It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Nuke Dropped At The End Of 'Desert Storm' In 1991?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What I find odd is how terms like "War Crime" are thrown about.

Cry me a river for the Republican Guard. They weren't surrendering, they were tactically retreating back into Iraq. We were simply denying them the return of a lot of equipment and even more stolen goods.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

First the Iraqis were warned not to try to retreat with military equipment they were allowed to leave there equipment was not. What you dont see in this video is eventually beside the road you'll see Iraqis retreating on foot. All military supplies were to be destroyed. The only thing they were allowed to carry with them were food water and clothes. Though most Iraqis stripped off there uniform as well they were going home and had enough.There was no crime heck not even a massacre it could have been. This was the only road leading from Kuwait to Iraq this was during there invasion there were no civilians on that road. Kuwaitis knew better than be on a road leading to Iraq.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It was Blu-82 dropped from special ops MC-130 Aircraft that made the allies think nukes were dropped. We dropped several of these during the war.

Special Operations

MC-130E/H Combat Talon I/II - During Desert Storm, the MC-130E Combat Talon I played a vital role. One third of all airdrops in the first three weeks of the war were performed by MC-130s. Its primary role was psychological operations, as it air-dropped 11 BLU-82/B general purpose bombs and flew multiple missions air-dropping and dispersing leaflets

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Xeven]

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Xeven]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
While leaving out the nuke thing, since radiation would be noticed all over the area and in neighbouring countries - there was a thing called war that you probably missed. In war it is pretty obvious that enemy soldiers are a legitimate target. Since there never were 100000 Iraqi tourists in Kuwait at the time, then there had to be some Iraqi armed forces, at war with coalition armed forces, fleeing the area. And if those got "slaughtered" then it happens in wars. Soldiers get killed. Iraqi forces did not surrender. So they were bombed.
If mighty Iraqi air-force bombed coalition soldiers and caused high casualties i doubt you would use word slaughter.

Mmm yes, while leaving out the nuke thing because of a clear lack of evidence so far i would like to adress some things you raise here.

If around a 100000 fleeing troops get slaughtered than i will just callit that, slaughter.
You can try and put words in my mouth by stating i'd only say that when Iraqi's get slaughtered than that is your problem.
I dont like slaughter no matter who gets it or who does it.

From the info that is around it seems the people on the highway where fleeing and it looks pretty clear they where not all military, if i check the verhicles than i seems most of them where civilian.
If you check out my latest post with video you can clearly see that cluster bombs where used a lot, as stated in the story in the same post.
In the same video you can see that any one on foot fleeing with their hands raised where shot of with cannons from helicopters and gun ships.
Check out the whole video, after the fist half it is quite clearly visible what i am stating here.

A shocking black page in human history that deserves its own thread without the nuke angle i believe.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

They didnt use cluster bombs that would be stupid to try to attack tanks with a cluster bomb they used paveway a laser guided bomb to take out the front and rear of the convoy the rest was taken out by machine gun and rockets. Ss for the civilian vehicles they looted kuwaites homes stole there vehicles and was retreating back to iraq.It was decided thay were not going to leave with these spoils of war.Nothing like making the invasion a failure by sending them home with nothing. They lost most of there military vehicles tanks apc.They knew they could retreat if they were on foot heading back to iraq there were not attacked. This invasion was meant to cost saddam its military and it did.

Heres my favorite quote

"Iraq went from the fourth-largest army in the worldto the second-largest army in Iraq in 100 hours" - Lieutenant General Tom Kelly

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by jaamaan

They didnt use cluster bombs that would be stupid to try to attack tanks with a cluster bomb they used paveway a laser guided bomb to take out the front and rear of the convoy the rest was taken out by machine gun and rockets.

Have a look at the posted video's, maybe you can see that there are almost no tanks there, mostly civilian cars, busses, trucks etc.
Have a look at the video i posted last and scroll halfway into the video, maybe you can see the cluster munitions going off to, as stated in the quote in that same post.

Using cluster bombs on a traffic jam of (mainly) civilian cars would not be "stupid' i think, you could take out and hold many cars, and not forget people, with each drop.

taking out a "7 mile" traffic jam with mainly machine guns would take a lot of time, strafing each left over car and human target.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As a former 2W2 (nuke guy) I will say it doesn't take a nuke expert to tell that wasn't a nuke

I'm only upset that I didn't come up with the Daisy Cutter video first :-p

Star for that poster :-p

There are accounts of Daisy Cutters dropped in the current wars and nearby Allied units thought we were nuking the landscape. The manner and intensity with which they detonate is enough for the casual observer to guess tactical or low-yield nuclear device.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

taking out a "7 mile" traffic jam with mainly machine guns would take a lot of time, strafing each left over car and human target.

