It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 23, an American Citizen with government run health care.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Need some evidence my opinion is in line with the Constitution?

Do you believe the Supreme Court?

Try reading U.S. v Butler from 1936.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by TheAftermath

And do you know the old definitions if they are in fact different? And if so where is your proof?

the word is from the 14th century

the definition holds

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

So you are actually saying in 700 years, not a single word of that definition has changed?

Go to your local library and get a copy of Blacks Law Dictionary.

It would do you a world of good.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

Need some evidence my opinion is in line with the Constitution?

Do you believe the Supreme Court?

Try reading U.S. v Butler from 1936.

SIR you dislike the modern government yet you keep referencing it,

I have referenced the constitution itself, found the enumerated clause, defined the word, dated the word, defined other words...

I thought the constitution is KING?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I oppose this healthcare bill and any government run healthcare.

Before I get flamed for this let me tell you my story.

After I became a legal adult I no longer had health insurance, none what so ever. I was working right out of highschool and got injured on the job one day. I had sliced my wrist open deep enough for it not to bleed. I had to drive myself to the hospital where I was there for 15 minutes between the waiting room till the time I walked out. All they did for me was superglue my cut shut and sent me on my way. (I was young and stupid so I did not think of doing this on my own
) Well a few weeks passed and I recieved a bill in the mail for $500 dollars. Now don't get me wrong I thought this was outrageous and I let them know that in the memo lines of my checks I wrote them
but I paid the bill through a couple of installments. I was not making a lot of money but it was my bill and I paid it. That was MY responsibilty.

When I asked my mom (who happens to be in the healthcare industry) why they would charge me, an 18 year old person fresh out of high school this much for 10 cents worth of superglue she told me that this is what they would have charged the insurance company.

Now I do think there should be something done with the healthcare industry but don't have it run by the government.

How likely is it that if the government does end up running the healthcare industry, it will be everything everyone hopes it will be? There needs to be a ceiling on what hospitals and insurance companies can charge for services. The problem is their is none ( I may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge there isn't).

Ok well that is my story and I am happy to answer any questions that I may have overlooked.

All there is left to say is LET THE FLAMING BEGIN

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
All of you should do yourselves a favor and read this
Federalist #41

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

So you are actually saying in 700 years, not a single word of that definition has changed?

Go to your local library and get a copy of Blacks Law Dictionary.

It would do you a world of good.

The word welfare is a synonym for wellness

note the root

-wel-

wellness
health: a healthy state of wellbeing free from disease; "physicians should be held responsible for the health of their patients"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwnhealth: a healthy state of wellbeing free from disease; "physicians should be held responsible for the health of their patients"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You can keep your modern day definitions and assumptions it hasnt changed.

I will stick with the words of someone who actually wrote the document.

"Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power "to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States," amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction."

James Madison

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

All of you should do yourselves a favor and read this
Federalist #41

Why when I have the founding document?

the country is based upon it...

I mean what more do you need?

IS there a more important document to you?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Just to shut you up and argue a point, lets hypothetically assume you are right(which you certainly are not)

How is the nation not healthy if only a minority of its citizens do not have health insurance, yet can still get emergency care?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Given your refusal to acknowledge words change over time, arguing Constitutional terms with you would be an exercise in futility.

Evidently you were a product of the public school system.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

While you do the same thing you accuse him of. Then you attack him. Gee must be great to be soo much better than everyone huh?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I have already stated numerous times I dont think im better than anyone.

Senility or the alcohol kicking in? which one is it?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You can keep your modern day definitions and assumptions it hasnt changed.

I will stick with the words of someone who actually wrote the document.

"Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power "to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States," amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction."

James Madison

YOU are attacking the words sir, and you are stooping not me.

The root "wel" refers to the health of a living creature.

that word is dated to the 14th century.

YOU are doing just what Madison is criticizing

wellness
health: a healthy state of wellbeing free from disease; "physicians should be held responsible for the health of their patients"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

welfare health, happiness

well
in good health....

notice that for each definition of each word with ( wel ) in it we find HEALTH.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You don't????
Not paying much attention to your posts are you?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Odd you bring up Madison since his own words spoil your argument.

May want to try reading the whole thing next time before you make a fool of yourself

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Copy and paste a comment of mine in which I claimed I was better than anyone.

When you cant find it, I'll be waiting here for you to feed you a big crap sandwich with a side of humility.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Against T&C to post a good chunk of history of a post.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Given your refusal to acknowledge words change over time, arguing Constitutional terms with you would be an exercise in futility.

Evidently you were a product of the public school system.

sir you are attacking my intelligence when I did not attack yours in this matter...

the root of a word usually indicates its definition

root: WEL = health

You are are attacking the semantics and the age of a word. talk about futility..

YOU are arguing with the constitution, Jefferson's reference to enumeration, Madison and several dictionaries and several definitions.

What is happening to you?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Then quote it

No need for excuses.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join