It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby I am sure that Zorgan has seen all this.

Maaaaybe

But dang it good work
I just can't believe no one else was interested why the Navy would have a name like 'Hyperspace' in the url

Okay... da kitty escaped the baggy now

To preserve and enhance a strong space technology base and provide expert assistance in the development and acquisition of space systems for naval missions, activities of the Naval Center for Space Technology extend from basic and applied research through advanced development in all areas of Navy space program interest. These activities include developing spacecraft, systems using these spacecraft, and ground command and control stations.

The Center is a focal point and integrator for NRL divisions whose technologies are used in space systems. The Center also provides systems engineering and technical direction assistance to system acquisition managers of major space systems. In this role, technology transfer is a major goal that motivates a continuous search for new technologies and capabilities and the development of prototypes that demonstrate the integration of such technologies.

Naval Center for Space Technology, 8000
Administrative Financial Management, 8010
Logistics Support, 8012
Security, 8013
Military Deputy for Space Programs, 8020
Program Coordination & Liason Officer, 8030
Space Systems Development, 8100
Mission Development, 8110
Advanced Systems Technology, 8120
Command, Control, Communications, Computers & Intelligence, 8140
Space Applications, 8150
Spacecraft Engineering, 8200
Design Test & Processing, 8210
Systems Analysis, 8220
Control Systems, 8230
Space Electronic Systems Development, 8240

www.nrl.navy.mil...

Highlights of 75th

28 meg PDF on the 'public released' stuff
www.nrl.navy.mil...

Space Systems Development Department

code8100.nrl.navy.mil...

Spacecraft Engineering Department (SED)

code8200.nrl.navy.mil...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Funding Opportunities
Department of Defense
Naval Research Lab ...

NAVAL CENTER FOR SPACE TECHNOLOGY - CODE 8000 TOPICS

CODE 7600 - SPACE SCIENCE DIVISION
76-09-01 RESEARCH INTO SPACE - ITS IMAGING AND MODELING

CODE 8200 - SPACECRAFT ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
82-09-01 SPACECRAFT & SPACE SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
82-09-02 TACTICAL COMMUNICATIONS

Numerical value: No fixed limit

Deadlines:
External Deadline: 12/31/2009

researchfunding.duke.edu...

So you have until Dec 2009 to get your contract bid in

NO FIXED LIMIT ON FUNDING

Now ain't THAT a kicker in these times of economic woes eh?

Engineering for Spacecraft and Space Guide - Aerospace and defense Review
Naval Center for Space Technology
Conceives, DoD, develops, and demonstrates space and aerospace systems and technology to meet Navy and National needs.
www.astronomy-awards.org...

Grant: Naval Research Laboratory BAA

Grant Name
Naval Research Laboratory BAA

Sponsoring Agency
Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)

Sponsoring Division
URL
heron.nrl.navy.mil...

Award Information
Award Amount
NA
Award Duration
NA

At the bottom of VERY LONG LIST

SPACE SCIENCE DIVISION:
RESEARCH INTO SPACE - ITS IMAGING AND MODELING

NAVAL CENTER FOR SPACE TECHNOLOGY:
SPACECRAFT ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
SPACECRAFT & SPACE SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
TACTICAL COMMUNICATION

intranet.soe.ucsc.edu...

Unlimited Grant for unlimited funding for contractors

DANG it where do I get a piece of the action

[edit on 24-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Impressive Zorgon.

The Truth will come out soon enough.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Space command is no secret - there are plenty of industry books on this - full spectrum total theater dominance which is the name for the military strategy of the US is under command of Space Command - There is an excellent book on all of this called Wired For War, by Peter Singer - nothing untowards - you should just read what is freely available.

Wired for War is a great book and I reccommend it but it isn't exactly about the NAVY Space Command. It's about military (and other) robots that are currently being used or are in the later stages of developement and how robots will change the battlefield and the way people think about war as a result. GREAT BOOK!!! but not about the same subject as this thread (of course there is some overlap here and there).

Great thread Zorgon! I wish I had info to contribute, but reading is lot's of fun.

I wonder if anyone else has any info or can confirm the pics mentioned earlier in the thread of Astronauts in black space suits? I would LOVE to see those pictures!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The Latin translation on the Navy Seal during the rail gun video is "Speed Destroys"

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sounds like George Knapp would be interested in doing an interview on this one...good luck zorgon! Love the guy, he'll give you an intelligent fair shake if you guys do it.

