It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Notice how much adjustment the Sea Launch rocket attitude goes through at the earliest stages of the launch.

Remember all the controversy of the Chinese American scientist who sent the Chinese the critical calculations they needed, and were unable to come up with on their own, to succeed at launching large payloads? This was something the scientific community was on board with, by the way. Is there a deeper conspiracy there?

Anyhoo, Nozzle thruster control is the most critical factor in success.

Funny how this Sea Launch program has gotten so little publicity.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow that is freaking cool! I want to work with this program

I thought it was interesting the drone was a black triangle. Just makes me believe more and more the triangles people see are our own. I have leaned more towards this the more I read into it. I don't know if they are reverse tech or if they are our own technology being use to make them, either way they are pretty darn cool.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well remember we said it looks like that was filmed 30 years ago?

author=lunacognita
I laughed at that laser shootdown footage you posted. I know Easynow and I joked about it awhile back too when it first was released, because if you tried to tell me that footage was actually shot 30 years ago, I would say the quality of the footage seems to be from about that era.

Funny you would think that... Looky what I found...

Laser Weapons: March 1972
Popular Science

Although military applications of lasers were kept largely a secret, we published an article that pieced together bits of information to conclude that laser radiation weapons would soon reach perfection. We reported that military researchers had used a laser beam to shoot down a drone. Additionally, the Air Force thought it possible to build a space-based laser system that would guide missiles into targeted countries. Military planners also cooked up a laser defense system, which would disable incoming missiles in just seconds. Just nine years later, however, President Reagan's controversial Strategic Defense Initiative ("Star Wars"
would research lasers as defensive weapons and test concepts for an X-ray laser beam.

www.popsci.com...

Read the full story in "Laser Weapons -- How Close Are We?"

38 years ago

edit on 13-9-2010 by zorgon because: ........................ no

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I just discovered this thread

What an awesome discovery, would be cool if it all turned out to be true. Good to see you back Zorgon

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
One Question that has been asked of Gary McKinnon when he saw the ships... "What where their names?" He couldn't remember DOH

I for one would have loved to have a name or two to search for...

(note: A little sci-fi mixed in here as its relevant)

But lets look at something here... Navy Tradition

ENTERPRISE

USS Enterprise (1775) armed sloop (18 May 1775 – 7 July 1777), the first American ship to bear the name served on Lake Champlain

USS Enterprise (1776) schooner (20 December 1776 – February 1777), the second American ship to bear this name served on Chesapeake Bay during the Revolutionary War.

USS Enterprise (1799) 12-gun schooner / 14-gun brig
USS Enterprise (1831) 10-gun schooner
USS Enterprise (1874) barque-rigged screw sloop
USS Enterprise (SP-790) motor yacht
USS Enterprise (CV-6) Yorktown-class aircraft carrier
USS Enterprise (CVN-65) Enterprise-class aircraft carrier

U.S. Navy building: USS Enterprise (BLDG 7115), commissioned building
Space Shuttle Enterprise (OV-101), the first Space Shuttle Orbiter

USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) Constitution class (2245–2285) from the original Star Trek series, the first three films and 2009's Star Trek.

CONSTELLATION

US Frigate Constellation (1797-1853)
US Sloop-of-War Constellation (1854-1955)
USS Constellation CV-64 (1960-2003)

The Constellation-class starship was a type of Federation cruiser employed by Starfleet from the late 23rd century through the mid-24th century.

PROMETHEUS

USS Prometheus (Repair Ship No. 2) (1914 - 1920)
USS Prometheus (AR-3)
Prometheus Battlestar Galactic original series
USS Prometheus - Memory Alpha, Star Trek
USS Prometheus Stargate SG1

You get the idea? TRADITION...

The funny thing is that the USS Prometheus Stargate SG1 has an interesting note that is in the recruitment flier of US Space Command

In the Air Force Space Commands Press Release... After the point of contact... there is an interesting reference...

