It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 23, an American Citizen with government run health care.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

Does it tell you something when Obama was asked if his family would transfer thier health care over to the new national health care program when available, and he blantly ignored the question at the last town hall meeting. Or does is tell you something when you find out that all federal employees are exempt from this health care plan. This is fact - and if this health care is good enough for you and me it should certainly be good enough for all federal employees - right?

Another thing that a lot of us are worried about is the health insurance companies raising the deductable on individual policies. I and my wife have a $1,000 deductable - what if it went to $3,000? That would hurt us like many Americans. You see it isn't as simple as Obama is saying it is. And believe me it will cost all of us dearly. When Obama and the US Congress say they will take the same health care plan as my wife and I - I will be all for it. What do you think the odds of that happening is? LOL

All of us baby boomers are starting to retired and they see a problem and a opportunity. They will not be able to contain themselves - they will want to steal some Social Security from all the baby boomers - directly or indirectly of course. It is called instant gratification in the business world and called spreading the wealth in the government world.

I don't think there is anyone who doesn't think that our congress and the insurance companies are in this together - and it is not for the masses benefit. Also - let's not forget that everything our government touches has turn to you know what.

P.S. Are you aware that there will also be 45 new government agencies - probably run by Acorn LOL What a joke Acorn is.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You have to see it from a different point of view. The rich will always be rich. The rich in this country employ the rest of us. When you take the from, they simply take from you. This could be in the form of salary decreases, firing/not hiring people and loss of other benefits.

The rich will always make that money back the gov. takes from them in one way or another. As for me....I just want to go to my job, make money, and have the gov. take the least amount out of each check as possible.

I mean I don't get why people can't get insurance, even places like Walmart, Mcdonalds, KFC all have private insurance plans, 401ks, profit sharing for their employees. People who don't want to work shouldn't be allowed the same perks as the rest of us. And the people who don't work ruin it for the rest of you.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear about your problems but very happy to see you conquered them. Well at least the last 2 years have been a success. Hope you can keep it up

I'm from South Africa so I don't understand the problems you guys are facing as a nation. One thing I have seen a lot of is change though. People are always going to oppose change regardless of the benefits.

Also always see people complaining about the NWO or a One World Economy. I don't think its fair that my sweat costs any less than that of a Americans or Europeans but hey, its the nature of the beast. You guys should all just be happy that you were priviliged(sp) enough to be born in that awesome country.

Again congratulations on defeating your demons

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
Wow, so many stars for this statement. It makes me very sad to think so many people on these forums lack enough compassion to save human life.

I understand but it makes me extremely sad and almost sick.

Your MONEY is more important than human life?

Didn't make it through the rest of the thread did you? I worked in health care for over 12 years. My job was to save lives.

But...

I live a moderately successful life in Louisiana. Why should any portion of my taxes have to enable the bad choices of someone who lives in New York?

Why shouldn't it be MY CHOICE to give to organizations here that provide charity health care in my own state?

What gives you or the government the right to decide that any portion of my income HAS to provide pills for a person to become addicted to and then the treatment to cure that same addiction?

Why should you or the government decide that any portion of my income has to go towards enabling some welfare mom to have yet another child she can't afford?

What do you suggest I tell my own children that they have to go without so that someone else can have something they have never earned?

Why do you want to steal from me the money I earn, from my own labors?

What gives you that right?

Why should those of us who manage to plan ahead, pay our bills, and be successful have our gains diminished to provide for people who do not plan ahead, pay their bills or have success?

How are you going to feel when it is YOUR money being stolen from you to provide for someone else?

I see a whole bunch of people criticizing my words, but tell me, how many of those critics give to charity now? And how many of those critics are already stealing from the people who produce in this country?

Because if you take something from me, without my consent, that IS THEFT, whether the "you" is the .gov or someone picking my pocket. The end result is the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am curious OP?

Where do you live - alone or with your parents?
What kind of Min Wage Job do you have?
What level of education? High School, college etc?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

, but we don't need to tear apart the current system to do it.

