It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles and the Old and not so old White Horses of Wiltshire- a link?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have been keeping an eye on Crop circle threads and noticing that we are continually arguing man made vs extraterrestrial and the constant questions "Why are so many turning up in Wiltshire?"

I don't want this thread to be taken up in this debate as to who or what is doing them but maybe why they are turning up here more than any where else...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78da768b614d.jpg[/atsimg]

Wiltshire and its surrounds has had a loooong history of making and up keeping chalk drawings of horses on hill tops and the like. There seems to be a lot of chalk under the top soil and people have been carving off this top layer to reveal the chalk in shapes of horses for at least 3000 thousand years.

The Uffington horse is one example of an ancient white horse.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4533300569cc.jpg[/atsimg]

www.wiltshirewhitehorses.org.uk...

The Uffington White horse is the oldest, but what I find interesting is that there are a number of other horses in the area that not quoted as being as old, maybe 2 or 300 years old and younger, but they are continually being upkept so they don't lose them.

www.wiltshirewhitehorses.org.uk...

Its like an ancient bronze-age culture( maybe older) that is being carried on.
and you may have seen the white horses in the cropcircle photos like this one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f882c23ed27c.png[/atsimg]

Do the people here realize that they could be the keepers of some ancient tradition that they maybe don't understand but is deeply ingrained in their soul.

Is there something here in these peoples soul of the area that invites the crop circles ?

Is there a conversation going on that we are inviting in this area mainly because humans have been carving the white horse to be seen from above for centuries???

I just wanted to put that up for discussion, sorry if it is in the wrong area but hey, where do we create a new paradigm for re connections with our ancients to see where are today?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
probably have this in the wrong area!!!

but again another thread on crop circles and there are cynical questions as to why are they in the same place again!

"Originally posted by Diplomat
Wiltshire, England again!

I'm shocked!!!! "

look back at the ancient and not so ancient history of the area, there has been some clues i say...

sorry if this looks like a blatant bump!

[edit on 17-8-2009 by 2theC]

[edit on 17-8-2009 by 2theC]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
in another thread about crop circles
thoughtsfull , who lives in the area posted this...

reply to post by 2theC I do find them facinating, especially when you look at the obvious man made attempts (that are a complete mess) and then compare them to the interwoven matt (best way I can describe it) of the ones I can not fathom.. Tho all the ones I have seen have been in rape seed crops (didn't know they were also called canola, thanks for that ) and usualy the circles seem to start when the crops are a little bigger than they are right now (here at least)

My interest in this lies in why the concentration of crop cicles (in my neck of the woods) correlate with similar concentrations of hill figures.. The correlation usualy works better when you include some of the lost hill figures.. I've always wondered about that... which came first, crop circles or hill figures, and if there is a deeper meaning to both these communication methods. However you look at it, crops circles/hill figures are an art form. and art in all it's forms is ultimatly a communication method to convey something.. [edit on 15/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

and

It is, especially if you include the forgotten figures.. There was a long thesis written about the subject covering the whole of the South of England corelating ley lines, hill figures and crop circles.. I'll try to find it for you... it really is interesting to read.. Stone circles, crop circles, hill figures concentrated in such small areas does raise many interesting issues of something that has been going on for thousands of years.... and is utterly facinating

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So Have the ancients been communicating with someone or something for thousands of years and we see the crop circles as a response?

Whats going on?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Your idea is interesting. Why would the ancients always make horses? Are/were they rare in the area. Do they have special symbolic meaning? Horses are totally opposite to the geometic figures of the crop circles. Were the horses 'them' communicating to us or us sending a message to 'them?'

Other than geographic proximity, I don't see much or a link. Most ancient civilizations drew animals, but the complex geometry of the circles doesn't seem related.

[edit on 4/17/2010 by zachi]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

I think over the ages Horses have always represented or symbolized our connections with the spirit.

maybe they thought that by immortalizing the representation of the spirit it would manifest itself ...

maybe the crop circles is that manifestation

( sorry that was late reply!)

