It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Nuke Dropped At The End Of 'Desert Storm' In 1991?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

And only 17 years later, in 2008, an information leak occurred ­ in particular thanks to Italian official RAI agency ­ that on the last day of Desert Storm - on the highway linking Basra and Kowait - the US Air Force killed approximately 100 thusand people fleeing Kowait with a medium-small size 5 kiloton atomic bomb. See the article below and appreciate photographs taken in Basra hospital.
www.rense.com...

Did any one here remember the "highway of death" in first gulf war offensive "desert storm".
The slaughter was realy massive but at the time presented as a victory.
100.000 iraqi people where slaughtered while fleeing.
So i am realy not surprised that this could have been done by a nuke, specialy after seeing the images of this highway bombing.

Have a look around the 2 minute mark to see the scale of this slaughter.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
They just showed you exactly how it happened... with actual video. The ground is littered with small impacts from the bombing runs, there's no evidence of one large blast crater. Not to mention that the vehicles are still more or less intact, including bodies! If there was a nuclear blast, there would be no bodies, they'd be instantly vaporized along with much of the armor.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
In that video there is a contradiction. They mention thousands of vehicles(1:45 mark) but then claim only hundred of deaths(3:10 mark). Were some vehicles driving themselves? I would also say there was no small nukes used. The heat even from a small one would leave most of those vehicles without a paint job.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
They were Iraqi military who had invaded Kuwait. They were returning to Iraq and were destroyed by aircraft. There was no Nuke.

Lies Lies Lies

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

100.000 iraqi "people" where slaughtered while fleeing.

These were iraqi troops fleeing with there loot.

And there is no signs of a nuke being used as many of the vehicles are upright and unburned.
these vehicles for the most part were destroyed with aircraft gunfire and CBUs

If a nuke had been used most of these vehicles would have been rolled across the desert by the blast.
www.washoe.k12.nv.us...
www.atomicarchive.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
They were Iraqi military who had invaded Kuwait. They were returning to Iraq and were destroyed by aircraft. There was no Nuke.

Lies Lies Lies

the invasion was compareble to north dakota invaiding alaska

wasent Q8 part of iraq.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
While leaving out the nuke thing, since radiation would be noticed all over the area and in neighbouring countries - there was a thing called war that you probably missed. In war it is pretty obvious that enemy soldiers are a legitimate target. Since there never were 100000 Iraqi tourists in Kuwait at the time, then there had to be some Iraqi armed forces, at war with coalition armed forces, fleeing the area. And if those got "slaughtered" then it happens in wars. Soldiers get killed. Iraqi forces did not surrender. So they were bombed.
If mighty Iraqi air-force bombed coalition soldiers and caused high casualties i doubt you would use word slaughter.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Its obvious to all that there was no nuke used here, the damage to the vehicals and ground looks like it was done from conventinal weapons, your video offers no proof what so ever of a nuke been used in fact your video proves you wrong

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
yup no nukes but depleted uranium was the choise of the day that year.

gulf syndome anyone ?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

wasent Q8 part of iraq.

Surely you can't be serious.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by zerbot565

wasent Q8 part of iraq.

Surely you can't be serious.

sure i am , wasent q8 part of iraq before the brittish? colonisation,,,,

and it wasnt as if q8 resisted the whole thing , as i remember they where openhandedly greeting them while the tanks rolled in.

bp might not have but thats not the question.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hey there,
regarding the convoy, a friend of mine who's brother served in the RAF as a traffic controller, told me that the convoy was found by an A10 patrol. On finding the convoy the 2 A10 went up and down the convoy until there ammo was spent.
Just what i was told, don't make it so obviously.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
No nuke - not from that footage, as others have said that looks like a butt load of conventional bombs and other stuff.