Maybe we'll hear you one of these future Sunday nights.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wow Z! Great post and info. Thanks for keeping me up all night reading

I just wonder where all this is really leading. Obviously if you were able to put this all together then it seems they aren't exactly trying to hide the NSC's existence. It took a lot of effort on your part, but at least you were able to find the stuff.

Will "they" come out and give us a line-item description and summary of their essential role within our government and military? We can only hope more will be found out!

Thanks again! s&f

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is some nice information, Zorgon. So, it seems that the tipoff here is "Code 8000" (a Google search yields the NRL on the top of the list, followed by a bunch of information on error messages....gonna be tough searching).

I don't have too much to add here...just need to get my footprint laid down.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Electric Propulsion Demonstration Module (EPDM)

There are two quicktime videos in this link which I can't help but think of Starship enterprise

code8200.nrl.navy.mil...

One very interesting item I notice in the header pictures for any of these control rooms is that they all look very early 90's. I've noticed it in DSTO documents and also whilst I have been searching this topic.

For example if you go to the main page of NRL here:

www.nrl.navy.mil...

Notice the picture on the right is using three of what would appear to be barco projectors from the early to mid 90's which are ancient now. The last time I worked with projection we had double stacked sony projectors which were outputting 5000 ansi lumens that could be used in daylight...

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To the poster that reminded me of Archive.org you rock

I just came across this history book from the Navy link:

www.history.navy.mil...

Now when I clicked that link I got a big No No
:

Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Now seeing this book was on the web as PUBLIC information I will post it here courtesy of Archive.org :

From the Sea to the Stars: A History of U.S. Navy Space and Space-Related Activities by Gary Federici By permission of the author and with the support of NR SPAWAR HQ 0866 June 1997

web.archive.org...

I have saved all text from that link for Justin

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

re: archive.org aka The Wayback Machine... (probably one of the most useful sites on the InterTubes...) that would be me... and thank you for this very interesting link.

Askbaby

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

AHh it was you askbaby

Thanks for that gem of a reminder of the web backup.

I found out tonight also using that archive that TRW made Pioneer 1 ....

Got to love RAND for documented weblinks

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Gary Mckinnon talks about off-world cargo and I(Terrestrial Officer Denver) had a precognitive dream about the February 3, 2003 Columbia tragedy: It is a dream of the non-ordinary, experiential access to a precognitive event contained within the dimensions of the human psyche. It is also a dream containing a looming archetypal image of a UFO, an extraordinary telescopic view of the NASA space shuttle in orbit, a huge permeable cargo net, and a deep sense of the profound! This dream was T.O. Denver Earth is "Now!" The Transfinite World! The eternal presence of military perfection is the Now! By Terrestrial Officer Denver The World As We Know it is tied up in the biggest black project of them all right now Better the world should perish than that I or any other human being should believe a lie that is the religion of thought in whose scorching flames the dross of the world is being burnt away. Bertrand Russell 1872-1970

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech

www.history.navy.mil...

:

That's because you left the index.html off

Back directory snooping at .mil sites is a bad idea unless you want to keep Gary company

The link works for me

BOOK

[edit on 25-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denverabout the February 3, 2003 Columbia tragedy:

Search under the title...Columbia Taken Out by Lightning?

This photo was taken by an amateur astronomer from the San Francisco area. In the photograph a purplish corkscrew streamer merges with the plasma trail of the shuttle, which then brightens significantly.

NASA scientists looked at the photograph and dismissed the corkscrew streamer as an artifact created by jiggling of the camera. The NASA 'explanation' was not accompanied by any published analysis, only a statement that there was no thunderstorm activity below Columbia when the photograph was taken.

However there were five pictures taken and they have been removed from all the sites that had them save this one that was at an Australian site

Just did a new search (I usually do this when I post as new stuff always turns up)

Seems Jim Oberg 'infamous' NASA debunker
and ATS member
did a paper on it

Subject: Columbia 5th Anniversary -- Mystery of the Purple Lightning ... The pictures, taken by an amateur astronomer named Goldie and loaned to NASA

www.jamesoberg.com...

Now naturally skuttlebutt has it that it was a plasma weapon

NASA studying Columbia photos
S.F. astronomer's is among those looked at by newly created panels
www.sfgate.com...