All SIX bills and their components are based upon the current system which is already in place. The entire delivery system is the same less the profit motive of a Corporation.

Blaine, I have read your posts for a while now, you seem to be a reasonable guy who marches to his own beat... So it hard for me to see you make such an uninformed statement, it makes me cringe frankly. The industry is spending massive money targeting to spread disinformation and here is the fruits of their labor. A huge aspect
to all of these proposals is to curtail waste, fraudulent practices and to strengthen patient rights. Much of the funding for (once again) all of the proposals comes from
strengthening laws, technology and cutting out the middle man...ie
CEOS
CFOS
REAL ESTATE
ADVERTISING
BONUSES
JUNKETS
STIPENDS
LAWYERS
ETC...

The rest of you post ran off and was based upon this initial falsehood,,,

The high costs we face will nearly double every decade and after three will move towards tripling...

From a fiscal side it would make more sense to eliminate the waste mentioned in the list, then there is another list of practices that are wasteful...

BTW the public option is a POOL, which would allow small business owners and individuals to by into larger groups, by the numbers diminishing risk, lowering the by in price.

What you and many seem to perceive is a distortion of the truth which reads like the PR firm strategies/writing/talking points ------- hired by the industry

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
To so many of you here on this board I just want to thank you.

I can't begin to tell you what your posts have done to me. Thank you soo much for opening my eyes to true wisdom. I admit, I have been living in the dark. Thank you for showing me the way.

Generous and wise teachings, and not just on taxes and health care mind you, for this tells so much more about humanity. Your's shines through so much here it is almost blinding. It's like a lesson in philosophy.

Now I realize I don't have to continue to treat human beings like human beings. Why did I ever do that? What a waist of my energy! I could be treating them like cockroaches. Tell them to get the heck out of my life. I won't tolerate them, and I won't spend another quarter on them. Except towards a can of bug spray, and I wouldn't even have to spend that if the vile little things would learn to commit suicide! (The cockroaches, I mean, my eyes have only been opened a few minutes, I'm not as advanced in this as you guys are).

I wonder, is there a way to determine which part of the Interstate my tax money went towards building? Because I don't even want them driving over MY part. (You guys know what I mean, huh?) (Of course they are probably too lazy to drive anyway.)

But again, thank you so much for introducing me to what's really, really, important in life when it's all said and done. I can go to meet my maker and be proud that I learned the truth.

What's important in life: Well money of course. More specifically MY money. Doesn't matter if it's only a couple of bucks per person (if that,) like we are talking about here.
I don't care what's right or wrong anymore. Just let me keep my money.

To you know who: I'm loving the yingie yangie thingie

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mappam
I am curious OP?

My question is mappam is

Do you have a condom big enough to fit over your ears?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
the reality is that American culture simply lacks compassion. The WHOLE SYSTEM is messed up. ALways has been and always will be. In the same country where Rumsfield announces they can't "track" 2 TRILLION dollars of taxpayer money, and can easily press a button on a machine to get it back, somehow we actually believe theres a relationship between the money they steal from us and call a payment, and the money that pays for healthcare.

and then on top of that find a way to make us argue with EACHOTHER instead of the ones causing the root of the whole problem.

I gotta say, if illuminati ever gave out applications, id fill one out, my fellow americans are way too easily controlled. I'd rather be on the side that has common sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 11b1p

i do have to give you credit though, you at least have a job, and want a better job. keep your head up, you will get there.

Yes he will, still it must be hard for young people, after they turn 18 and thrown out into the world by their parents, to try and get an education, pay for a place to live, have a car, pay for insurance, afford gas, buy food, and pay for some type of health care. The 18 to say 23 year old, with no education or just high school, can only get low paying jobs. Yes, life is tough and cruel, I just think that some people deserve a break. The ones who work and are responsible. Not the lazy, suck off the Govt. types. I pay for my health care and work hard. I don't feel I should subsidize anyone. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by mappam
I am curious OP?