The bodies would not be there, the cars and trucks would not be on their wheels on the road - if they survived they would of been rolled and picked up by the blast... I see nothing there to suggest a nuke - although a turkey shoot seems about right - sure there were some rag tag defences, but that was not exactly a military column.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Looks like A10 rounds wiped out the whole road, carpet bombing would have obliterated vehicles and left craters.
A10's going low creeping up from behind in waves would have been their strategy, there low-slow flying jets and you dont hear them until there literally over your head by then its already too late.
As mentioned before a Nuke would have left those vehicles on their side with not much paintwork left on them.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

And only 17 years later, in 2008, an information leak occurred ­ in particular thanks to Italian official RAI agency ­ that on the last day of Desert Storm - on the highway linking Basra and Kowait - the US Air Force killed approximately 100 thusand people fleeing Kowait with a medium-small size 5 kiloton atomic bomb. See the article below and appreciate photographs taken in Basra hospital.
www.rense.com...

Did any one here remember the "highway of death" in first gulf war offensive "desert storm".
The slaughter was realy massive but at the time presented as a victory.
100.000 iraqi people where slaughtered while fleeing.
So i am realy not surprised that this could have been done by a nuke, specialy after seeing the images of this highway bombing.

Have a look around the 2 minute mark to see the scale of this slaughter.

sorry man... I was there very close by this when it happened and there was no nuke or i would not be here now..... I stood up on the dunes to the west at about 3 klicks and the vehicles that you see here are or were carrying republican guard units and thousands of rounds of ammo... and i watched the jets and incoming missiles doing their thing...

no sale to me... but there are some fringe elements that are going to buy your nuke thing... not me mister

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Not sure about the nuke theory. Look more like napalm, or probably some form of phosphorus bombs. But thanks for the video.

How quickly we forget the attrocities accomplished under the guise of war.

Never did understand the mass murder of a retreating army. Also, it looks to me like there were a lot of civilians in amongst them.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Many of our Gulf War actions qualified as war crimes. One of them was the infamous bombing of the retreating Iraqi army on the highway leading from Mutlaa, Kuwait to Basra. It was a mass exodus from the city, including the Iraq military that was withdrawing to Iraq on Hussein's orders, and also civilians and prisoners. What the United States military did on that highway stands as one of the greatest and most defenseless mass murders of the modern era. What the U.S. did was disable the front and rear vehicles on that highway, trapping the two thousand vehicles and their occupants into a seven-mile-long parking lot. Then the planes flew mission after mission on the helpless vehicles and their occupants, annihilating and incinerating many thousands of people, perhaps tens of thousands. That highway became known as the "Highway of Death."

Pilots who flew the "Highway of Death" mission described it as "shooting fish in a barrel", and they literally rushed back and forth from the aircraft carriers supplying them with bombs. According to the Washington Post, "Their preferred weapon, the Rockeye cluster bomb was passed over for others because elevators were too slow getting them up to the flight deck in time for the next launch."(28) It was a quick trip to the parking lot to drop their payloads, then back to the aircraft carrier to get more bombs. Those activities were in direct violation of the Geneva Convention of 1949's common article 3, which outlaws killing soldiers who are "out of combat."
SOURCE

So far the only mentioning of a nuke beeing used in this "highway of death" story is in my OP.
This does not make the "nuke" story very credible at a first look.
Like some members commented, there are no clear craters that indicate a nuke, specialy since in the posted story the man talks about a bunker buster.
They create substantial craters i guess.

But it is very sad to see the slaughter again and realise its scale, it is just criminal

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

But it is very sad to see the slaughter again and realise its scale, it is just criminal

Maybe. But what of the slaughter of retreating troops at Dunkirk? Same thing.

It's war.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
In that video there is a contradiction. They mention thousands of vehicles(1:45 mark) but then claim only hundred of deaths(3:10 mark). Were some vehicles driving themselves? I would also say there was no small nukes used. The heat even from a small one would leave most of those vehicles without a paint job.

That's not necessarily a contradiction. It's very possible to disable a vehicle without killing the operator. It's also very possible that vehicles were abandoned, and the operators (wisely) ran like (deleted for public broadcast).

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

What would happen is the front of a convoy of Iraqi troops were attacked you destroy the first 10 vehicles and at the end of the convoy do the same all the people in between are forced to stop they get out of there vehicles and run for cover. Then you come back through the line and destroy everything in between. Cant hide from jet and helicopters in the dessert they were sitting ducks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join