It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents Revolt, Fire 5 City Employees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Residents Revolt, Fire 5 City Employees

www.wreg.com

Angry residents packed town hall, alleging misconduct and demanding pink slips. Depending on who's side you're on, it was either democracy at it's finest -- or at it's lowest.

"The meeting actually got out of hand last night," says Mayor Nick Berretta. "I gaveled at least a half dozen times, to no avail."

Local police called the Sheriff for backup when a city meeting turned into a near riot. By the time it was over, the city manager, police chief, another officer, plus two court clerks were either fired or resigned.

Citizens like Less Holte says its "Justice. And the town of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw this just a few minutes ago on the local news site. I am absolutely amazed there are people willing to try and take government back. I think it's a beautiful thing that there are people who are realizing "Hey these jokers actually work for us!"

I wonder what would happen if this were to happen on a national level. Maybe it's stuff like this that could give control back to the people where it belongs.

www.wreg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Good for them.

The evil and nefarious citizens rights conspiracy has claimed it's first victims.

Excellent Smithers. Excellent. C<

[edit on 103131p://f58Friday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Start small, work our way up to the top, or toward District of Columbia.

Don't forget my state before you head to the white house, PLEASE!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was on the fence with this one until I read the full story.

I do not want to see majority mob rule going on everywhere and not at the Federal level.

But.

This was a perfect Thomas Jefferson moment. When the Government hides and twists behind the laws and does not take heed from it's citizens, then, by the blood of our fore fathers, will the act of forcibly removing them be, by and far correct to restore The Republic to its rightful rule of law.

Congress and Federal Government; I hope your listening and paying attention. Because you have not been doing what you are told. You have been twisting and breaking laws. You have been making new laws that are unconstitutional.
Yes do wake up and correct your errors, or by the inspiration of Thomas Jefferson and others, we will, without hesitation, come and remove you to return The Republic back to the set of laws that are the Constitution of our Fore Fathers.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
While I do applaud this, reality unfortunatley will come slamming back down. The courts will overturn the firings, and once overturned the police and legislators will use every means at thier disposal to single out and deal with those that did this. This is going to get real ugly real quick.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

If they do, they can call for a special election in a matter of days and vote them out for good. They should be planning that one right now.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
THE REVOLUTION IS ON!

It can't be stopped! Finally the people have risen... now watch out for a false-flag, the elite is in big trouble...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Really bothers me that the mayor said the firings were "illegal". I wonder why he would consider that to be the case. These people were removed from office by the city council. From my understanding most cities operate on the premise that should city council vote to have them fired or what have you, then it's generally legally binding.

I would have to look at the city charter though.

Will this be a sign of things to come? Who knows. This thing could start at the bottom and work it's way up.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Remarkable!

I support them in their endeavour, and I hope they manage to win this without any blood.

The people should ALWAYS have the ability to remove such people in positions of power whenever it is required, and at their convenience!

They work for the people, it is YOUR money paying their wage, if they are not doing their job properly, you fire them. Simple.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
THE REVOLUTION IS ON!

It can't be stopped! Finally the people have risen... now watch out for a false-flag, the elite is in big trouble...

I hope so, Im so tired of being a number. This news will spread and we will see more of this type of democracy. And you are probably right about false flag.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

We're going to quote Timothy McVeigh now in a patriotic manner? MoFo was a domestic terrorist and should have been taken out way before he had to chance to murder so many innocent people.

Where was all this patriotic blood spilling revolutionary talk from the right wing during the past eight years when we really needed it?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
thanks for bringing this to our attention

Local police called the Sheriff for backup when a city meeting turned into a near riot. By the time it was over, the city manager, police chief, another officer, plus two court clerks were either fired or resigned

The latest allegations range from nepotism, civil rights and EEOC complaints, under-the-table city contracts, covered-up police brutality, and claims someone broke in and stole from the police department. The people revolted. They overthrew leaders, installed new ones, and changed the locks on city offices. The coup had been brewing for weeks. It was well-planned, but may not last.

"The vote that they took last night was strictly illegal, it was an illegal vote," says Mayor Berretta.

"The Board members themselves serve at our will," argues Holte. "We elected them, we put them there to represent us. What they did last night was what we wanted."

Just wish I could have been there to see all this. Anyone have video?

watch this...
'Thomas Paine' calls on Americans to stand up and fight for their country
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Found this video fitting

IllChemist video remix
Masked Militant by
The Civilians Military
from the album
Tactical Combat Maneuvers

[edit on 15-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is just a taste of what is to come.

When the Dollar crashes (and it will crash) and imports slow (including oil) and the economic life in the country is devastated to such a level that the obligation of actually going to work will no longer be holding the masses back from acting... well... if you're a Collectivist/Statist , I would keep a low profile.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009
reply to post by Vitchilo

We're going to quote Timothy McVeigh now in a patriotic manner? MoFo was a domestic terrorist and should have been taken out way before he had to chance to murder so many innocent people.

Where was all this patriotic blood spilling revolutionary talk from the right wing during the past eight years when we really needed it?

Maybe you should save the answer to this question you keep asking relentlessly.

Do you have a learning disability or something... how can a person keep asking the same question as if he never asked it before... i mean geez. dont you feel even in the slightest bit deficient that you have to keep finding out this information?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
THE REVOLUTION IS ON!

I hope they go after the right people. im talking about the people who control the government beyond the democrat republican division. because if we just attack our government without going after the source it will just be another blind revolution. even beyond the federal reserve which given the research you'll notice has our governments' balls in a vice grip

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good for them. It's about time the people start to realize that we can take back control when government officials stop listening and start doing whatever they please.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

You know, that Constitution thing? They are only two states shy of having enough to call a Constitutional Convention to rewrite the Constitution. Then they can do away with pesky things like the citizen requirement for the Presidency. Heck, he won't even have to be a legal alien! Take away our guns, take away all our money, take away any other freedom you want. It will be like Christmas for the Communists Democrats.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Gregarious]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009
"Where was all this patriotic blood spilling revolutionary talk from the right wing during the past eight years when we really needed it?"

Excellent point!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Not everyone calling for this sort of thing is right wing. I sit firmly in the middle of the road. I would have welcomed it 8 years ago, even 12 years ago etc. This isn't just a new thing. This is something a lot of us have been saying for years now.

I think a complete do-over needs to happen. Start from square one with some new regulations on how business is conducted in Washington. Hopefully we'll have learned something from the mountain of BS that's been allowed to collect over the years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join