It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Cool stuff guys but lets keep this one to NAVY hardware

I will have more to add in a few days

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Lets see some new U.S. Navy hardware for the nuclear aircraft carriers.
( Laser System that shoots Mach 3 Russian antiship missiles)
Great article in Popular Mechanics this month. Wow!
The current CIWS is a joke. The range is too limited.
China is becoming a threat to Taiwan.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Eurisko2012 because: misspelled word in the post

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Lets see some new U.S. Navy hardware for the nuclear aircraft carriers.

Well sure but they are not space ships

Amphibious Assault Ships - LHA/LHD/LHA(R)

The largest of all amphibious warfare ships; resembles a small aircraft carrier; capable of Vertical/Short Take-Off and Landing (V/STOL), Short Take-Off Vertical Landing (STOVL), Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) tilt-rotor and Rotary Wing (RW) aircraft operations; contains a well deck to support use of Landing Craft, Air Cushioned (LCAC) and other watercraft (with exception of the first two LHA(R) class ships, LHA 6 and LHA 7, which have no well deck).

WARNING: You must accept the certificate exception as this is a secure site. Won't say it will work outside the USA... have no way to check
But lots of news on ships weapons and costs

acquisition.navy.mil...

Here is an old one (2004) DDG 1000

A lot of stuff 'not announced' yet

General Characteristics, Zumwalt Class: Displacement, tons: 14,564 Dimensions, feet (meters): 600.0 x 79.0 x 28.0 (182.8 x 24.1 x 8.5) Main machinery: Integrated Power System (IPS); 2 Main Turbine Generators (MTG); 2 Auxiliary Turbine Generators (ATG); 2 propulsion motors; 97,625 hp (72.8 MW); 2 shafts Speed, knots: 30 Range, n miles: To be announced Complement: 142 Missiles: 80 VLS cells. SLCM: Tactical Tomahawk. SAM: Standard SM-2 and Evolved Sea Sparrow. A/S: Vertical launched ASROC. Guns: 2-155 mm advanced gun systems capable of firing Long Range Land Attack Projectiles (LRLAP) at ranges up to 83 n miles. 2-57 mm close-in guns. Torpedoes: To be announced. Countermeasures: To be announced. Combat data systems: To be announced. Weapons control: To be announced. Radars: Air/surface search: Dual Band Radar (DBR); Raytheon SPY-3; phased arrays; 3D; E/F/I-band. Navigation: To be announced. Sonars: Hull mounted and towed arrays. Helicopters: 1 MH-60R and 3 UAVs.

edit on 4-12-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Raytheon has one.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Put the lasers on all the ships or this could really happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

They may already be on them.

Tactical High Energy Lasers are already a proven technology.

Mach 6 hypersonic anti ship missiles can't outrun the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Dog gone it.

I was looking for things I knew about to share with you, Zorgon, but everything I knew is ruins:

COMNAVSPACSFNS

Grrrr. I'm sounding like my Dad. It's all gone, but I still got my hair.

Your threads rock.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Nice slide show
Did you take those pictures? Damn we might have bumped into each other

Your not one of these two are you?

That is the USS Enterprise off in the distance. She was supposed to dock that day, but didn't and I had a plane to catch

Its a rainy day... must have been close. I forget the month I was there... but Sea Shadow was behind the Hornet and those two guys were taking the pics for the public release

This is from the launch access on the Hornet

So where did all the NAVY guys go
Maybe they abandoned the places to move into space on that fleet, or into those deep undersea bases

edit on 11-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Those pictures are pretty awesome! My grandmother lived in the Hunters-Point Naval base during WWII where my great-grandfather had a top secret clearance and something about A or AAA certification on the clearance. I'm not to in the know about clearances, sorry. But I can tell you that he worked in the RAD Lab on the base from the beginning of the war till its end. There's a story that he and some buddies stole a Beagle mom and pups out of the labs. After the war, but still at the same base, he assisted in the "clean-up" of the ships that were used in the atomic tests in the Bikini Atoll where one can start to see why the San Francisco Bay is so polluted. Since the ships were fully stocked (animals included) they tossed everything over the ship into the Bay along with all the paint that was chipped off.

Around the beginning to middle of the Vietnam War he was assisting in some super secret underwater explosive detonations in the South Bay by San Jose. We were never told what was really going on there (he had to take it to his grave) but from what tiny little my parents and grandparents could infer, it had something to do with tactical nukes. But that's purely speculation.

Sorry if I veered off topic a bit but I couldn't help when I saw your link.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nice thread Zorgon. I worked on or with a number of things you mention here. I may have to give all pages a closer look as after a time I jumped to the end of the thread.

I retired from NAWC Wpns Div in 2006 with final eight years or more of my career on San Nicolas Island, "where the rubber meets the road" as one of our visiting admirals once put it. Seeing how quickly things develop and advance many of the things I had my hands in are now "old stuff" and I have missed out on being involved in the latest and greatest of the past five years.

Any more I am just concerned about making a better pizza dough and whipping up some new fusion food concoctions but I do kind of miss "the life." I spend some quiet moments in contemplation at our local pyramid site where I have retired to reflecting on man's history thinking of the projects and operations I was involved in and contrasting the pyramid I would be sitting on while overlooking Lake Pátzcuaro.

