It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 23, an American Citizen with government run health care.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

Oh the assumptions!!!!!!!
Too bad greed is not a requisite for life. But down to brass tacks:
Assumption #1: That no one with money cares about anyone else. That greed and being self absorbed is a rule for everyone.
Assumption #2: That anyone who does care wants to use other's money.
Assumption #3: That only "celebritys" can and will care.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Well exactly what are you supporting if its not being compassionate with other peoples money?

Compassion has no place in politics, public policy, or other peoples wallets.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Oh the assumptions!!!!!!!
Too bad greed is not a requisite for life. But down to brass tacks:
Assumption #1: That no one with money cares about anyone else. That greed and being self absorbed is a rule for everyone.
Assumption #2: That anyone who does care wants to use other's money.
Assumption #3: That only "celebritys" can and will care.

Very well said, and I second this!
And my 2nd line.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Who says I am being compassionate with other peoples money hmm? Your continued silly knee jerk assumption that I am what you deem a "parasite" perhaps?

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

Well exactly what are you supporting if its not being compassionate with other peoples money?

Compassion has no place in politics, public policy, or other peoples wallets.

What place DOES compassion hold, then? After you've rubbed everyone's faces in the dirt, and you go home and beat your wife, kick the dog, and lay your . on your pillow?

That's what is wrong with this country, there is no more WE the people.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Uh no. Reading comprehension would do you some good.

Your support of a government ran insurance program.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Uh no. Reading comprehension would do you some good.

Your support of a government ran insurance program.

What do you propose for poor people to do for medical needs?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Compassion, like religion is an individual belief that has no purpose in public policy.

If you want to be compassionate, by all means go donate every dollar to your name. Personally I donate (aka show some compassion) to the Wounded Warrior Project. Thats my individual choice. Government has no power nor obligation to be charitable.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Heres an idea. I know its extreme, but follow along.

They could:

Get rid of their luxuries (cell phone, eating out, etc etc. )

Find additional employment.

Lower their living expenses.

Be responsible with their finances and make responsible choices ( like not having kids they cant afford to care for)

Those are just a few of the options they have.

Take the OP for instance. He claims he cant afford health insurance, yet he pays an ISP for internet access so he can post here and whine about it.

Seems like internet access is more important than health insurance.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Can someone please explain this whole healthcare debacle to me?

Whats it all about?

In Australia we have private health care or public medicare.

Private gets you in faster, meant to be better care, seperate rooms, cable tv, , etc...

public means the wait on the list type much longer than private, no seperate room, etc..

If you have private health insurance you dont need to pay the medicare levy surcharge which is like 1-1.5% of what you earn't or something like that. So you'd get more tax back compared to someone who doesn't have private health insurance., etc.

whats the deal with america? Universal health care sounds good...?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Compassion, like religion is an individual belief that has no purpose in public policy.

If you want to be compassionate, by all means go donate every dollar to your name. Personally I donate (aka show some compassion) to the Wounded Warrior Project. Thats my individual choice. Government has no power nor obligation to be charitable.

Compassion should never be undermined or pushed aside for any reason. It is what separates us from beasts. And I dont mean the 4 legged kind.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Heres an idea. I know its extreme, but follow along.

They could:

Get rid of their luxuries (cell phone, eating out, etc etc. )

Find additional employment.

Lower their living expenses.

Be responsible with their finances and make responsible choices ( like not having kids they cant afford to care for)

Those are just a few of the options they have.

Take the OP for instance. He claims he cant afford health insurance, yet he pays an ISP for internet access so he can post here and whine about it.

Seems like internet access is more important than health insurance.

Some poor people dont have cell phones..I dont have one.

Some poor people are not able to work. Some work as much as able, seems the OP does work.

Maybe the OP doesnt have internet and uses the library.
There are just far too many instances that should be thought of before calling someone a parasite.
Its really not worth the debate..its beating a dead horse.
Nothing will get through to your heart until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty reply to post by Xtrozero Evolved Ministry Sorry for your loss.

How could you possibly be sorry for his friends death? You've got some nerve. You're not sorry. He didn't have adequate health insurance, so he deserved to die. He only made ten dollars an hour and made a poor choice not to have adequate health insurance. It's his own fault. You don't know
any other circumstances about this man, but that doesn't matter, does it?

Go on, admit it, you're really
thinking, " One down, a million more leeches to go."

How dare you offer your sympathies.

Your attitude has nothing to do with whether or not you might be 'forced' to pay extra in taxes.
There will always be some excuse why so and so will be considered a leech to you and in your opinion,
not worthy of medical care.

It has to do
with human compassion, which you have none of.

Your children must be extremely proud of you.

Yes, I have donated to charities.
Yes, I have worked in soup kitchens.
Yes, I have bought people diabetic supplies several times
Yes, I have bought baby formula for low income parent(s)
Yes, I have bought groceries for the hungry with food that I paid for more times than I can count.
Yes, I have taken in people down on their luck.
Yes, I have driven a hundred miles to bring food to a low income family.

I don't ask them to fill out a questionnaire to determine whether or not I deem them worthy of help.

But by your ideals, I'm stupid for being compassionate.

I know my children are proud of me.

I've said my peace and I'm done with this thread.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

Thank you Mr Griswold, its good to see another person on the side of human compassion!

Btw, love your av and was wondering if you plan on going back to Wally World anytime soon?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Compassion should never be undermined or pushed aside for any reason. It is what separates us from beasts. And I dont mean the 4 legged kind.

Compassion has no place in public policy. It is emotion based, not fact based no matter how much you disagree. Ever read anything in the Constitution about using public funds for compassionate causes?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Whether you like it or not, people on any form of public assistance meet the definition of a parasite. Calling them such may not be compassionate or politically correct, but its the truth no matter how ugly it is.

There was once a time when people were ashamed to be on welfare. That time needs to return. People should be ashamed of living off of others.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Compassion has no place in public policy. It is emotion based, not fact based no matter how much you disagree. Ever read anything in the Constitution about using public funds for compassionate causes?

Im assuming you are silicone based then, because humans cant turn emotions on and off.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Whether you like it or not, people on any form of public assistance meet the definition of a parasite. Calling them such may not be compassionate or politically correct, but its the truth no matter how ugly it is.

There was once a time when people were ashamed to be on welfare. That time needs to return. People should be ashamed of living off of others.

People are not ticks, fleas or parasites. Like I said, beating a dead horse. Its all bullocks!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

But...
Section 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and - general Welfare -of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

I don't there is anything more general about welfare then be sick or healthy

notice the first word in the definition

health, happiness and prosperity; contentment; aid, provided by a government, etc. to people in need, especially financial aid
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/welfare

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Grown ups know when to check their emotions at the door though.

Now, how about the Constitutional question I posed? Ever read anything in there that states government has the power to be compassionate with taxpayer money?

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join