It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you murdering your children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have been wanting to write about this for a long time and after seeing this most recent story in the news I am completely disgusted and freaked out by the number of people doing the most disgusting and awful things to their children. I saw the news and heard a story about a woman who cut her 2 month old baby's arms off and the ate its brain, and then another very similar story of a women who cut their baby's arms of and the baby lived, and then another story where the woman drowned her kids in the bathtub, I know we have all probably heard stories like this before, and the reason I am putting it in the general discussion forum is because when I think back several years ago I didn't hear about this many cases like this, It completely freaks me out to think there are people out there who could even contemplate doing this to their children, and It seems just recently that the death toll is rising, I started to think of why it could be escalating like this and their are so many possibilities, is our food being poisoned more? are the "chem trails" carrying mind altering chemicals? Are they putting subliminal messages on T.V. and the radio, Is the off balance of our magnetosphere throwing some peoples rational thought out of whack,these things crossed my mind and more, and I guess why I am writing this is to see if anyone else out there have noticed the major rise in these kinds of cases?

[edit on 14-8-2009 by brooklyn87]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I've been noticing a rise, but it seems to be across the board, not just with children. For example: the guy on the Greyhound bus in Canada who chopped up a passenger and ate on him and the guys in the States who have been killing their whole families and then themselves.

Very cool avatar by the way!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow I didn't hear about the guy in Canada!! it just really worries me to think of these people walking around or even living near you ya know.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
As I understand it, some of those women were under psychiatric care and I believe many if not all of these involve drugs for depression and schizophrenia. A very high number of murder and suicide cases involve antidepressants as well.

I'd rather believe that it comes down to crazy people doing crazy things but I think the effects of the drugs as well as mental states of the people in question are both suspect.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I definitely agree, but still wonder they say they are under psychiatric care right? well who the hell would leave these people alone with there children when they have been deemed "crazy", but I have always thought that schizophrenia and many other psychological disorders are man made, but that's just me

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

Stuff like this has always happened, the only reason we hear about it more now-a-days is because of mass media saturation. 24 News Cycles plus internet news with pages and pages to fill they have to get every story they can and these gruesome ones tend to bring in more viewers/readers...

I think that the whole thing is a hold over from our infanticidal days. Used to be that people would throw away unwanted babies or if a baby was deformed it was tossed out as imperfect and not a good future member of society (I think Greece and Rome used to do this sort of stuff most). We have similar things in our society, from people who have a kid and just snap and then there's the people who would rather kill the kid before it even becomes a kid and get an abortion.

We humans are not nice or caring creatures contrary to popular belief and we live in a broken society built on and reliant upon morally bankrupt nonsense on one end of the spectrum and on the other end the far too unrealistic ideas of idealists.

At least that's what I think.. I don't know though, I too find it unsettling that these women are just snapping and doing these barbaric things. No matter how far or advanced we think we are events like those you mentioned remind me how truly primitive we still our biologically speaking... You'd think sooner or later those barbaric impulses would evolve out of us...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You make a very good point, by now you think we would have evolved into some what decent human beings but in a way I feel like we are getting worse, are we given too much? are we that spoiled to think that basic human rights and laws don't apply to us? or are we we being brainwashed in some way or another?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

We may be being brainwashed, a poster before me brought up medications, those can upset the mental balance that we are naturally supposed to have. I find it ironic that many anti-depression meds increase chances of suicide, that's a big red flag there...

I think that constant bombardment by media and stress can cause people to lose contact with reality. See we humans are more wild than we like to think and living in this controlled society can sometimes cause us to SNAP back to those animal impulses we buried under layers of social learning. Sort of like Nature Versus Nurture getting out of hand and some people just losing it because of the conflict between what society teaches, what people do, and what our instincts tell us...

But I don't know for sure, I think it might be best to judge on a case by case basis rather than trying to find a blanket diagnosis for these women who lose it...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
the whole medication for psychological disorders has always confused me when the side affects are worse then the problem you originally had

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I seen child abuse the other day. I was walking out of a local shopping center, and seen a little girl no older than 6, only a few feet tall, and must have been at least 100 pounds over a safe weight. Her shirt was like a napkin placed over her shoulders. And of course, she had the token large drink in the left hand, and large fries in the right hand.

And a couple whack jobs killing their kid far from warrants the title "Why are you killing your kids?" as if you were talking about members of this forum cutting off their kids limbs and eating their brains. Obviously, upon reading the claims, you can tell these were NOT Suzie Soccer moms that did this...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by king9072]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
that is definitely abuse too, childhood obesity is severe we can thank the parents for that, no matter how many fast food places there are it is ultimately the parents decision to feed them that or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
whether they were " Suzy soccer moms" as you say or not, doesn't change the fact that there are more than a few cases, when I hear about it on the news almost everyday, the numbers are getting higher and higher

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Childhood (all stages, infancy included) is a verrrrry dangerous time, in virtually all cultures. Always has been.

Look at the child slaves of India and China. It continues even after they make it to Western cultures: Chinese and Indian children are kept at home, working in home-factories, children of very young age. They used to feature it in the msm news, lately they've been supressing it because otherwise it would be in the news every day and They don't want this sort of stuff becoming known to the host-population.

Much of the imported stuff we buy has been made in 3rd world nations by small children

During the Industrial Revolution, children in orphanages etc. were bought by factory-owners, children as young as 3, 4, 5. They were put to work at the most dangerous jobs, collecting lint from beneath the thrashing weaving machines, for example. If you look online, you will find photos of those who lost their limbs .. they look as old as your grandparents, yet they were only 10, 11, 12 years of age.

Brutality, incest, floggings, mental and physical abuse were quite often the norm until relatively recently. In many places, even in major western cities, it still goes on.

The birth of twins is and was regarded both as a blessing or an abomination, depending on the culture into which they were born. Some societies killed the mother and the babies, others drove them out of the village to die of exposure, hunger, thirst, etc.

In China, it's considered trendy to consume foetus-soup. It's believed it has anti-ageing and other benefits.

We live amongst the top 8%, as far as privilege is concerned, yet still babies and children are foully abused, murdered, tortured. Many of those posting in this and other forums you patronise are survivors of such childhoods.

And yes, prescription and other drugs rampant in our society today are responsible for some of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am not patronizing anyone, I have had my share of problems when I was a child, which Is why I like to get other peoples perspective.

top topics

join