It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 23, an American Citizen with government run health care.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by astrij

So we should add yet another unconstitutional disaster to the mix?

Not a good idea.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been brought up but its sad we let money control us to the point we let it turn us even more in-humane as ever. I mean not all but a good majority have had something we were addicted whether it was, drugs legal or illegal, tv, games, heck even this site could an addiction to the knowledge conspiracy seekers. just saying we all have a flaw and as much as we all say money is the root of all evil yet we still let it dictate and control all of our actions.
Just saying anyone of us can come up on those shortcomings as a lot of us have and are still going through it. sorry if Im bringing up old news.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Um, you are putting words in those who oppose you's mouth. And your argument of "not my tax dollars" and "leeches argument" bespeak of someone who does not care about their fellow man. Specifically those they catagorise as "leeches" and thusly lower than themselves. When at least a part of it is a simple case of circumstance.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Just because it offends your sensitivities doesnt mean they are not leeches.

Should I post the definition for you?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by astrij

So lets just be done with the Constitution then?

Just a damn piece of paper anyways from a bygone era..

Lets have a parade .. down PA Ave. in DC .. At the end we can put the damn document on the ground and let each member of the government take one final piss on our history and values.

We can then institute the Empire and crown Obama Emperor.

It's what Rome did. It's what America has done. Except our corruptors haven't the balls to publicly say the Republic died, and hide behind a document that few have ever read.

Your a wonderful example of why this Republic failed.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Once again inflating opponent's arguments.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Um, you are putting words in those who oppose you's mouth. And your argument of "not my tax dollars" and "leeches argument" bespeak of someone who does not care about their fellow man. Specifically those they catagorise as "leeches" and thusly lower than themselves. When at least a part of it is a simple case of circumstance.

Federal programs and state run benefit programs promote dependency.

Has nothing to do with "helping your fellow man" .. all the BS is bleeding heart liberal drivel .. the bill has nothing to do with "helping people" .. just power and money. Could a system work? Probably.. but imo it was be abused and destroyed by the likes of the OP, Illegals and and vast millions who pay little to no income tax.

Wanna be a Humanitarian Watcher? .. Donate to the many hundreds of private organizations that strive to better communities around the country. Don't come at me with the audacity to assume I "don't care about my fellow man" because I don't want some bureaucratic corrupted corporate sponsored health care package Fing up my country!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Anyone opposed to this bill is also guilty of the following:

Eating babies

All the masons are opposed to the bill?
That seems a little odd.

Kicking kittens

I for that too.

Slapping puppies..

Booerns!

Originally posted by TheAftermath

Just because it offends your sensitivities doesnt mean they are not leeches.

Should I post the definition for you?

Leeches help in

promoting healing by allowing fresh, oxygenated blood to reach the area until normal circulation can be restored. The leeches also secrete an anticoagulant (known as hirudin) that prevents the clotting of the blood.

So I guess you meant it as a medical thingie related to health care.

And here I was thinking you were needlessly insulting peeps for troll effect.

[edit on 16 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yet it works elsewhere. Largely because the beast that is the healthcare industry has been shackled for humanity as opposed to mankind being shackled for it's betterment. Which is what has been going on in America.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Not quite.

leeches, parasites, a drain on public resources, etc etc.

Just because you dont like it doesnt make it untrue.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by astrij

So lets just be done with the Constitution then?

Just a damn piece of paper anyways from a bygone era..

Lets have a parade .. down PA Ave. in DC .. At the end we can put the damn document on the ground and let each member of the government take one final piss on our history and values.

We can then institute the Empire and crown Obama Emperor.

It's what Rome did. It's what America has done. Except our corruptors haven't the balls to publicly say the Republic died, and hide behind a document that few have ever read.

Your a wonderful example of why this Republic failed.

Actually, I thought that I had made it clear that I did not agree with the usurpation of America's constitution. I was stating that over the last several decades, the government has done just that, yet the one instance in which a fairly substantial portion of the US populace might actually benefit from a change in regards to what was written many many years ago, is what has caused such a sudden uproar amongst a segment of American society.

I just think it strange that a policy that seems to benefit so many, would be the straw that broke the camels back. As opposed to the real crimes that were committed against the US constitution in which very few Americans benefited.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by astrij

Then you would have noticed the continued outcry of the various activities the Gov does that violates the Constitution?

reply to post by schrodingers dog

All the masons are opposed to the bill?
That seems a little odd.

Oh HA ... HA ... a Mason joke how clever...