History

Missile warning and space operations were combined to form Air Force Space Command in 1982. During the Cold War, space operations focused on missile warning, and command and control for national leadership. In 1991, Operation Desert Storm provided emphasis for the command's new focus on support to the warfighter. ICBM forces were merged into AFSPC in 1993.

Point of contact

Air Force Space Command
Public Affairs Office
150 Vandenberg St., Suite 1105
Peterson AFB, CO 80914-4500

(719) 554-3731 or DSN 692-3731

In Popular Culture

In the popular TV series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, the Stargate Program is run by the Air Force Space Command. The AF Space Command Patch was worn on the uniform of personnel aboard the Prometheus, Earth's first operational deep space battle cruiser.

In the company credits for the TV Series we find some very interesting references...

Other Companies

* Act One Script Clearance Inc. script research
* David Cowan Enterprises Inc. computer engineering
* Department of the Air Force we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of
* Energy Film stock footage
* Gastown Post and Transfer post-production services
* Rainmaker Digital Pictures post-production services
* Sharpe Sound Studios Inc. re-recorded by
* Stargate SG-1 Productions Limited Partnership production services provided by
* U.S. Department of Defense we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of
* U.S. Space Command we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of

www.imdb.com...

While it is true that the Air Force "may" be there simply to advise on USAF tech, procedure and uniforms, etc. and while it is true that Stargate SG-1 makes the Air force look like super heroes saving the Galaxy...The addition of the other two departments is at least extremely note worthy!

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, richard dean anderson was made an honorary brigadier generalby the air force chief of staff

Just in case anyone is interested, here is Richard Dean Anderson at the Pentagon in 2004 being honoured by the USAF.

In the below photo we can see General John Jumper giving Anderson the honourary General stars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now all this is just too much coincidence I don't believe in coincidences

Here is the PROMETHEUS

So in looking for Secret Navy Spaceships... those are some names I would look for

edit on 13-9-2010 by zorgon because: ........................ no

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

author=gigas
ENTERPRISE: would be a name mankind would label a noted achievment into the stars.

You could be right...

All info comes by following the RIGHT search terms so we have a few new ones to trace

NSSA - Navy Space Systems Activity (The NAVY NASA?
)

that leads to... NAVSPASYSACT the NAVY document code for NSSA that was 1992

Now in 1997 that was changed to SSC
SSC San Diego - Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)

All this Space Activity comes down to San Diego. On my camping trip to the Middle Ages (yes I really do wear a crown
) I ran into some people in the NAVY and even one DARPA connection. They 'hinted' that I would find the NAVY Sea Launch platform I have been searching for in San Diego No luck yet and no pictures yet but I did find this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c39cacb56aa.jpg[/atsimg]

A high speed stable platform... its a start... and the NAVY gets all the cool toys

Here is a history chart

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cf937db7420.gif[/atsimg]

www.spawar.navy.mil...

Now the kicker... here is the .mil url to that base in San Diego

enterprise.spawar.navy.mil

enterprise.spawar.navy.mil...

Of course the PUBLIC access portal is here

www.public.navy.mil...

edit on 13-9-2010 by zorgon because: Lalalalalalalal La

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some interesting quotes

Definition of Cadre:
a nucleus or core group especially of trained personnel able to assume control and to train others;

2. Developing and maintaining a sufficient cadre of space-qualified personnel to support the Navy in space planning, programming, budgeting and execution, acquisition, and operations, and represent the Navy in DOD-wide planning, programming, and acquisition activities.

4. Coordinating with the Director of Naval Education and Training (CNO N00T), CNO N6/N7, PEO Space Systems and Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command Space Field Activity (SSFA) for Space Cadre development and requirements.

4. Advising CNO (N6/N7) in the development of a Navy ISR strategy that fully leverages space-based assets and is consistent with DON Space Policy.
1. Leading the Navy Space Team for the CNO. Per reference (k), this includes serving, along with Marine Corps DC, PP&O, as the principal military advisor to the Under Secretary of the Navy for executing the following responsibilities: a. Review and formulation of Navy Space Policy. b. Oversight of Navy space activities.