My question is mappam is

Do you have a condom big enough to fit over your ears?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by mental modulator]

Sorry I don't understand your question???

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I agree with what you are saying, but I get a refund and it isn't near the amount I pay in! I still consider myself a taxpayer.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
reply to post by redhatty

I think the fact that we all pay taxes in our Countries mean we all chip in for the greater good (what ever it is). Medicaid or not you will still be paying same amount of taxes.

In Canada we pay a lot of taxes which evens out the costs for everyone. Welfare, medical etc. we pay it whether we use it or not. Same with Unemployment Insurance, we pay into it all our working lives but no refund if we never have to use it. I think we should be able to get a refund every 10 years of steady work. How say you all?

Actually, the Government is bankrupt. And the credit card statements are getting more and more expensive. The minimum payments are crowding out everything else.

Here's just the payment for the INTEREST on the debt the past year:

Interest Expense Fiscal Year 2009
July $19,812,486,187.83
June $106,612,310,280.24
May $20,600,287,859.26
April $24,846,792,476.82
March $19,829,502,464.91
February $10,311,076,391.59
January $ 3,132,139,257.38
December $97,775,030,034.07
November $18,558,733,892.95
October $18,984,305,636.29

Fiscal Year Total $340,462,664,481.34

And the debt this stupid govt is issuing is more and more of the short-term type, meaning, it wont have 30 years to pay off a bond, it will have 3 years.

So the turn around of those buying govt debt and the govt having to pay back the principle is increasing rapidly.

For instance , in 1999, the Fed Got had to finance a total of 17 Trillion in debt issuance, and it had to pay out 16 Trillion in Redemptions

In 2008, it had to issue 43 Trillion , with redemptions of 42 Trillion.

In 2009 YTD , its 45 Trillion issued, 43 Trillion in redemptions.

www.treasurydirect.gov...

And this insane Govt keeps loading more and more debt onto the budget.

Obama is deliberately trying to destroy the currency and economy.. ala Cloward-Piven strategy.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

then you are a tax payer. But because of the guidelines for qualifying for MEDICAID, a person receiving medicaid is pretty much guaranteed to receive every penny they pay in back. If they have kids, they can get even more than they pay in back.

That is not a true taxpayer.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
reply to post by Pathos

We are also a so-called self-aware species. We exist in a collective set of interactions. Yes there are individuals in the collective, but the collective exists as a combination of these individual beliefs and actions. Now, in the process of evolving, there is also intense need for conscious evolution. The last 6000 years and even further back have been the age of divide and conquer, the age of slavery, the age of domination and manipulation, the age of conquer and deception. A warring self-eating society. Conscious evolution would dictate that the species as a collective would eventually realize that all built on these foundations of quicksand falls back into from whence it came. People become self-aware of the nature of power and control, and ironically, those very egos of control and power merely for the sake of continuation of power and control, they "realize" that they are not in fact aware, but merely machinations. We will realize the profound underpinnings, the roots feeding our trees. Conscious evolution dictates that we end this game, and that we see the game that naturally arises beyond the current boundaries. It is a much better "game," I assure you.

What do you think all of the wars were fought over? If you were to walk down a street in Iran holding a sign that says, "I'm an American", what do you think would happen?

One of the greatest ironies that lead to the dissolving of Rome was complacency. Their so called conscious evolution lead them to be destroyed by a small army. People believed they were evolutionarily superior to the opposition, and that they did not need a strong set of defenses. Citizens felt that invaders would see fruit in their lifestyle, and then they would automatically assimilate into the collective. As a result of feeling benevolent, they set forth a string of events that contributed to their demise. Even though Rome was made up of a larger population, the smaller and stronger willed invaders conquered them. Humans are driven to find more resources to survive. If they are not able to evolve with the environment, they will perish foolishly by being complacent.

