It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 23, an American Citizen with government run health care.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

Hmm so now you have to pay a certain type of taxes to be considered, what, deserving? Worthy? As if anyone was UNdeserving. Please. No one is better than anyone else, regardless. Those who would put themselves upon a pedestal or look down on others need to realize that they bleed red just like everybody else. That whole attitude is one of the diseases that infect modern humanity.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

and you missed 28 pages worth of discussion before you popped in to make a statement, not knowing that it was well addressed already.

welcome to the thread

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well considering sales taxes have nothing to do with healthcare, the OP's argument of "well I pay taxes!!!!!!" is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Sokay Chrono ...

We established earlier that redhatty is actually putting up a tough front to hide and protect what are very tender and sensitive feelingz inside.

He's been hurt before, that much is for sure.

We've agreed that healthcare reform is a worthy ambition, we've also agreed that we can do better than any of the bills before us.

What we haven't discussed yet is how we will choose if if we have to pick between the lesser of two evils. Namely, a poorly conceived and run government option which will cost too much but save lives, or what we have now.

I'm for the former, if I had to guess rh is for the latter ...

But I'm still working on him.

[edit on 16 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

and you missed 28 pages worth of discussion before you popped in to make a statement, not knowing that it was well addressed already.

welcome to the thread

Edited my previous post.

reply to post by TheAftermath

I appreciate that view, but that doesn't really preclude what I said. A lot of people seem to think that folks aren't good enough to be an indirect recipient of their tax dollars. What could be better, I would ask? Better than war, right? Better spent possibly saving lives? Better spent on your neighbors, as opposed to spent in some government black project, or underground research base with no accountability. I really can't figure out why so many people are railing against this, but hardly say a peep about the two wars we're fighting against... who was it again? Can anyone remember?

Chrono

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Now that's the real dilemma right? But why does it always seem to come down to the lesser of two evils? Everywhere you look, there it is. In politics, in corporations, in law-enforcement, etc. Still trying to wrap my mind around it all.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What could be better? How about getting to keep the fruits of your labor and not having them stolen and redistributed to others.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Sorry, what country were you living in from 2002-2005?

Do you not remember the size and scope of all the protests?

We did rail against the war, we railed against the bailout bill, we railed against the Stimulus, we railed against cap & trade and we railed against the bailouts of the auto industry.

Where were you?

Apparently not part of the people trying to keep government spending in check, huh?

If you weren't paying attention, I really can't help you to realize that this is just another time where we are trying to keep the government in check.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

hurt before

I have a rear orifice that the government has violated so many times in the past year that... well I'll stop there

Ya know Sdog, I could easily see an "interim compromise" of offering medicaid to all unemployed, uninsured US Citizens NOW while the .gov gets around to working out a REAL reform bill that will be acceptable to both sides of the aisle.

Of course, the .gov might have to stop some other pork projects to help subsidize the states for the costs, or reallocate stimulus funding to subsidize them.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here is why I have no sympathy for the OP.

I've been on the system and recived medi-cal (CA's version of medicaid) but I didn't look it as a God given right, in fact I found it degrading.
I got hooked on sleeping pills after a 9 day hospital stay, that were given to me because I kept ripping out my I.V. and trying to leave so I could get back to work. It took a while to realize I was hooked, but once I did, I quit cold turkey. Not only that but I had a wake up call and realized I had to get off all pharmisuticals (yeah, I know I can't spell tonight) I went compleatly holistic. If I do have a serious injury, I'll make payments.
Are there people out there who need help? absoulutly, but we need to be more selective.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

So how many apples did Rockpuck get, Schrod? I'm just curious.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

all of them; you know how rockpuck is

redistrubution of wealth rockpuck.......errrrr I mean government style

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

All Your Apples Are Belong To ME!

(Though I would prefer a pear......)

My hard earned apples, no one else getin any of em.. go get your own. Think they grow on trees or something?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by iamjesusphish

So, YOUR BAD CHOICES have been subsidized by my taxes.

You CHOSE to do drugs, and this caused health problems, but MY TAXES are paying for your rehab and your medical treatment.

Of course you want to keep your free health care going, Me and the rest of the american tax-payers are paying your bills!!!!!

America really has become a nation of leeches, your post is just another example of that.