But that s not a NAVY issue so back to the track

Here is a quote from Jim... in his usual 'witty' manner

Some of the looniest stuff has (as usual) been on YouTube, where a self-promoting UFO nut named David Sereda (yes, he has a blog, and sells videotapes) describes how it was a death ray from the aliens:
www.youtube.com...
What's scary is to read the comments posted by viewers who swallow the idea -- they sound like a legion of Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich volunteers

self-promoting UFO nut?
Come on now Jim... that coming from a self-promoting debunker that sells books?

And why can't we see the rest of those pictures everyone is talking about?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

www.history.navy.mil...

:

That's because you left the index.html off

Back directory snooping at .mil sites is a bad idea unless you want to keep Gary company

The link works for me

BOOK

Yeah me thinks I had an odd web moment

Finding information through archive.org would hold in court in my favour . Its all goldilocks and the bear... LOL

Front door compared to back door are two different things, and that's water tight

I found it all on the PUBLIC WEB

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I found it all on the PUBLIC WEB

Its ALL on the public web we don't have access to NiPRNET (Sensitive and Confidential); SiPRNET(Secret); JWICS (Top Secret) and we won't even mention the 'Global'

But just because its on the public web doesn't mean they make it easy to find. But they leave enough doors open to keep us guessing

Here is a note form the Pentagon regarding this...

Internet Presents Web of Security Issues

WASHINGTON, Sept. 25, 1998 – In a briefing room deep in the Pentagon earlier this year, Air Force Lt. Col. Buzz Walsh and Maj. Brad Ashley presented a series of briefings to top DoD leaders that raised more than just a few eyebrows.

Selected leaders were shown how it was possible to obtain their individual social security numbers, unlisted home phone numbers, and a host of other personal information about themselves and their families simply by cruising the Internet.

Walsh and Ashley, members of the Pentagon's Joint Staff, were not playing a joke on the leaders. Nor were they trying to be clever. Rather they were dramatically, and effectively demonstrating the ease of accessing and gathering personal and military data on the information highway information which, in the wrong hands, could translate into a vulnerability.

"You don't need a Ph.D. to do this," Walsh said about the ability to gather the information. "There's no rocket science in this capability. What's amazing is the ease and speed and the minimal know-how needed. The tools (of the Net) are designed for you to do this."

The concern over personal information on key DoD leaders began with a simple inquiry from one particular flag officer who said he was receiving a large number of unsolicited calls at home. In addition to having the general's unlisted number, the callers knew specifically who he was.

Beginning with that one inquiry, the Joint Staff set out to discover just how easy it is to collect data not only on military personnel, but the military in general. They used personal computers at home, used no privileged information not even a DoD phone book and did not use any on-line services that perform investigative searches for a fee.

In less than five minutes on the Net Ashley, starting with only the general's name, was able to extract his complete address, unlisted phone number, and using a map search engine, build a map and driving directions to his house.

Using the same techniques and Internet search engines, they visited various military and military-related Web sites to see how much and the types of data they could gather. What they discovered was too much about too much, and seemingly too little concern about the free flow of information vs. what the public needs to know.

www.defenselink.mil...

That is one of the reasons I am careful about posting direct links to some .mil papers...

Imagine you have a link that gets hit once or twice a month then when you post it on ATS it gets thousands of hits an hour

Many times this results in the link being closed, files moved, etc. Lost a whole bunch of Warp Drive papers at LANL that way

Also I posted a link once to Maxwell AFB document and everyone who opened the thread got a warning pop up .... oops
won't do that again

There is also the NOFORN issue... some stuff is ok for 'local' viewing but not international so posting it on an international website raises eyebrows

There are portals though... you can look at the front door of SiPRNET...
nic dot mil
if your brave... they won't bite, but they will know your knocking...
you need an access code and be on a .mil computer to get in. Its not like NASA where they leave the door open

And there is a Marine Portal for JWICS...

SIGINT - JWICS
JOINT WORLDWIDE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil...

Look but don't be stupid

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hope you all liked the book!

Cool hey

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I hope you all liked the book!

Cool hey

Yuppers Saved a copy and will add it to the database...

Too bad it had no picture of the Enterprise though

There is ALWAYS an Enterprise... long standing tradition

Ships named Enterprise

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is a great post... forgive me if this was listed already... but wanted to share ... After reading what they were up to in the 40's I do not know how we couldn't question that they were in charge... Thanks Zorgon for the time to post!

US Navy in Space Chronology...
www.history.navy.mil...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join