When it comes to health insurance, the health care system needs to make more options. If there are more low-cost options available, more people will be able to buy their own insurance. Providing lazy people with insurance will weaken the gene pool, and our society will be slowly overcome by a stronger force. It is inevitable.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Pathos]

link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by 11b1p

i do have to give you credit though, you at least have a job, and want a better job. keep your head up, you will get there.

Yes he will, still it must be hard for young people, after they turn 18 and thrown out into the world by their parents, to try and get an education, pay for a place to live, have a car, pay for insurance, afford gas, buy food, and pay for some type of health care. The 18 to say 23 year old, with no education or just high school, can only get low paying jobs. Yes, life is tough and cruel, I just think that some people deserve a break. The ones who work and are responsible. Not the lazy, suck off the Govt. types. I pay for my health care and work hard. I don't feel I should subsidize anyone. Just my 2 cents...

fair enough, yet you already do pay for Them, tis built into your premium, so you already do subsidize. And you pay for the costs of the 30,000 who eventually dies every year because of delayed treatment, final stage treatment is the most expensive kind by 10 - 20 times (opposed to non fatal). Much of the proposals are in the form of restructuring, technology and laws, which shut down current wasteful loopholes...
You also pay for that as of current... Not to mention a TOP heavy boards which runs
$500,000,000.00 plus with some of the larger companies, a couple billion on marketing and advertising....

link   
What is with all these people blathering about how compassionate they are because they want to tax everyone to death.

And then seeing the opposition to that, they declare "compassion is dead".

Get off your ass, and go spread your compassion to a real human being.. that is , after all, what most of us who resent the Slavery is Compassion health care plan do.

It is in fact a sign of a souless compassionlessness to wipe your hands and say "well the Govt is taking care of that problem... I am now moral and better than everyone and won't do a thing to concretely help anyone"

Putting the most at-risk people in the hands of the Govt is about the most abusive thing you can do to anyone.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think I don't have rights to preach about how your (US) health care should be run, but for god's sake you are all human beings no matter how many AUDI TT's you drive.

Some say here they need that money for their family, food and clothes... Some say they don't like to be forced to pay, some say money is going to mafia (?!). Are you that absorbed into your material ways?

I pay about 30% of my earnings to government of which more than half is for health care for which almost every citizen is eligible. Yearly that sums up to about one (a really big) plasma TV. And you know what, knowing (personally) how many people had their cancer treated I don't want that Plasma TV.
But I know many here would better want a bigger TV for their families instead.

And about money going to criminals... I assure you that criminals get their money one way or another, for what price they get it is their own choice but they'll get it. You can fight those criminals, or DO NOTHING, you chose to do nothing and also let others have mercy upon sick people.

I know many who don't give anything to beggars because they are essentially "bad people". Some also think charity companies and organizations are corrupt and should not be given money, but people who give them money are at least doing SOMETHING.

I see many here talk about utopian governments and social structures, but don't realize how much they got absorbed into materialistic (or "capitalist" or "monetary") way of life. Being human is for these people "socialism", "marxism" and whatnot, so what if it is?

I don't want to present any political ideology of mine, but I only want to try and make some people aware of how greedy they have become. Does it have to take one "will of god" event to show many how wrong we all are? When I read this thread and how many stars people give, it makes me also fully understand why some people WANT a major catastrophe to happen...

Once again please don't just ignore what I have to say but open your heart and, I guess you can try and think today as if it would be your last day. Some bitterly say now "screw people" but many change that idea when they face death, however harsh that may sound.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Now, this is going into new territory. Should being permitted to have a family be based on income? Should people who make minimum wage be discouraged from having a family?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Rockpuck

Now, this is going into new territory. Should being permitted to have a family be based on income? Should people who make minimum wage be discouraged from having a family?

If you shrink the future tax base and human resource supply, then you are sabotaging your future.

I think in the future, things like birth control and abortion will enter the realm of national security.

But we're decades from that. I know that will sound like a nutty idea now.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join