It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble deep field like you've never seen it

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
I zoomed in really close and look what I found!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afc85454e2f7.jpg[/atsimg]

reply to post by lucentenigma

Oh man- I rarely laugh out loud when reading posts but that was pretty damn funny

Cheers for that

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Jezz just how big do these alien spaceships get?

Not more than 1 or 2 light years across

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Oh my god! You guys are hilarious with your spaceships and such.

I am going to enjoy these pics for months to come.

Thankyou ; S&F

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Super stuff man realy beautiful, top marks

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Jezz just how big do these alien spaceships get?

Not more than 1 or 2 light years across

OMG (of topic soz) I remeber MOTT the HOOPLE

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For me words can't express how awesome those are. When I look at the starfield and see that each of those "specs" is a galaxy and then ponder the implications of that it makes me tear up a bit. I find it shameful that NASA's budget keeps getting cut when they're capable of revealing these wonders. Apparently not everyone has the same appreciation for science and space exploration...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Does anyone else look at these amazing images with awe and wonder and float away for a while on your imagingation to other galaxies, stars and worlds?

I spent a few hours of looking (literally) at these and the 3D version on YouTube (amazing , serachfor 3D Hubble Deep field and watch in HD)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then immediately come crashing back down to reality with the most ridiculous posts one could imagine?

I almost cried as I read post after post circling parts of these fantastic images and asking inane and completely thoughtless questions like "What is this? A giant spacecraft"?

Can't some of you just enjoy a nice image wthout tearing it apart looking for things you don't understand? (or bother to learn about)

I mean, if anything makes you lose faith in the intelligence of your fellow ATS'er it's some of the posts in the very thread.

I hope some of you enjoy these images (and many more to come) as I do without immediately thinking of Nasa coverups and alien lizard people.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaTier

Amazing, I could spend hours looking at these!

Thank YOU!

-JP

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Thanks!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
nice pics. it just makes u wonder what else is out there

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees faces inside the Orion nebula?
I see a few of them in different areas. Definitely have to zoom in to see them clearly, but they are there.
Oh, and thanks for the pics, they are great, I love being able to look so closely at something so amazing, I could spend days in the Orion Nebula picture.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by The-Chris]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
it is the prettiest thing ever
i wonder if there are other humans in the universe or if we are some freak accident
obviously there are other civilizations, but i'm talking straight up human beings

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Amazing pictures... never get bored of looking at the deep field one's!

But for me what most stands out in this thread is all you crazy people... faces? UFO's? Giant floating space ferrets?... Are you all on crack? I dont know how some of you manage to get out of the house with that kind of paranoia

[edit on 073131p://f17Friday by Bluebelle]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i have to say that is beautiful

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah I think some of those dark spots are singularities. The cigar shaped one could even be two singularities orbiting very closely. They appear to be devoid of light so I first think singularity. They could also be an emense cloud of debris that is inert and very thick. Just my thoughts but I am just a beginner concerning astronomy.

I also think the idea of any space ship the size of a galaxy is very funny because the mass involved in the creation of such a ship would result in the collapse of that material into a supermassive singularity.

Come on guys get a grip you aren't gonna be able to see any ship at that distance period.

Great pics though but I prefer to observe more fantastic galaxies like M87 in particular. If you want to see spectacular I would say give messier 87 a close observance. The jet alone is absolutely fascinating. The messier galaxies are my favorites because they are closer than others and being acted upon by the Great Attractor. This provides for some exciting observations and deep thought.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yes, these are amazing pictures & thanks to the OP.

However lets stop with the criticism of other member descriptions of what it looks like & perhaps we can all learn something.

As far as faces in the pictures I've always seen faces in some Hubble pictures and I'm not smoking anything but clean fresh air. I conclude that it's either a flaw hardwired into our brains or programing that makes us try to form faces out of things we are unfamiliar with or perhaps on the far side a glimpse into other dimensions - so criticize away if that makes you feel better.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Well if people are wanting to discuss seeing faces & whatnot in the picture then why not make a thread for it instead of derailing this one. There's more than enough threads where you can analyse to death various pictures. Would be nice if for once the pictures, especially these one's, could be taken for what they are.

And yes we are programmed to see things that are familiar to us in pictures, that and patterns.. just try staring at some clouds for a while!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I have found the picture of the Orion nebula to be extremely interesting. When that picture was first released I happened to see it mentioned on my MSN homepage I felt impressed to look at it and study it for anything unusual what I found in it was nothing short of astonishing. There are probably at least 30 different entities/characters depicted within it. For example in the lower right quadrant is a picture of a screaming skull with it's tongue being pinched and held between the thumb and forefinger of another entity in the background. There are many other images/faces in the picture some of which are very vivid and detailed. It forms a sort of mural or collage. But I don't know what message it is conveying.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just wanted to apologize if I reiterated a point that was already brought up by a previous post. I jumped in and replied without first reading all of the other posts in the thread. I did have to laugh when I read bluebelles post regardding looking at the clouds and seeing images because i did see one of the characters that is in the Orion mural in the clouds when i was a teenager...and yes I was smoking pot at the time but 2 of my friends saw it at the same time and it is very unlikely that we would all have had the same hallucination. The clarity and detail of it at that time was enough to make them jump into their car and flee the area.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Hope this is new. I got it in an email today.
Hubble Ultra Deep Field 3D
www.flixxy.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join