learn more

Hubble deep field like you've never seen it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

Push screen print on your keyboard than paste it to paintbrush.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

*snip*- I found the ships in Orion and you edited your post claiming that you found it first

i hex you

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Sun Aug 16 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122

Looking at all those galaxies makes me feel so dang tiny.

Exactly, its feeling I have explored. And I felt bigger for it. On a universal scale i don’t think we would even register as a spec of dust.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
remember the colors are enhanced and changed, it would not look like that if you were floating by in space.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow wow wow!

Absolutely beautiful pics!

Wish we could stop looking down at our iPhones and look up for awhile lol

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

It is valid maybe. But considering the angles, it's expectant. I was typing live as I thought. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

WOW, you are still tripping about that.

What's more important, you or the fact there is something in the picture?

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'm just wondering what the f that huge orange "X" on the far left of the second pic is.. two galaxies crisscrossed

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaTier

Outstanding! Made my night and many to come. I will literally never stop looking at this. Thank you! S&F

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

And then painted in MILLIONS of tiny galaxies individually, with exacting detail, right?

There's a fellow named Occam here to give you a haircut.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

It is valid maybe. But considering the angles, it's expectant. I was typing live as I thought. Sorry.

I can't even think of a valid motive for doing such a thing. It's not like a little black area would be all that noticeable if they were wanting to hide something. Plain old black would be simple editing if that were the case.

With it looking that far into space and for such long periods of time, I'm not even sure what they could get a close up enough view of to need a coverup.

It's always possible that editing has been done, but I see some differences and no real motive for it. I guess if there was a good motive for it, I might consider the possibility a bit more.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
wow, i really am appalled at the lack of knowledge found in this thread...

anyway, do you guys think they make spaceships larger than GALAXIES??? think about it!

And WHY NOT??? After all....those galaxies have been out there a lot longer than we have. They would be much farther advanced and it would be feasible for a huge glaxay sized spaceship to have been built.....could even be a 'man' made space station for all we know.....
Don't be so narrow minded...there's lots we don't know about nor couls 'assume'

(bbcode)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

do you realize that in order for a spaceship to be the size of a galaxy it means that it will be billions of miles in length squared? Where it would take lightyears just to move across only a small part of the ship?

Our galaxy is 1000 light years wide, and 100,000 light years in length end to end.

So, that would be 587,862,537,318,360,800 Miles in length.

Yeah, I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What absolutely fascinates me is how they are different colors! Some galaxies have a bluish cast, others are yellowish, some are pure white, some are a mixture. What the heck causes that?!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Distractions4Nothing

I don't think we can rely on image colours. NASA cant even give us a true colour picture of mars!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'd forgotten about exposure time. Thanks for reminding me. You're right.

Yea, after months, the rays would look similar.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is amazing, honestly looking at all those galaxies, you can't possibly say that we are alone in this universe... At all.

Seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Because they are rebels with a cawse?(ducks for cover)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Awesome, just awesome!
How can anyone look at these and say that we are alone on this rock. We really are just a speck of dirt within a massive forest.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advancedboy
Nice. Now we see how infinite the space is. Yet it is impossible for space to be infinite. If there was a big bang and it took place some billion years ago, it means there was a beginning point. If, in that explosion the matter was scattered out, so it means that having a maximal velocity of speed of light the last remains of matter should be in vicinity of 14bn light years. yet, I declare even that is impossible. According to Einstein an object that has mass if travelling close to speed of light, its mass also increases close to infinity. I guess that, if universe is expanding the furthest objects should travel away even faster as they are tied less gravitationally to the object behind them. In an explsion if 2 objects travel nearby their vectors of direction will be slightly different because explosion starts from a point. In such an explosion, like the big bang 2 objects travelling nearby and having gravitational fields ,yet different direction vectors ,must be hampering each other- meaning reducing their speed. So those objects that trvael further and are more scattered will have less gravitational effects of the objects nearby. This is just my guess.

the people that try and determine the "age" of the universe are simply wrong. there is no way you can measure...you can only measure what we can observe with our instruments at this time in history. the arrogance of the human race to pretend to know about this is laughable.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join