It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impending Bank Holiday?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Impending Bank Holiday?

www.marchreport.com

www.marchreport.com...-08-12-A21
Impending Bank Holiday?
The rumor: starting on August 24, groups of banks will be closed in certain regions of the country for a week or so. They will open again, and then other groups of banks in different regions will be closed; and on and on it will go, until all the banks in the country have gone through that process. The banks will be opened with a new global currency. Indeed the ratio will be 1 to 6, or 1 to 12. Thus, if you had formerly $6M in the Bank, after a ratio of 1 to 6 with the new currency, you will get 1M value in the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.marchreport.com

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How many of you have watched Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life"?

You remember the scene where George has just been married and sees a run on the bank? Remember what Uncle Billy did? He closed the doors, and all the people were standing in the rain.

He had declared a "bank holiday".

Funny how people resort to euphemisms to maks reality.

We are about to go through something never foisted upon the world before.

If the new ratio is 1 to 6, that means if you have $6000.00, overnite you now have $1000.00.

1 to 12 means would be worse. The same $6000.00 now becomes $500.00.

My bet is on somewhere around 1 to 10.

Why else is there a run a silver dimes?

www.marchreport.com

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skycopilot

All I can say is.. Wont a transition to a new currency take a lot longer than just a couple of weeks? Do you realize how much they would have to correct?

Wages, prices, loans, all these need to be reconfigured with the new currency. Maybe some of them can't even. I dont imagine a blanket of 6 to 1 ratio really works in capitalism.

So it sounds like just a rumor.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ummmm. I dont know what to say but BS. Im not about this in any fashion and i hope folks on here dont either. This is just terrorism.

Originally posted by skycopilot

Impending Bank Holiday?

www.marchreport.com

www.marchreport.com...-08-12-A21
Impending Bank Holiday?
The rumor: starting on August 24, groups of banks will be closed in certain regions of the country for a week or so. They will open again, and then other groups of banks in different regions will be closed; and on and on it will go, until all the banks in the country have gone through that process. The banks will be opened with a new global currency. Indeed the ratio will be 1 to 6, or 1 to 12. Thus, if you had formerly $6M in the Bank, after a ratio of 1 to 6 with the new currency, you will get 1M value in the

Related News Links:
www.marchreport.com

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Your going to see the guns and bats come out. Where's my money man?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Last year employees at the Denver mint released information that a huge amount of money (I know, they make metal, but as part of the treasury, it could have been paper as well) had been shipped to a particular bank in China.

The employees stated that it was not dollars.

A photo also surfaced of the shipment, and the report said the mint was investigating as to the source of the leak, as they were concerned about the stability of the dollar.

I am not sure if you saw the couple who announced on utube in March that a bank holiday would occur in mid august to mid september. They also stated that there would be road closures and checkpoints.

A member of our church talked to a county emergency employee who interfaces with FEMA, suggesting the above scenario and then asked: "Will we still be able to get around the blocks using back roads?"
The person responded with a No. THis took place in Florida about a month ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Roadclosures and checkpoints for WHAT? Okasy even if the bakns are closed folks will still be going to work and shopping as usual. SO checkpoints to do what? Im not worried LOL- i used DIRECT DEPOSIT anyway. I dont need to go to a bank everyday.

I'll just go to the bakn before this holiday and draw out some cash. big freakin deal. Im not going to be terrorized by this type of info.

Besides last year we were suppose to have have like 5 "bank holidays" by now. Yeah right. Whatever.

Originally posted by skycopilot
reply to post by Miraj

Last year employees at the Denver mint released information that a huge amount of money (I know, they make metal, but as part of the treasury, it could have been paper as well) had beend to a particular bank in China.

The employees stated that it was not dollars.

A photo also surfaced of the shipment, and the report said the mint was investigating as to the source of the leak, as they were concerned about the stability of the dollar.

I am not sure if you saw the couple who announced on utube in March that a bank holiday would occur in mid august to mid september. They also stated that there would be road closures and checkpoints.

A member of our church talked to a county emergency employee who interfaces with FEMA, suggesting the above scenario and then asked: "Will we still be able to get around the blocks using back roads?"
The person responded with a No. THis took place in Florida about a month ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Over the last few years, this movie has become my favorite, next to, "Scent of a Woman!" I never watched the movie all the way through until I paused my life 4 years ago around christmas to watch it on tv, from start to finish. It takes you through every emotion and has you on the edge of your seat rooting and praying for that perfect ending. Now, even though I know the outcome of the story, I can't shake the emotions every time I watch this movie, and senses haven't dulled one bit.

