, located 1,100 kilometers north of the Kwajalein Atoll, is a functional adjunct to RTS, providing a launch site for intermediate range NMD and TMD target missiles. Program requirements, mission planning and implementation, and logistics support are coordinated through the Reagan Test Site.

www.smdc.army.mil...

There is also a reference somewhere to activities on Johnston Atoll... I have to find it again...

BUT if you google over to Wake Island and Johnston Atoll you will see nothing. John used to stop over at Wake Island. Even a google search will lead you astray

The Mystery of Wake Island
+6° 22' 58.91", -162° 21' 46.78"

Here is my collection Looks deserted and stripped with many redacted islands

WAKE ISLAND

Johnston Atoll

Again. looks totally stripped and deserted... yet RTS says they have operations at these places Hmmmm

JOHNSTON ATOLL

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow, thanks for all that info. Flying six times the speed of sound isnt so far fetched. It could probably go that fast from transonic to supersonic speed. The speaker in your post said it could fly 3000 mph.

Think back to the SR71 Blackbird they made in the 60's. Unreal, yet we didnt learn of it until it retired. The blackbird traveled 2000 mph back then.

I'd like to see that go through the sound barrier!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

They actually had one in Trinidad, in the West Indies in the 80's. That was top secret for years. It still might be?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The premise of this thread proves to be really disappointing. First, the video is for viewers of about a first-year college level. It has some educational value, but the only portion important to the argument offered is the naval logo at the very beginning, and that is meaningless when you consider that it is merely a patch of a part of a part of a system.

Anyone that has read Military Space Forces: The Next 50 Years, by John M. Collins and commissioned by the US Congress can find on page 76 the organization chart and time line for the evolution of the US military space commands. Step I was Sept. 1, 1982, with the creation of the Air Force Space Command. It was composed of three wings. The first wing was for Surveilliance and Warning. The second wing consisted of an Op Center and Satellite Control. The third wing was Support.

Step II ocurred October 1, 1983. It was the beginning of the Naval Space Command. It consisted of an Astronautics Group (producers of that video?) that dealt with Navigation and A Space Surveillance System consisting of Surveillance and Communications components.

Step III was instituted in Sept. 23, 1985 under the new name of US Space Command with the two major components of the Air Force and the Navy joined. The Air Force was responsible for Satellite Control, Surveillance and Warning. The Navy's responsibilities were, as formerly, Navigation Surveillance and Communications.

Step IV followed on April 7, 1988.with the Army being included. Its part to play was to join into the Communications aspect.

Understand the big picture. The Air Force as we know it and the Navy as we know it are totally obsolute! When advanced weapons such as lasers and kinetic rail guns are positioned in space in significant numbers, anything that moves in a threatening manner of the surface of the planet or in the air is subject to rapid and quick annihilation. (And drones controlled from space will do the close-in dirty work.)

The book pays lip service to the Space Treaty on one page. That piece of paper is a joke. Page one of this book sets the record straight about how the US has approached space warfare:

"Who rules circumterrestrial space commands Planet Earth;
Who rules the moon commands circumterrestrial space;
Who rules L4 and L5 commands the Earth-Moon System."

Of course, all of our services are involved in this conversion because the US Space Force's mission encompasses all of their heretofore seperate--now obsolete--missions. Forget conventional battleships, bombers and even troop delivery systems.

The US Space Force is not just a pipe dream or a theoretical someday outfit that will be lavished with public money. It is here and now and those black triangles are part of that package. Where else to you think those trillions of missing Pentagon funds went?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There was also a possible pulse wave detonation contrail photographed by satellite.

I'll see if I can find it.

I also wonder happened to that other "external" PWD propulsion system:

- The air around the craft was superheated by a surrounding plasma
- The fuel was ejected to the trailing surface of the plane
- The fuel detonated externally
- The plasma field facilitated advanced air-flow & stealth capabilities

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Sam60]

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Sam60]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join