Let me rephrase they would have used BLU-97/B Combined Effects Bomb (CEB) not a Combined Effects Munitions (CEM) It is a cluster type munition but it kills armor jeeps APC with a proximity sensor particularly nasty against vehicles. However against tanks would still need to bring in the heavy stuff. the best thing about the (CEB) it would make that section of road impassible.Once a pilot drops or launches his munitions than its time for the machine guns and trust me it wouldn't take any time at all to dismantle a convoy. the f15 has M-61 20-mm 6-barrel cannon capable of firing 7,200 rounds per minute (rpm). How long did you say it would take?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sorry the only 'nuclear weapons' used in GW1 were depleted uranium rounds.

I know cluster bombs were used on that road, due the briefing we got on the ground about not to 'pick them up', and take them home; as bad things will happen.
(and did!
)

Also I drove regularly on that road, going between Doha and what was called (at the time) Camp Monterrey, and there were 'pock marks' from the rounds that missed/went through the vehicles. As well as 'pot holes' scattered all over the place.

One thing that has been over looked on this thread, that when a DU round is fired, that once its protective outer shell flies off, the DU catches fire. An when the round hits a hard target, 70% of it (roughly) will vaporize, creating a fireball in and 'around' the hard target. (The rest punching in and through.)

Needless to say, anyone in proximity is turned into a 'crispy critter' fairly instantly. And anyone who inhales the particles (during those high density moments) is likely going to have low level radiation poisoning from DU inhalation/digestion, in the following days. FYI anyone with in 25 meters of a DU hit shares that risk. Afterwords the DU dust can still be inhaled/consumed by personnel just moving through the area.

Which, due the the arid conditions, means that area still is a potential health risk TODAY. ...It's just not as severely dangerous as those first few hours, as some environmental scatter has diminished the risk some. Or if you will, made more of the area dangerous.

DU is effective, and superior to most munitions that exist; it is also contaminates the areas where it is used. While I would like for it to never be used again, anywhere, ever. I am also of the thought that I want my fellow soldiers to win their fights, and to come home safely.

If I had a say in the matter, it's use would strictly be limited to use against tanks and other 'hardened' targets. Not APC's, not trucks, or AA batteries, or sky scrapers etc.

There is no humane weapon in war, but DU is dangerous not just when it is fired, but after it has been fired as well.

It has the ability to injure not just the enemy, but the non-combatants and most importantly our own troops.

Myself, I'm waiting on results from a Ultra sound of my kidneys & bladder to find our if my high creatine (sp?) levels are from damage due to DU, or something else. Not to mention another odd pain that is being explored in later tests

No there were no nukes, just DU, which isn't quite as bad... if you don't have to live among it. Look up the Camp Doha 1991 Fire in Google. If you think you have had a bad day, be stuck in blast proximity to that for a hour or so. I still have bad dreams from that, and I'm still in the nightmare of DU.

M.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i believe i saw the hwy of death was covered on an episode of PBS FRONTLINE. i think it was just helicopters that did all that mistaken as an enemy supply convoy.

regardless, thats what war looks like.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by banned4life]

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

No all you did was show a video of the USAF bombed and killed thousands of retreating Iraqi soldier in their vehciles.

The Iraqi units that were caught in the "highway of death" were retreating, not surrendering. A retreating enemy is still the enemy combatant unless they are surrendering. So to put it bluntly, there were still fair game and as far as we were concerned they were just retreating to regroup, and counterattack with a bigger scale. They are still acting like combatant. This happened 24 hours before the Gulf War ceasefire agreement was signed. Most of the vechiles were stolen from Kuwait and tried to retreat back to where they belong before they were caught by USAF aircraft.

And besides why doesn't anyone mention about the Iraqi Army tortured, raped, and murdered over thousands of Kuwaiti civilians during the seven month Iraqi occupation of Kuwait. So they acted like what the Nazis and the Japanese did in World War 2 - kill, steal, murder, and intentionally raped a lot of woman. I don't have any sympathy for thugs who loot all the resources, tortured, and intentionally killed all the Kuwaiti civilians.

articles.latimes.com...

Saddam Hussein's secret police came for Dr. Hisham Abedan at night. His crime: He had treated a wounded Kuwaiti man in his home. For 12 days last September they tortured the devout Muslim gynecologist from Kuwait Maternity Hospital, plucking his fingernails out and burning him with cigarettes, his colleagues said Thursday. Then they took him home at midnight and called his family outside.

They shoot him in the head in front of his brothers and parents, and they throw his body in the rubbish," said a colleague, Dr. Mohammed Mahfouz. "And they order his family not to move the body until morning." Similar tales of horror were common in this battered capital a day after allied forces liberated the city.

Doctors say they still are stunned by the savagery of the seven-month reign of terror by Iraqi troops. Dr. Khalid Shalawi, head physician at Mubarak Hospital, said Thursday that he has often wept "over what has happened in Kuwait--it was worse than people thought."

Basma Yusef, head nurse for casualties at Mubarak, Kuwait's largest hospital, said that the worst cases of torture she had to treat seemed to be victims accused of taking part in the Kuwaiti resistance.

One man's ears were cut off, she said. Another was burned so badly "he had no skin," she said. "We think they used acid."