From the afterlife, banking corruption, and all the symbolism in this movie; How could he have gotten it So Right?!!!!? It is virtually a perfect movie showing exactly where we are now and headed!

Listening to, R Celente, M Savage, Sean D Morton(Delphi Associates) and one of my favorites lately, Rev. Manning, well, these guys have never let me down and have educated myself and the public, Way Ahead of the Trend.

There are others I have listened to that deserve credit, though this is the core that has never wavered!

Friends and family call me crazy but it has worked out that I just have had a 3 yr head start on all of them. If they would only listen!?!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

[edit on 14-8-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Here in Florida, one of our U.S. Senators announced he was resigning (Martinez) when his term was up. This was a couple of months ago. But this week, he said he was quitting now. Funny, but this fouls up our Governor's plans, as he wanted to run for the seat.

Now, he has to appoint someone else. Some speculate he will appoint a turkey, as he wants the seat.

There are some rumors that other federal politicians are quitting as well.

They must have gotten wind of something (perhaps their colleagues.)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If they do it that way we the citizens dont get a chance to benefit from inflation., ie pay off bills with cheaper dollars. I hope this doesnt happen.
Imagine the public reaction! Things would get crazy real fast!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hahaha, I will bet you six million dollars this will never happen... that way if I lose it's only really a million. This is pathetic propaganda.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

My suggestion (though no one asked) is to take your devalued money and get some dried food (rice, beans, flour, grits, sugar, honey, etc. - things that can be vacuumed) that are of high caloric value as well as protein. Think how armies ate 200 -1000 yrs ago.

Hyper inflation is sure to hit. (See the black horse in Revelation) Also think of barter (ammo, fishing supplies) as one never knows how this will go down.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

This happened in Florida where? Sure as hell didn't happen in Orlando or anywhere else in the Central Florida area. I deal with multiple banks on a daily basis, so unless they put something in my drinking water to forget I say where is your proof?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

The conversation happened in Polk county.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Not familiar with this Schultz guy, but used to listen to Steve Qualye. He was always telling telling his listeners to buy gold, stock up on survival stuff cause the bank holiday was comin' soon. That was about 12 years ago. He said alot of other things were "right around the corner" but non of it ever happened. He's been wrong so many times, if I had a dollar for everytime, I could afford to buy some gold. Needless to say, I don't listen or pay attention to his fear mongering anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The doomsdayer in me wiggles in delight while the cynic says this is pure bollocks. Doing a quick google lands me pretty much the same regurgitated story over and over.

However, I do find it interesting that more countries are shorting the dollar or ceasing their purchase of usd.

Like this link from the JPost which references this news release from the Bank of Israel

Bank of Israel announces a change in its operating policy in the foreign exchange market

For the Q&A on the Foreign Exchange Markets page click here

As already announced on 3rd August 2009, the Bank of Israel will act in the foreign exchange market in the event of unusual movements in the exchange rate which are inconsistent with underlying economic conditions, or when conditions in the foreign exchange market are disorderly.
Following the adoption of this new operating policy in the foreign exchange market, the Bank of Israel announces that it will from tomorrow discontinue its program of daily purchases of US 100 million dollars in the foreign exchange market which began in July 2008.

Of course, the Jpost article states that they are $10b over their expected amount. So, this could be absolutely nothing to concern myself with.

And then again, I read this article from Bloomberg saying that 150 banks across the US are on the verge of collapse. Are these connections?? I cringe when I read all of these comments from some claiming the anti-christ is peeking his head out from the corner blah blah. Can anyone more enlightened than me tell me why a global currency would be a bad thing, or why a switch to an Amero type currency would be a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Certainly anything can happen and the powers that be don't have too many checks and balances to reign them in but I don't feel like this would go over too well and I'll be keeping an eye out on those dates. In my opinion this will not happen at least not this year.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Well thanks for posting an entirely bogus story that the well known Nazi idealist (no joke on this one) Hal Turner hoaxed last year. He had a coin, of this supposed shipment, which was debunked and proven to have been made by a private coin maker (Meaning it wasn't legal tender).

People make up these stories, and they get debunked all the time. No offense, but learn your sources please.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join