Gee - you must the first sinless person since Jesus Christ.....never made a major mistake in your life - your perfection overwhelms me..."Let him without sin cast the first stone"....

OMG - YOUR taxes went to help a person survive death and get his life straight - that must have hurt you soooo much....

Honestly all sarcasm aside - I do not get, do not understand the smallness of heart , of compassion, the lack of human decency that exudes from folks like poison gas in this country - you convinced yourselves that all your money[and money seems to be your god] is going to people who are cheating you somehow when that is not the case...You have been sold a bill of goods by the GOP and the right wing which is so corrosive and vile that we now have the polarization which we see at the Townhall meetings and all over the media as well as on this site...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

How many hours of work a week do you demand that I devote to contributing to people's expenses?

Is money of more importance to you than the lives of your fellow human beings?

In America especially, it seems like this is an unfortunate reality. Is it your tax dollars that you are worried about? Why is it that there was very little mention of the trillions of dollars that were allocated to rich corporate bankers who turned around and gave themselves bonuses. As if they weren't already well off already.

Why is it that many Americans seem to show no concern over the fact that they assist in funding the worlds largest military? In fact, you spend more than every other nation on earth combined. Yet, this fact doesn't seem to bother many of you.

However, when it comes to helping your fellow Americans who may not be able to afford health insurance, or receive adequate health care treatment, you take to the streets in a fit of anger?

Why is it that anyone who cannot afford health insurance or may not be as well off as you are personally, is referred to as a leech or a drain on American society?

The majority of these people bust their asses working but do not earn enough to qualify for insurance coverage. These same people all pay taxes just like you do.

Were you also aware that many wealthy Americans take advantage of all the loopholes, legal and otherwise that their attorneys/accountants inform them of?

Remember Obama wanted to access the names of wealthy Americans who were hiding large portions of their wealth in Swiss bank accounts so that they could escape paying taxes like middle and lower class Americans do?

Why is there no condemnation or outrage over these issues? Why is that only the less well off financially are focused upon in your country, and looked upon with such disdain?

Believe it or not, the lives of all citizens of a given country can be improved via taxation. It benefits everybody. It can provide a higher standard of living.
Just look to Scandinavian countries as an example of this. We Canadians, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand are also quite well of, and quite frankly, very few of us believe ourselves to be indentured servants of the state.

I would discuss the issue of actual freedom but that is off topic, therefore, I will stop my post here.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by astrij

Using tax dollars to fund healthcare is unconstitutional.

Case closed.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I am sympathetic to those who've suffered pill addictions. My ex-husband is a wonderful large equipment mechanic with severe nerve damage in his hands and forearms.

Addiction became one hell of a monkey on his back. And the longer you take them, the more you have to take for the prescriptions to work. It got to the point he couldn't function without them, even when he wasn't working - ie, the monkey didn't take a day off.

But, when it comes to the HC I'm hearing about, and really disagreeing with, is the possibility of pills over surgery.

Since when should people be given pills to feed possible problems on the horizon when surgery could fix the problem without prolongued pill usage?

Further, I don't like a whole committee calling those shots for me - surgery, or endless pills - when it should be my decision to make.

Especially since we've established some pills are highly addictive, and shouldn't be given or taken like tictacs.

Didn't mean to ramble. Just don't want us to become even more of a pill-poppin' zombie nation - for all of our sakes.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by astrij

Is money of more importance to you than the lives of your fellow human beings?

Yes. That's exactly it.

Anyone opposed to this bill is also guilty of the following:

Eating babies
Kicking kittens
Slapping puppies..

Rotten to the core, the whole lot of us.

Now please, read pages 2-30 of the thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath
reply to post by astrij

Case closed.

PER THE TENTH AMENDMENT FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT CONSTITUTIONALLY INCLINED..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath
reply to post by astrij

Case closed.

The patriot act is unconstitutional. The federal reserve is unconstitutional. The lack of representation should be unconstitutional. Pandering to corporations should be unconstitutional. All of these issues and more received barely a whisper from the majority of Americans.

Why the sudden outrage about the state's usurpation of the constitution in regards to health care reform that would actually benefit millions of American's? The disrespect for the constitution by your government has been ongoing for decades now and has been given very little, if any attention.

Well, very little attention other than from us "kooks" here at ATS of course.

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join