It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel Good Story for 5/12/04 - Not All Heroes Are People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hi Guys, I know I've been slacking on my Feel Good Stories this week, I've been extremely busy at work and trying to sell a home in my other time.

I received this in an email today :

Not All Heroes Are Humans :

James Crane worked on the 101st floor of Tower 1 of the World Trade Center. He is blind so he has a golden retriever named Daisy. After the plane hit 20 stories below, James knew that he was doomed, so he let Daisy go, out of an act of love. She darted away into the darkened hallway. Choking on the fumes of the jet fuel and the smoke James was just waiting to die. About 30 minutes later, Daisy comes back along with James' boss, who Daisy just happened to pick up on floor 112.

On her first run of the building, she leads James, James' boss, and about 300 more people out of the doomed building. But she wasn't through yet, she knew there were others who were trapped. So, highly against James' wishes she ran back in the building.

On her second run, she saved 392 lives. Again she went back in. During this run, the building collapses. James hears about this and falls on his knees into tears. Against all known odds, Daisy makes it out alive, but this time she is carried by a firefighter. "She led us right to the people, before she got injured" the fireman explained.

Her final run saved another 273 lives. She suffered acute smoke inhalation, severe burns on all four paws, and a broken leg, but she saved 967 lives. The
next week, Mayor Guilaini rewards Daisy with the Canine medal of Honor of New York. Daisy is the first civilian Canine to win such an honor.

I hope you enjoyed this story. I thought it was terrific .

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thats so awesome. It brought tears to my eyes. I don't know why but it gave me a feeling that there still is hope left for this world.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is a really good story, but unfortunately it isnt true... Debunked below

click here

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by browha]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
browha, it was a seeing eye dog that belonged to an employee in the trade center.

I'm also going to search for related stories, supposedly Mayor Guilani (sp) gave the dog some award for this.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
wot, so the dog ran up 100 stories 3 times?

yeah yeah

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ummm, this story may not be true... did a google and found this :

www.breakthechain.org...

According to the original story the dog also saved someone from the 112th floor, well didn't the towers only have 110 ?

Sorry about the misinformation guys, that is if this new link is right and the story is fake, maybe it's a misprint on what floor the dog saved someone ?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
ElevatedOne, Im glad you found a niche. Nice story.

Did you see the one where the walabe save the man, that a tree fell on?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
True or not, elevated one, at least you are making the effort to post positive news.

I think that there is some truth in the story, but I believe it is unlikely that a golden retriever had the animal instinct to make other runs to save the lives of other humans... dogs seem to lack the ability to do this kind of complex emotional behavior. So do cats for this matter, and far worse.
if it were a cat, it would probably dip and say "see ya, old man! You'd only slow me down! peace, ya old fart!" Of course, this is a joke as cats do not talk. =)

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yeah, LULU the 'roo. The family rescued her as a joey after
her mum got hit by a car.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sanc'.

top topics

join