It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with Health Care: "Government involvement"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The problem in Health Care is like any other problem, it is because of supply and demand. More specifically, government involvement in OUR health care. Here in this video you can hear it from a physician's mouth.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The problem with health care is that people faithfully pay their premiums and get dropped
the day they get sick... Charge $10,000 for a 1 month course of anti nausea medicine on top of the $20,000 chemo battery -

What planet do you dwell upon???

Are you even serious?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Ahhhhh no...

What planet are YOU living in?
"68% of American voters have health-insurance coverage they rate good or excellent."

I'm not too good at math, but isn't that A MAJORITY?

online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

"68% of American voters have health-insurance coverage they rate good or excellent."

If these are the healthy ones, then they have no idea what's coming for them when they got ill.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

So I suppose we should disregard what the AMERICAN PUBLIC says, then? JUST LIKE THE BAIL-OUTS, or the HAND-OUTS to GM and CHRYSLER I PRESUME?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

It means they think their coverage is excellent because they don't read the fine print. EXACTLY like the house mortgage fiasco. It's health care fraud if you ask me, entrapment, just like house mortgage.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
The problem with health care is that people faithfully pay their premiums and get dropped
the day they get sick... Charge $10,000 for a 1 month course of anti nausea medicine on top of the $20,000 chemo battery -

What planet do you dwell upon???

Are you even serious?

A Government that is Trillions in debt is going to come up with what money to pay for anything once they seize everything?

Gimmie the Private Insurance dumping me any day. The suggestion that people cant pay their bills is absurd.

It's the Govt that can't pay its bills. It's spent everything and then some.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Sub Prime Medical Care.. just what the Medical Clinics of ACORN have ordered!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The housing problem was due to GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT. Who else has the capability to lower interest rates to 1% to get the housing BOOM GOING?
2003-01-12

If the majority of the population feels that their insurance is just fine, then why IMPOSE/CREATE a new governmental bureaucracy?

Where is your logic here?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Ahhhhh no...

I'm not too good at math, but isn't that A MAJORITY?

online.wsj.com...

Ahh and the majority of sheep are happy to run from the dog

What are you afraid of???

If there is a public pooling option how is that going to adversely effect your healthcare?

Please from your mouth

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I'm not afraid of anything. DO YOU WANT TO DISREGARD THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE?

IF so RE-ELECT BUSH NEXT TIME AROUND! SO WE CAN GET THE DICTATORSHIP THAT YOU SO DESIRE...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Give that man a star.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

i agree, im in the healthcare feild, the government has their hands in enough US businesses, STAY THE CRAP OUTTA MINE! i feel they should fix medicare/medicaid before they even attempt national healthcare.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

WAIT....you forgot!! The democrats just want to print money that doesn't exist, to pay for their pet-projects!! That's why they love the FEDERAL RESERVE...money from thin AIR. Of course to them money falls from the sky...or better YET they'll TAKE IT FROM the people.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The housing problem was due to GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT. Who else has the capability to lower interest rates to 1% to get the housing BOOM GOING?
2003-01-12

If the majority of the population feels that their insurance is private insurance is just fine, then why IMPOSE/CREATE a new governmental bureaucracy?

My logic would be that my family was categorically screwed by the corporate bureaucracy in regards to two illnesses.

I want an alternative, you can keep your care and we can see what works.

BTW the Corporate interests are those who influence government, you have the equation backwards. Members get voted out, but the true power remains, that is the constant.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We shall see when you or a loved one gets truly sick and you will live to curse those you protect, unfortunately.

But frankly,,, very frankly, I don't care what you guys want, you have had your way since Prixon ushered this in, it will come and this charade will backfire for conservatives. Progress moves and is unstoppable, it is a matter of time.

The march to fear will get old as the elephant of old is already rotten...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Gimmie the Private Insurance dumping me any day.

But that's what sub prime crisis is all about. The private sector dumps you.

2003-01-12

Government can lower interest rate to 1% (not that I agree with Greenspan), but if the private sector is not that greedy, the bubble won't form in the first place.

Don't Blame Low Interest Rates for the Bubble

If the majority of the population feels that their insurance is private insurance is just fine, then why IMPOSE/CREATE a new governmental bureaucracy?

I myself is not for health care reform. I prefer capitalism, but I'm against corporatism.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I'm not afraid of anything. DO YOU WANT TO DISREGARD THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE?

IF so RE-ELECT BUSH NEXT TIME AROUND! SO WE CAN GET THE DICTATORSHIP THAT YOU SO DESIRE...

What dictatorship???

Exaggerate much???

You and your corporate talking points will help elect JEB soon enough.

YOU a corporate foot solder simple put, you and your efforts help preserve the Money and Power that undermines freedom...

With all the talk of how is the government going to pay for it, how will your kids kids pay for it if it is doubling + in cost every decade???

Internet lobbying award for you

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Give that man a star.

Ya and then pull my finger please...

I'm gonna buy a shepherd and tell ghost stories, get me a heard going

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

My logic would be that my family was categorically screwed by the corporate bureaucracy in regards to two illnesses.
I'm sorry if this has happened in your family. I do not know the extent of your problems. You should ALL pitch-in and help each other, as ALL families should do.

Having said that, why SHOULD I OR ANYONE ELSE have their income expropriated?

I want an alternative, you can keep your care and we can see what works.
That is fine that you want alternative, however you want an alternative that is SUBSIDIZED by everyone else. And this I do not find AMERICAN. WHY SHOULD THE MAJORITY OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC THAT FEELS FINE WITH THEIR HEALTH CARE, PAY FOR EVERYONE ELSE?

BTW the Corporate interests are those who influence government, you have the equation backwards. Members get voted out, but the true power remains, that is the constant.
Wrong here again....GUESS WHO wants this legislation BIG PHARMA...AMA..and EVERYONE else who wants to feed at the government trough.

But frankly,,, very frankly, I don't care what you guys want, you have had your way since Prixon ushered this in, it will come and this charade will backfire for conservatives. Progress moves and is unstoppable, it is a matter of time.
SEE here we go.

Answer me this...very simple: DOES THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE COUNT OR NOT?

Answer this question before you reply...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Some people don't realize this, but their lobby is that strong, they do have the ability to shape mass opinions and government agenda.

My advice to others.

Instead of trying to destroy your government, try to take back your government from them. If you destroy your government, the corporations will become your government, you have no chance whatsoever if that happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join