It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Telescope image: Orion Nebula artifact convinces me of ET existance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm the original poster and agree that in high probability that this is indeed a NATURAL phenomena ... which means I'm back on the fence once more !

Let's just allow this thread to die a natural death .....

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There is another dark artifact, to the left of the one in question.(full zoom)
Also another slightly left and directly above, closer to the top of the image. (again, full zoom)
I think some of the theories are supported by this artifact, lending credence to the notion that this is a proto-formation of some kind.
My ethereal side however suggests that this is indeed something else entirely.

Great find.
~~~

[edit on 8/15/2009 by reticledc]

[edit on 8/15/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Personally, What my eye's see ( i know i'm gonna get shot down for this one) But what i think it could posibly be is the start of a black hole or maybe a work hole and what that glow maybe is the remnant's of the star dying...

-Just my 2 penny's

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus13
reply to post by tauristercus

Personally, What my eye's see ( i know i'm gonna get shot down for this one) But what i think it could posibly be is the start of a black hole or maybe a work hole and what that glow maybe is the remnant's of the star dying...

-Just my 2 penny's

This has already been identified in this thread (and by astronomers) as a protoplanetary disk, or "proplyd", which is a disk of dense gas and dust that will perhaps one day form a solar system.

Our solar system probably looked like this 5 billion years ago.

Here's a link on the hubble site about it:
hubblesite.org...

Here's another site that discusses other proplyds in the Orion Nebula:
www.oarval.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
proto planetary disks are usually bright and larger.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
proto planetary disks are usually bright and larger.

en.wikipedia.org...

This one is being viewed edge-on, therefore the star inside is being blocked by all of the dust (and is therefore blocked-out by the dust). Because of our edge-on view, we are looking through the thickest portion of the dust cloud, therefore it looks darker than the rest of the nebula.

This is just like when we see a galaxy edge-on, such as this one:
www.samsastro.com...
Because we are looking edge-wise through "all" of the dust, it is relatively darker than the surrounding material, thus it looks darker.

As for the size...The particular proplyd (proto-planetary disk) mentioned in the OP is 17 times as large as our solar system, so I wouldn't agree with your assertion that it's too small to be a proplyd.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
there are things called Globules which are just thick blobs of gas

hubblesite.org...
hubblesite.org...

I'm pretty sure this is what you are seeing, they are all over nebulas.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Considering that we don´t even know a hole lot about our own planet...whats the thing you point at on your picture?

Assuming it´s....?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

good example, thanks.

Jeeze those clouds can get thick.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The distances are vast so if they were ships......the second one looks a though it could be a hole in the gaseous cloud

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Great find!! S&F

That is so strange. I look into it and it's just so.... black, like a void. Black enough to block every bit of light from the star.
I wonder what the universe looks like now, in real time. All we can see is the past. I know that helps us understand it all better, but I wish I could see what looks right now.

Thanks for posting this, I am even more amazed.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A quick observation from me. When I read the official description of the "disk's" size as 17 times that of our solar system, that number stood out.

In the occult, 17 is the number attributed to Osiris, the god of the dead. If it's true that TPTB dabble in this and use numbers as codes like some say, could this be a subtle message that this "disk" is a weapon?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
could this be the Rama spacecraft ?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well I am really just at a loss here that no one has brought this up. First of all, what is this supposed to convince you of? If it is close to the nebula, this is an "object" of astronomical proportions (ie: think galaxies in size). If it is between Hubble and the nebula, somewhere in between, are we supposed to assume this is a "ship" captured like a snapshot?!

The Hubble telescope electronically images "photographs". They are never a snapshot. They can take days of gathering light electronically to create what you see as an end result. They are actually black and white and the "color" is added in for effect.

The point is that a ship/object/ET device certainly did not hold still for the entire imaging process and allow us to take a snapshot of it literally lightyears from the Hubble's position. Stop treating all "evidence" the same. This is not someone taking photos from his backyard. The Hubble will help us learn the rules of our universe; it will not allow us to spy on aliens.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by iwantobelieve]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Quite right. My guess is that it is simply dirt on the lens.
If you look at it it appears to have little connection with the rest of the pic and looks 'globule-ish', much like a blob of dirt or space-dust or whatever.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As a newby iIcan't start a new topic ,so I slot it in here.
Seeing we are talking Hubble and Orion.

Can anyone tell me what I am (not) seeing at the following location:

google space- orion

5 h 53 27
6 10 12
approximately
thanks

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Wed Sep 2 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ricwolt

ive not checked the time n co-ords out u just gave but im presuming that the 'planatary disk' is no longer visable...hence pointing to a logical explonation that it was an artificial object???

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ricwolt
google space- orion

5 h 53 27
6 10 12
approximately
thanks

I don't know about google, but the authoritative sources palomar sky surveys 1&2 only show some fairly bright stars at that location:
POSS2:

archive.stsci.edu...

POSS1:

archive.stsci.edu...

[edit on 2-9-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Now, how do I edit my thread title ????

A kind request to a Mod would do it... just look at the bottom of the page and you will see who is on this thread

But you can leave it... it gets more attention than a serious title

Originally posted by urk1971
could this be the Rama spacecraft ?

No... 1) its too big and 2) that cylinder is still lurking in our solar system

But THIS is interesting...

The Maya of Central America had a folk tale which dealt with Orion's part of the sky, known as Xibalba.[10] Their traditional hearths included in their middle a smudge of glowing fire that corresponded with the Orion nebula. This is clear pre-telescope evidence that the Maya detected a diffuse area of the sky contrary to the pin points of stars

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by Phage
It is not an imaging artifact. It could, in fact, be a planetary system in it's infancy, a proto-planetary disk surrounding its star.

Hmmmm well looking closely at this clip...

...the two bright areas where it's 'pinched' in looks to me like something else going on. This may just be a hole in the plasma... something akin to a 'sun spot'

Can we see if its still there? If its not there anymore then I would say it was a 'plasma hole'

But judging by many posts if Phage says its so... hard to fight that

Me, I will wait a bit and see if this is still there before jumping to conclusions. But you did say 'might' so ya get the star for saving me time hunting down the linky

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Can we see if its still there? If its not there anymore then I would say it was a 'plasma hole'

These images were taken in separate years with different filters, yet both show the same system:
www.solarviews.com...
No reason to think it wouldn't still be there, but this kind of resolution is hard to come by and it's already been pretty well covered at that resolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join