Someone said a page back you owe me an Apple?

I agree. Except... in America even if this bill passes........

It won't change any of what you said. It won't be a Canadian style health care system.. it will be a pseudo Fascist American system where we will still have Insurance. Only cheap crappy government insurance now.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Health care is not a right. Healthcare is a science developed by man. It's science leveraged by technology that is paid for with money. Any science and technology costs money. Just because the science exists doesn't mean it belongs to everyone and the labor of applying that science should be free.

My paycheck is mine. I am not obligated to share it with anyone. The government forcibly takes their 'taste' of my salary before I can get my share of my paycheck. I am not obligated to share my hard earned salary with beggars, drug addicts, or others.

There are 140 Million employed people in the US.
There are 305 Million people living in the US.
How much of the salary of the 140 Million people will it take to pay the medical bills of 305 Million?

What if healthcare becomes a legal human right?
There are 2.1 Billion people in China.
There are 1.9 Billion people in India.

Are we 140 Million people going to pay for the rest of the world?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath
reply to post by Chronogoblin

What could be better? How about getting to keep the fruits of your labor and not having them stolen and redistributed to others.

Well that's just not very realistic. You have everything you 'have' taken away from you all the time, I was talking about the lesser of two evils, see my other post. The point is, if your going to lose it, and you will, unless you move to a deserted island in the middle of nowhere and try to make it work, you might as well put it someplace where it will do a modicum of good.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I can afford health insurance for my family. Not being forced to subsidize those who cant does me a modicum of good

[edit on 16-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Do you honestly expect the beast that the American Healthcare "Industry" has become to be reigned in over night?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I would welcome doing away with money period and thusly bills.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I almost vomited when I read this CNN article.. (there's fresh 'love juice' all over it, beware.. )

In an unexpectedly personal moment during a town hall meeting Saturday, President Obama invoked the death of his grandmother as he took to task critics of overhauling health care.

"I know what it's like to watch somebody you love, who's aging, deteriorate, and have to struggle with that," Obama said, pausing at times to finish his sentence.

I find it especially funny how they include his "pauses" as implying it was hard to talk about (which if it were true he finds everything hard to talk about).

"What you can't do -- or you can, but you shouldn't -- is start saying things like we want to set up 'death panels' to pull the plug on grandma," he said, referring to rumors earlier this week that a health care bill passed by a House committee included setting up so-called "death panels" to decide whether senior citizens get treatment.

To be fair this time he caught the authoritarian comment right after he said it..... kinda.

A few pages back a member was kind enough to post an interview with Obama at a town hall were Obama told a lady that under his plan the doctors would have told her mother that "perhaps pain medication" would be better than surgery (which saved her life)................................................................

"This is a legitimate debate to have. All I'm saying is, though, that the public option, whether we have it or we don't have it, is not the entirety of health care reform. This is just one sliver of it, one aspect of it. And by the way, it's both the right and the left that have become so fixated on this that they forget everything else," he said.

Last I checked this 1,200 page bill pretty much overhauls the entire industry..

And finally:

Obama told the mostly supportive audience that an overhaul of health care policy will protect people with insurance from the "arbitrary" policies of the insurance industry while lowering their health care expenses.

Proof Obama never studied economics.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

That's true. Don't get me wrong, I don't wholeheartedly agree with gov. run healthcare, I have seen some of the downsides personally. But, having said that, I can count quite a few people in both friends and family that don't have any kind of healthcare at all. If I have to pay a bit more in taxes so that they could see the inside of a clinic or hospital, then I would. One of them is a diabetic, and he has the hardest time getting to the free clinic to get what he needs. Seems like the response to things like that is "Life's hard" or somesuch. I feel that if we can't help our neighbors out even a little bit, then why are we even calling ourselves a country? If it is You vs. Your Neighbors, then what's the point of calling them your neighbors at all? It seems like a lot of people consider other Americans the enemy, and I just can't comprehend that. "It's me and mine, and maybe some of my friends, and EFF everyone else." I may be wrong, but, that seems to be what's implied in a few of these posts.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Do you honestly expect the beast that the American Healthcare "Industry" has become to be reigned in over night?

Seeing as our country leans on Fascist ideology of merging mega corporation and state together, I expect that eventually there will be no difference between the "Industry" and the "State"..

It's like the banks.. who owns the banks, the banks or the State, and who owns the State, the State or the Banks? What's the difference, they own each other in a perverted econo-political 69 of debt and ownership.

I can't wait for the State to manipulate our health care AND our 401k's!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join