2. Developing Navy requirements and making resource recommendations for: space systems R&D, testing and evaluation and acquisition; related military construction; space related doctrine, education, and training requirements and standards; and space-related strategy and operations 6. Submitting space capability needs, operational requirements and interoperability requirements to the DOD EA for Space for integration into space plans and major space program requirements/capabilities documents as well as associated acquisition programs, per reference (c).

(b) Operating assigned space systems as an integral element of network operations and associated space control activities. Providing other space expertise, support, products and services as required in support of reference (f).
(g) Overseeing space cadre development and space related education and training for the fleet, including developing guidelines, standards and measures of effectiveness. Supporting the fleet and appropriate commands and schools in development of space training curricula and materials as required.

MAY 2005
OPNAV INSTRUCTION 5400.43
Subj: NAVY SPACE POLICY IMPLEMENTATION

OPNAVINST 5400.43
Ser N6/N7
20 May 05

GET A COPY HERE

I would say that was confirmation from the Horses Mouth... so to speak

edit on 13-9-2010 by zorgon because: WAHHHHHH

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There was a news report, I think about a decade ago, about a ship designer who developed a ship that looks something like that in the SF Bay Area. It has pontoons under the water, where the drive engines are also located, which allows the ship to avoid surface waves, and so allows it to travel way faster than traditional ships, and provide for a more stable platform. Looks like the same tech in your picture.

I wonder if the Navy currently has manned space flight capability, but is keeping it a secret. I find it hard to believe that the U.S. military would be willing to go without manned space flight for the next several years.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, as always a very good thread; during the Vietnam War I remember watching Meet The Press one Sunday with my dad, somewhere around 1969-70, and that episode was about a laser system mounted on an F4 Phantom, and how it knocked out numerous NVA tanks in one day; I have yet to find anything else about this anywhere, but I do remember it, and so does my dad; any interesting info you can relate on this?

:

seeker

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Rear Admiral Gerald R. Beaman
Deputy Chief of Staff, Global Force Management & Joint Operations U.S. Fleet Forces Command

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd299b40677f.jpg[/atsimg]

Selected for flag rank in 2004, Beaman’s first flag assignment was as commander, Naval Network and Space Operations Command in Dahlgren, Va.,

Beaman’s shore tours include flag lieutenant and aide to commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Force (1979-81), VF-101 program manager for the squadron augmentation unit (1984-86), Navy Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN) where he served as maintenance officer, operations officer and executive officer (1988-92), U.S. Space Command, as chief, Global Engagement Division and as commander, Space Control Center, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center (1996-98).

www.navy.mil...

edit on 18-9-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Selected for flag rank in 2004, Beaman’s first flag assignment was as commander, Naval Network and Space Operations Command in Dahlgren, Va., and was then subsequently appointed as the director of operations, Naval Network Warfare Command (2005-06). He assumed command of Strike Force Training Pacific in June, 2006 (2006-08). His next assignment was deputy chief of staff operations, Allied Joint Forces Command-Naples, Italy beginning in Jan 2008 (2008-2009). In September 2009, he reported to U.S. Fleet Forces Command as deputy chief of staff Global Force Management & Joint Operations (N3/N5).
www.navy.mil...

To accomplish the GSCA role, the CDRJSO has several
wide-ranging coordinating responsibilities:

1. Establish, deconflict, prioritize, and integrate military, in- telligence, civil, and commercial space requirements for CDRUSSTRATCOM and other combatant commanders.
2. Recommend guidelines for employing non-military space
capabilities in global space operations.

3. Monitor the status of all military, intelligence, civil, and commercial space systems that affect global space opera- tions.
4. Ensure interoperability among military and non-military
space assets.
5. Recommend appropriate command relationships for space
forces to CDR JFCC SGS.
www.scribd.com...

Dunno the relevance - but what exactly is he doing NOW??

