It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 23, an American Citizen with government run health care.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

lol take a a quick look at my stab ... my quote is based on what the government said it would cost divided by the number of legal american citizens there are thought to be... if you ask me its pretty accurate especially if the goverment pitches a 1 trillion dollar pricetag ... its going to be 10trillion at the end of the year

[edit on 15-8-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

8% is outlined IN THE BILL as a penalty to EMPLOYERS. business and personal taxes are different.
It's like talking to a 10 year old...

The PERSONAL taxes will increase 5-10% (Obama's words not mine) in the form of a new Tax Column (like Medicare and Social Security) on Gross Income (pre-tax).

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Oh save your "You just dont get it" for someone who cares. I was responding to your silly ploy of foisting Jesus into the discussion.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Because we live in a democracy, if this passes, then it means we wanted it.

Otherwise, just admit to the world that the U.S. is ruled by an oligarchy like any other nation.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

The government should bill Jesus for healthcare reform .... (though i hear thats how the apocalypse starts)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

One month later you have a serious medical issue that needs to be dealt with immediately, and you suddenly realize you have no health care. As you are in between jobs. Because of this your family is now forced into bankruptcy.

If you used your COBRA insurance that wouldn't have been a problem, would it?

If you can't understand how universal health is the golden rule then I am sorry but you have zero empathy for you fellow man.

And those that support it appear to have absolutely no understanding of economics.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

Yet you totally ignore the rest of my logical argument.

I even gave you a scripture too, like you asked for.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I also find it interesting the no one commented on my post and yet I have first hand experience of universal heath care and how well it it works.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

That's like saying we all wanted the Patriot Act, or to go to War, or the Bailouts..

They all passed, legally, in Congress. Polls show the vast majority of Americans don't support any of it. The Republic died, Special Interest reins supreme.

link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Because we live in a democracy, if this passes, then it means we wanted it.

Otherwise, just admit to the world that the U.S. is ruled by an oligarchy like any other nation.

That would only apply if it went to a public vote.

That won't happen, it will be congress who decides.

We saw how well they listened to the populace on the Bailout Bill

link   

Originally posted by Pathos

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
A simple question for our conservative, libertarian, anti hc bill friends ...

You are poor, (knock on wood) you become gravely ill, do you take government health care or do you choose to die for your principles?

If you choose the later you are most probably either a liar or will change your mind when the day comes, if you chose the former you are a hypocrite.

I live free with an understanding of my personal responsibilities, which also include the consequences of the choices I make. I will die free.

Since you typed it I will believe you ...

Except ...

What does "personal responsibility" have to do with being 30 and getting breast cancer?

"Let them die" I hear you say.

Social Darwinism is soooo 1940's..

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I whole heartedly agree its not about how we are mean people who dont want people to be healthy and taken care of ... my beef at least is that the sheer amount that this is going to cost will put us back into another recession ... taxing business and the worker/consumer game over economy

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And those that support it appear to have absolutely no understanding of economics.

Really so countries like Canada and Australia and all these European nations are economic fools?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Really so countries like Canada and Australia and all these European nations are economic fools?

Yep, well no one wants to hear what i have to say. I'm an Aussie.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The deductions will already be in your taxes. It won't be noticed by 95% of people.

I sincerely hope the rest of you are able to keep your money. If I ever have to rely on the government for my healthcare, which but for the grace of God go I, I wouldn't want to swallow an aspirin I know you had contributed to.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I will be supporting being given an option to pay for this reform. Maybe something like that would satisfy all of us.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This video from a Townhall is where I learned about Jim Demitt's Senate Bill that I referenced above.

www.govtrack.us...
Senate Bill 1324

This video is funny because the Townhall's Congresswoman, a Democrat, cancelled her appearance at the last minute.

So a US Marine who is running against her in 2010 ran the meeting instead.

You'll get to see the usual ignorance of the Obama-supporters too.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
For many years, I worked in medical practice management. Not working as a manager, but working with various doctors and clinics as a management consultant. Everyone needs to be VERY SCARED of the program proposed by Zero and his friends in the Congress.

The proposed legislation DOES NOTHING to address the REAL problems that plague the American health care system. There is nothing to reform the insane system of medical malpractice and the insane settlements which have sent malpractice insurance rates through the roof. The other thing that sadly I have to mention is that after many years in the business, I only met two doctors that I can say without any doubt were in medicine because they had a driving urge to be doctors. All the rest were there strictly for the money and for the most part viewed their practice as cash machines. This is a systemic problem that goes back to the medical schools and their refusal to train adequate numbers of docs.

If we had a system where at the time you start your first job you select an insurance company that you stay with your entire life and goes with you no matter where you work... with the government "filling in" the rough times, it would be a first step toward curing the system.

Government run health care will kill people.. and bankrupt the nation.. because it is supporting a totally broken and unworkable system.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

If you read the thread friend, almost everyone here agreed that the "idea" of health care assistance in cases where its DESERVED is fine.. but how can you have a system that helps support good folk who fall on hard times, like a mother who gets breast cancer at 30, while not having leaching scum use the system to get high on pain meds?

You can't. The many spoil it for the few unfortunately..

If we have the Government plan the good people that deserve to be helped will get crappy care and high taxes while Mexicans and Degenerates leach the system dry.

I reserve no hope for Government.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Look at australias gdp ... worse than mexico's, and europe does fine im sure due to the fact that they are a conglomerate of countries ... now admit you know nothing about economics

edit to add worse than mexico in gdp and gnp

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by swinggal

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Yep, well no one wants to hear what i have to say. I'm an Aussie.

Hi It's not that we're not interested, it's just that our countries are so dissimiliar that there really isn't anything that you guys are doing that would work over here.

We're 300+ Million unhealthy stubborn people with a limited Federal Govt that is legally prohibited from taking over the sector.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join