And three weeks ago, she said, the bodies of nine Kuwaitis were found, killed by ax blows to the head.

"The head is open and the brains are out," Yusef said. "Some, their eyes have been taken out."

Most perplexing to the doctors was the fate of Rasha Kabundi, a young mother of three. She was shot four times in the chest and face. Then the top of her skull was cut off with an electric saw. Her body, too, was dumped in a rubbish heap.

"It's awful," said Dr. Shalawi. "It's a nightmare. We're still in a state of shock."

He estimated that 250 to 300 Kuwaitis were tortured and killed in the city. The grim total may never be known, however, since ambulances were forbidden to pick up the bodies, and many families buried their victims alone.

Among Kuwaiti officials in the United States, accounts continued to vary widely about how many Kuwaiti civilians had been killed or kidnaped by Iraqi occupiers.

In Washington, Kuwait's ambassador to the United States, Sheik Saud al Nasir al Sabah, told reporters after a White House meeting with President Bush that the Iraqis are believed to have killed about 2,000 Kuwaiti civilians. He said they had seized "between 4,000 to 5,000, perhaps more than that" as apparent hostages.

In New York, however, the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United Nations put the number considerably higher: 22,000 abducted Kuwaiti civilians and 8,632 Kuwaiti prisoners of war. He made no mention of slain civilians. In Kuwait city, the torture was carried out in police stations, a sports club, and even in Dasman Palace, the now gutted residence of Kuwait's ruler, Sheik Jabbar al Ahmed al Sabah. The executions were carried out everywhere, witnesses said.

"The last group was 10 days ago," Dr. Shalawi said. "They took four young boys, 15, 16, 17. They all work in restaurants. They accused them of being resistance. They killed them all--shot in the head."

Another 17 victims, also killed by shots in the head, were brought to the Al Amiri Hospital in February. All told, 38 bodies, including that of a woman who had been hanged, were received by the hospital after Iraq invaded Kuwait last Aug. 2, said Dr. Ammar Baroon, a surgeon.

The "crimes" for which Kuwaitis could be tortured and killed included such things as using Kuwaiti money, which features a likeness of the emir.

"They catch many people because they found Kuwaiti flags, or a picture of the emir, anything from Kuwait," said Dr. Jassim Sailakawi, assistant registrar at Kuwait Maternity Hospital.

Sailakawi said an Iraqi officer ordered nurses to remove ubiquitous stickers that say "My Country, Kuwait" from walls and pictures.

"He said take all the stickers off or we destroy the hospital," the doctor said.

A four-barreled Iraqi antiaircraft battery and concrete blockhouses were placed in the parking lot in front of the Al Amiri Hospital in apparent violation of Geneva Conventions that bar military positions outside hospitals.

The gun stood fully loaded with belts of ammunition Thursday, and the ground was littered with empty brass casings. Iraqi helmets, caps and uniforms were scattered in the bunkers.

"They shoot all the time," said Dr. Baroon. "They just hear the voice of the plane and start shooting. But they have no target."

Other antiaircraft guns and bunkers were placed at the Adan Hospital and around the sprawling Sabah Hospital complex, renamed Saddam General Hospital by the Iraqis. Now abandoned, the guns all were aimed toward the Persian Gulf in anticipation of an amphibious landing by U.S. Marines that never came.

This is page 1, there is a lot a more to go in Page to to the LA article.

And check out these stories and there are tons of articles detailing about the Iraqi atrocities against the people of Kuwait.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In the muslim world stealing is bad. They'll call you a dog and chop your hands off. They really don't like thieves.

With the new cross drilling technology Kuwait was drilling under Iraq and stealing their oil.

Which is why Iraq invaded. Legally, they were in their right. Muslims don't like thieves.

Well.....we don't like paying for oil...ha ha ha ha!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No Kuwait was invaded so Saddam could access their oil production facilites he needed to pay his debts from the war with Iran that had just ended.
Calling the Highway of death a war crime is the biggest load of pants I have heard in a long time. You pacifist weenies really cant accept the fact that there are bad guys that need killing. Yes there were civilian cars in this convoy because they had been looted from Kuwait. As has been explained to you already the Republican guard were attempting to get back to Iraq with their loot as fast as possible. They thought that if they used civilian vehicles they could do this and avoid destruction. Didnt exactly work out that way. It matters not one iota what weapon was used to take them out. They had a chance to surrender and they did not take it. Live by the sword.....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This was NOT a nuke, this was caused by typical continual strafing runs.

A nuke would have left a huge impact crater, been picked up around the world as a seismic disturbance, and would have caused the desert in the area to turn to glass.

There would also be massive spikes in radiation, still detectable today.

Nice try, move along.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

Ya i agree, as far i'm concern, the Iraqi Army deserve it. They raped and pillaged the whole country of Kuwait. They killed thousands of Kuwaiti civilians like what the Nazis used to do to the Jews as well as the Japanese did to the Chinese in WW2.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join