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is unbelievable! People, in 2004 I was working as a federal contractor at the proving grounds in Yuma AZ. While working there I seen this emblem (Navy Space Command). I thought at the time how strange to see (Navy) when I was to the understanding that the proving grounds were for (Army-Marines). I was working there for 3 weeks and myself and the guys who worked for me, kept seeing this white triangle shaped craft flying above for days possibly weeks. I asked this military guy there, what is that white craft we see in the sky, all the time? He kind of laughed and said ( would you believe that's the new space shuttle). I didn't believe him, it just looked too small (to me). A few days latter, I had to find this other contractor to verifiy some blue print so I go to this buliding that I was told to go to if I needed any assistants or questions. I walk in and there is these military guys in flight coveralls with that Navy Space Command patch on there get up. I find the contractor and get my answers in needed then said to him ( I didn't know the Navy is out here too ) he told me they were flying that new space shuttle. Now I didn't see anybody get in this so called space shuttle and fly it but there sure was a lot of talk amongst the contractors and the military personal us contractors delt with the Navy and space. We all thought it was strange then I see this thread. Wow.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincevatican777 I walk in and there is these military guys in flight coveralls with that Navy Space Command patch on there get up.

My friend, this is one of the best posts in this thread
Ummm anyway you could snag one of those patches?

What really amazes me is that NASA on Spaceweather website posted the following article... and very little attention was given it by ATS members...

SECRET SPACE PLANE:

NASA's space shuttle program may be winding down, but the US Air Force's is just getting started. On April 22nd, the USAF launched an unmanned mini-shuttle from Cape Canaveral on a secret mission widely thought to involve reconnaissance. The X-37B can now be seen gliding through the night sky shining about as brightly as the stars of the Big Dipper. On Sunday night, Gary O. photographed it streaking over the treetops of his home in Fort Davis, Texas:

spaceweather.com...

Zorgon says Secret Space Plane and gets debunkers pouncing on him, but NASA says; SECRET SPACE PLANE and No one at ATS gets interested

How ironic is that?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
People of ATS, we really need to pay attention to this thread. Is the Navy running our space program? Is NASA just a cover up? Why would the Navy have such interest in the moon? That last time I looked at the moon there was no water to be seen. What is really going on up there on the moon? Disclosure is coming, there's more of us then there is of them. Thanks Zorgon you rule!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincevatican777 Disclosure is coming, there's more of us then there is of them.

There may be more of us, but they have bigger guns, and UAV's and lasers and railguns... you think they worry that we outnumber them?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Funny how this Sea Launch program has gotten so little publicity.

Same as the NASA announcement of 'Secret Space Plane spotted' Seems to be a dual standard here... debunk the posters... but sweep it under the rug when the big boys confirm it

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I believe I participated on that thread, or a similar thread.

From my memory, they now have a droid capable of entering and returning from space flight, like the shuttle.

As I stated earlier, I am flabergasted that we no longer have manned space flight capability.

I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the U.S. Navy has manned space flight capability, and that it is kept from the public.

If we could do it forty years ago with a re-entry vehicle, we can probably do it a whole lot easier and cheaper today. From my understanding, they had an SR-71 replacement back in the eighties when the SR-71 was retired, it has been kept top secret. This aircraft flew mach 5 plus and skimmed at the top of our atmosphere. How much more difficult would it be to build a similar plane able to go fast enough get up into orbit.

Send a large payload vehicle up unmanned. Then send the smaller manned vehicles up for rendezvous, and boarding. This cuts the human life risk during launch. Launch the larger vehicle from a oil rig style platform out in the Pacific right on the equator, taking advantage of Earths rotation.

I might have mentioned this before.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Any thoughts on that? Have they been declassified?

I could speculate here, the unblurred picture you have found may have been modified to remove a central component in the nozzles that would link it with reaction engine technology or a variation of of this.

Currently being developed by Reaction Engines Ltd for the proposed use in Skylon.

Reaction Engines link

Of course this presupposes that the technology or a variation is already available but it does make significant changes in payload capability or just keep the payload the same but make a smaller rocket which I would think fits in nicely with portability as in the case of a sea launch.

edit on 20-9-2010 by sherpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Whoops, sorry about that unnecessary post.

edit on 20-9-2010 by sherpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is one of the best, most well put together threads I have seen on here. I would love to know more. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join