A lot of the acronyms have changed over time and I don't recall or know what many things are called now. It took me several years to get used to Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Divisions as my group after many years as Pacific Missile Test Center. I had been involved there since the 70's myself and earlier since the 1950's when my mother worked for the Pacific Missile Range and Naval Missile Center and later on a project that became Naval Astronautics Group that developed the first navigational satellites, so it has been in my blood since childhood.

I'll come out and say I never saw any ET peeps I was aware of but I have been involved in many sensitive projects and operations I need to step lightly about, though much of it is now unclassified and available for public consumption. I know I have become jaded over time as many things I took for granted I have at times been surprised that many have been in shock and awe over and have had many misconceptions about. Much of it I can speak freely about though would have to leave out some specific details regarding specific instances - no launch pad mishap gossip, if you know what I mean.

Some of the old stuff is still around. Decades ago in the desert around China Lake some engineers get the idea from the local sidewinder pit viper rattle snake and its infra-red vision then used the idea for missile target acquisition. It's still in regular use. Some things don't change but just get better over time.

Yeah, I miss those things that go fast, make a lot of noise, hit direct, and break records but I'm also just happy to hit the greenja and take life easy. All I can say for myself after all this is, What a long, strange trip it's been.

edit on 31-12-2010 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2010 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Meanwhile, somewhere near San Nicolas Island...

Note the branches included. Cool Patch!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wonder if NAVY Space Command has a triangle-ship named "Enterprise" (or "Galileo" - if small sized) yet?

I hope NASA's crew-assist Robonaut (when complete) is picked up for use on NSC's triangle ships.

edit on 1/15/2011 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Zorgon I really love your thread it's so interesting.

I have a question for you. Does the Office of Naval Intelligence actually perform black ops research. Isn't ONI the most secretive of all the branches of the military.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
I have a question for you. Does the Office of Naval Intelligence actually perform black ops research. Isn't ONI the most secretive of all the branches of the military.

Well as far as I know all the research is channeled trough NRL (Naval Research laboratory) but these days its all so mixed up with private contractors it is hard to know who does what. They use the private contractors because Congress cannot snoop into what they are doing

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Kinetic Energy Interceptors: Surface Navy

NAVY and Star Wars

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Attention Crew,we are tilting the earth from degrees 23(chaos number) towards degrees 11 ( number 1 and 1> the 2 pillars ) and shifting the top crust as a gyroscope over the earths inner core .No smoking yet and remain in your seats until the red light goes off .We are using the gravitational negative repellation of the other 8 planets which are now on the other side of the galaxy .Tesla technology is being utilized during this flight so we warn all crew members to keep their arms and legs close to them.We don't want another Philadelphia incident of conFUSED personnel. The new rotation toward the 11 degree tilt will soften the seasons,refreeze the poles,and stabilize the weather after a short(pardon the pun)shaky transitional period.All crew members are slowly being released from the halodeck of USS Disney aka MICKEY MOUSE> Military Industrial Complex Kidnapping Everyone's Y to (I)deas , MOUSE>Military Operatives Using Scalar Electronics from D.U.M.B.Operations.Because of the reverse polarity phenomena activities of the former mind controllers/handlers have been terminated.Welcome back, At ease,and enjoy your liberties.B.E.A.S.T.establish the coarse from Pluto>(Plato) to go beyond Polaris>(the pillar of Hercules) and remain in orbit around star atlsis>(Atlantis) until further orders from NSC ....thank you B.E.A.S.T. (bio electronic automated synthetic technology)computer, that is all for now.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Good thread with tonnes of information. You definitely have a lot of time on hand
or you must be filthy rich

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I am only replying to this thread to put it on myATS.

No post credit expected or warranted. Thnx.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Interesting News

One of my 'Spies' Down Under has been snooping around Pine Gap... you know that non existent top secret space monitoring base we don't have in Australia... yeah that one... Alice Springs

Don't recall if I added the Harold Holt sacred geometry radar site to this thread yet either (will have to go back and look)

Anyway if any of you NAVY dudes and dudettes want a cool billet....

USNAVIODET ALICE SPRINGS is looking for tours. Tell em they told ya about it at ATS

Tenth Fleet

United States Navy Information Operations Detachment Alice Springs

G'Day Mates!
Assignment to NIOD Alice Springs offers a tremendous opportunity for a challenging and rewarding tour coupled with a truely unique chance to learn about another culture. While the work is demanding, there is plenty of time for exploring the "Land Down Under" and enjoying the Aussie way

TOP 5 REASONS TO MAKE NIOD AS YOUR NEXT TOUR:

* Funded R and R Program
* Free Tuition for Private Schools
* Cutting Edge Work Environment
* Free Bus To/From Work
* Civilian Clothes Uniform

So make your next tour an adventurous and memorable one. Contact your CCC and your Detailer to make it happen.

Undercover in civies...

www.niocmd.navy.mil...

Flash Version
www.niocmd.navy.mil...

"Welcome Aboard" PDF 68 pages detailed report... get it while its hot
www.niocmd.navy.mil...

Dang NAVY is trying to take over the World

Hey if ya sign up, I expect a few 'leaks' sent my way

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Seems NASA is mucking about down there as well... with there usual track record

:shk: