It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Telescope image: Orion Nebula artifact convinces me of ET existance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
With regards to the possible existance of ET civilizations out there within our galaxy or the universe as a whole, I've tended to be one of those that sits on the fence waiting for some kind of reasonable evidence to either prove or disprove their existance.
Naturally logic and even common sense dictates that surely we can't be the only civilization to have developed and there has to be someone / something out there besides just us.

Anyway, imagine my surprise as to what I think I'm seeing in of all places, a Hubble telescope image of the Orion nebula.
I was simply looking just a short time ago at such an image purely because it's so detailed, beautiful and awe inspiring, when I noticed something that struck me as highly unusual. .. some kind of artifact that obviously was so out of place within that image. So, deciding to investigate further, I enlarged the image and almost fell over in surprise ... because there as plain as day was what seemed to me an artificial structure, dark coloured, elongated or cylindrical in shape and highlighted clearly against a continuous and unbroken backdrop of light coloured clouds.

Anyway, here's the source image
home.exetel.com.au...
and here are the images.

Take a look for yourself and try to convince yourself that what you're looking at is nothing more than a glitch, pixellation or some other NORMAL image artifact. I have searched all over the complete image for something similar to this but have found nothing ... this seems to be the ONLY example of this type of artifact.

I, for one, don't believe for one moment that this is just a simple image glitch ...

Image1 ... Orion nebula
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfb13fe5900e.jpg[/atsimg]

Image2... zoom in ... just barely make out the dark dot in the centre of the circle
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f3ecf63f9be.jpg[/atsimg]

Image3 ... zoom in ... central artifact more obvious and hint of elongation
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed0d886dd512.jpg[/atsimg]

Image4... zoom in ... artifact is clearly anomolous and definitely elongated
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9321a6281349.jpg[/atsimg]

On the next enlargement, you can easily make out what appears to be a "glow" around the midsection of the artifact. This "glow" may actually be a star thats partially obscured by the artifact ... notice that there are 2 other stars in the near vicinity which can be seen shining thru the cloud background.
If it is actually a star being obscured, it lends further credence to this artifact actually being physically there.

Image5... zoom in ... artifact stands out clearly from background
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/547b99fd3a45.jpg[/atsimg]

Image6... zoom in ... definitely NOT a glitch ... notice the "glow" of what may be a star behind the artifact and being partially obscurred.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56e617f1da21.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wow nice find S&F , you think it might be some other satellite?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Are you superman - you have eyes of a HAWK!

S&F!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You're correct.
It is not an imaging artifact. It could, in fact, be a planetary system in it's infancy, a proto-planetary disk surrounding its star.

Resembling an interstellar Frisbee, this is a disk of dust seen edge-on around a newborn star in the Orion nebula, located 1,500 light-years away. Because the disk is edge-on, the star is largely hidden inside, in this striking Hubble Space Telescope picture. The disk may be an embryonic planetary system in the making. Our solar system probably formed out of just such a disk 4.5 billion years ago. At 17 times the diameter of our own solar system, this disk is the largest of several recently discovered in the Orion nebula.

messier.obspm.fr...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

If it's artificial, it is beyond being huge. I'm leaning toward it being a part of the nebula.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87

Definitely not a satellite.

In fact, now that I think of it ... for it to be imaged as well as it has by Hubble, the artifact must be GIGANTIC. Even though imaged with the Orion nebula as a background, I believe it must be much closer and only APPEARS to be part of the nebula itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You're correct.
It is not an imaging artifact. It could, in fact, be a planetary system in it's infancy, a proto-planetary disk surrounding its star.

Resembling an interstellar Frisbee, this is a disk of dust seen edge-on around a newborn star in the Orion nebula, located 1,500 light-years away. Because the disk is edge-on, the star is largely hidden inside, in this striking Hubble Space Telescope picture. The disk may be an embryonic planetary system in the making. Our solar system probably formed out of just such a disk 4.5 billion years ago. At 17 times the diameter of our own solar system, this disk is the largest of several recently discovered in the Orion nebula.

messier.obspm.fr...

Yes, I can see the logic behind such a statement but I'm still somewhat dubious ... not because I "want" it to be evidence of ET but because it seems so out of place, completely unusual and isolated.

Edit: Just checked out your link and the similarities are indeed striking ... so yes, most likely an example of planetary formation in progress @

Now, how do I edit my thread title ????

[edit on 14-8-2009 by tauristercus]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

This one is "unique" because it is seen edge on and is huge. There are other disks found in the Orion nebula (being so young) but they are seen at different angles. The source I linked displays images of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

This one is "unique" because it is seen edge on and is huge. There are other disks found in the Orion nebula (being so young) but they are seen at different angles. The source I linked displays images of them.

Agreed ... see my previous reply to you ...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, you saw that?! Is there an eyesight award or something? Holy crap...

I don't think it proves ET, I'd lean toward phage.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I mentioned it in this previous thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
So i want my credits back!

Thanks for making a thread out of it

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

hahaha ... ok, I'm more than happy to share any "credit" with you ... in fact, you get the lion's share as you "published" just before I did

Now ... how do I modify my thread title ? ... anyone ???

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by brooklyn87

Definitely not a satellite.

In fact, now that I think of it ... for it to be imaged as well as it has by Hubble, the artifact must be GIGANTIC. Even though imaged with the Orion nebula as a background, I believe it must be much closer and only APPEARS to be part of the nebula itself.

It seems to be much closer to the hubble.
I don't think its near the nebula.
As i said it before it might be some dirt particle.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

hahaha ... ok, I'm more than happy to share any "credit" with you ... in fact, you get the lion's share as you "published" just before I did

Just leave it as is.
I was joking.
I'm glad you did it

Star and flag,my friend!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by upnorthtrip]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yes I think what Phage said is correct it does indeed seem like a protoplanetary disk, basically a formation of a solar system.

The crisp image reveals a tapestry of star formation, from the dense pillars of gas and dust that may be the homes of fledgling stars to the hot, young stars that have just emerged.

www.highbeam.com...

Though if I recall from Astronomy class there are times when during the formation the stars slowly start to "list" away from the other stars while in the process of formation if I'm recalling the information correctly that is.

I would still say that it is a protoplanetary disk, then again there are a lot of strange things in the universe that we still don't know, just that this one still seems to be one that is known at least to me.

img2.allposters.com...

link   
I think at this distance, either:

1. It's way out by the Nebula, and that thing is huge beyond all belief. Like the size of our entire solar system?. Maybe somebody on here has the knowledge to quantify what it would equate to at this distance from the Nebula. Personally, I give this 1% chance (not based on any facts or evidence, just my "guess" - at least I'm honest about it).

2. It's way closer to Earth, and just happened to be in the the way while the scope was pointed toward the Nebula. In which case it could be anything from debris to an asteroid, and it just looks bigger because visually it gives the impression of being out by the Nebula. Personally, I give this 49% chance (again, not based on any facts or evidence, just my "guess").

3. It's an imaging artifact. Personally, I give this 50% chance (again, not based on any facts or evidence, just my "guess").

[Please note my guesses have a margin of error of plus or minus 100%.]

link   

Just leave it as is.
I was joking.
I'm glad you did it

I'm just concerned I jumped the gun somewhat and wanted to amend the thread title to reflect the new evidence ... oh, well ....

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Just leave it as is.
I was joking.
I'm glad you did it

I'm just concerned I jumped the gun somewhat and wanted to amend the thread title to reflect the new evidence ... oh, well ....

Ooh,ok then.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
I think at this distance, either:

1. It's way out by the Nebula, and that thing is huge beyond all belief. Like the size of our entire solar system?. Maybe somebody on here has the knowledge to quantify what it would equate to at this distance from the Nebula. Personally, I give this 1% chance (not based on any facts or evidence, just my "guess" - at least I'm honest about it).

2. It's way closer to Earth, and just happened to be in the the way while the scope was pointed toward the Nebula. In which case it could be anything from debris to an asteroid, and it just looks bigger because visually it gives the impression of being out by the Nebula. Personally, I give this 49% chance (again, not based on any facts or evidence, just my "guess").

3. It's an imaging artifact. Personally, I give this 50% chance (again, not based on any facts or evidence, just my "guess").

[Please note my guesses have a margin of error of plus or minus 100%.]

Instead of taking the time to write all that out, you could have just read any one of the many responses on this page that explain exactly what it is. The speculation ended on the third post.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Phage:

Proof of ET existence:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join