[edit on 30-4-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Nice thread mate

I had the same idea too, however when i see the photo of the crop circle and the white horse, i get an idea that the ET's think were sending them a message therefore they send back a message in the same form.

I bet if we made a large symbol demonstrating the human race asking for physical contact, a crop circle will appear nearby. And am sure they'll be clever enough to interpretate it

Otherwise S+F from me.

EDIT: I have lived in Wiltshire and have gone through the fields there. Also i've seen the white horses

[edit on 30-4-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Thanks jonnyc55

there has to be something to this i think, even if it has something to do with the apparent laylines in the area.

I just don't know but its worth exploring...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My theory is it's the Ley lines, Earth's chakra's.

Earth is alive and sentient. The geo-communications of the Earth-made crop circles can be likened to handwriting, the physical manifestation of the song she sings to the Universe.

I think the man-made horse's are about what was relevent to the lives and culture of those people who originally made the carvings, ie, that when Uffington was carved, there were wild herds on Salisbury Plain and these herds were a crucial factor in the lives of the local tribes. The continuation relates to maintaining tradition and culture and has little meaning or relevance in itself.

If ET is real, it seems reasonable to me that any external intelligence's perspective may include awareness of the energy lines and the reasons they are so powerful throughout the Michael-Mary lines that dance about eachother through middle England and have particular resonance at their crossing points at Glastonbury Tor, The Henge etc., and be attracted to the energy.

I think that ET intelligence might discern conflicting priorities between the originator of the circles and the makers of the horse pictures on the hillsides.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I have never thought of the Ley Lines as being Earth Chakras!

I did wonder however that the circles are like you supposed, a manifestation of our planets song to the universe.

but more along the lines that we are part of her and our consciousness would contribute to the patterns created.

The reason why I bring the horses in is they have always represented to humans a symbol of spirit in some way in many cultures. Maybe it was an answer by the ancients in the area to the messages they were receiving?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC
reply to post by teapot

I have never thought of the Ley Lines as being Earth Chakras!

I did wonder however that the circles are like you supposed, a manifestation of our planets song to the universe.

but more along the lines that we are part of her and our consciousness would contribute to the patterns created.

The reason why I bring the horses in is they have always represented to humans a symbol of spirit in some way in many cultures. Maybe it was an answer by the ancients in the area to the messages they were receiving?

Thank you! The majority of people I have mentioned my theory that Earth communicates with the Universe to, greet the idea with derision!

And yes, I agree that we, human consciousness, human behaviour is something Earth would communicate her experiences of. I've not made that full connection before, so again, thank you.

You know, human awareness has changed alot since Uffington was carved. I'm sure you've heard the idea that along the path of reason, we lost our esoteric awareness, (calcification of the 3rd eye)? So yes, it is reasonable to me that the horse depiction may indicate that people as well as the planet, sought to communicate on a spiritual level with the Universe.

I do not discount the possibility of ET, but I think the Truth is not about the tangible, that non Earth bound intelligence manifests as reason or logic or any ordered thing that is within the bounds of human understanding, but rather is non-corporael in nature and beyond the scope of our current cerebral phase.

I wonder what the people who carved Uffington thought the first time they saw a crop circle. I wonder if they were able to discern the meaning, if they understood the mystery and if so, if this knowledge was freely shared.

I'm also looking forward to seeing this years' crop circles. Earth is displaying much passion at the moment, seemingly more so than usual with quakes and eruptions and I just want to see if this is reflected in the communication.

Thanks again 2theC.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hi 2theC, check out info about cymatics in Thread 'What the freemasons, PTB don't want you to know' by member polarwarrior. (sorry, ignorant about 'embedding and linking'!)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Thanks Teapot !! checking it out now!
love the angles!!

new topics

top topics

join