It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble deep field like you've never seen it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

You do realize that the deep field pictures are taken from a very very small portion of the sky? Like extremely small You think they should be different because of angles and such, but there is a ton more angle difference in the picture you showed with the stadium lights, than between the 2 stars, due to the huge amount of distances between them and the telescope.

If I remember correctly, they had to detect light for like 10 or 11 days in 1 single area just to get those pictures.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

indeed. look at my example last page.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Originally posted by Charismagic
But that galaxy plus the mass of clouds surrounding it had no right to impersonate a boomerang shaped HUGE UFO!

Those are not clouds.... it's not smoke either...

Those are actually billions and trillions and zillions of stars and galaxies that come together to look like clouds.

Just like billions of molecules of water come together to make clouds, those are billions of stars that come together to make what looks like clouds.

Just in case you didn't know.

NOW I am going to sulk! They are clouds, so there!

I read your other post and the Wiki link. Thats ok. No one knows everything.

Talking of that, guys, can we please stop squabbling over technological trifles?

These are amazing pics, plus some light hearted fun....lets just enjoy the ride.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
reply to post by sliceNodice

Is this unusual?

Isnt there a lot of galaxies colliding?

How many times have you seen 3 galaxies colliding 13 billions years back in time? How about 3 galaxies colliding in general?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The photos from Hubble are spectacular but many need to realize something. The general public ONLY gets to view these photos AFTER they have been cleared through certain channels. Due to "Big Brother's" ongoing cover up of UFO's, doesn't it stand to reason that Big Brother has already went over Hubble's photos with a fine tooth comb, eliminating any traces of UFO activity before passing the photo on to the media?

Sure, in the not too distant future Big Brother won't be able to continue the cover up but Big Brother is going to hold on to it just as tight as it can in the meantime.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Amazing pictures, especially the one with all the "little" galaxies and stars on them. Just how many of them have planets around them? I bet we looked at about 300 solar systems with some sort of life-sustaining planet on it and we don't even notice.

Great thread, some day humans will explore those regions, probably in thousands of years but I'm sure it will happen.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

reply to post by xynephadyn

I think UFO's bigger than solar systems dont exist.

Do you realize the scale?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Copernicus]

Thats not just a solar system brotha, thats an entire galaxy!

Yeah, I think people are pulling things out of thin air here.
Chances are, with the scale we are looking at, we wouldn't be able to see any UFOs.
Doesn't mean they dont exist though.

That object in the first pic in the Orion nebula looks like an object, but is in fact a forming galaxy as already explained.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Truly outstanding. Breathtaking, awe inspiring, beautiful. If only we could explore, what magnificent things we might discover and judging the nature of our world, what horrors to. Cheers!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by badmedia

indeed. look at my example last page.

Yeah, good stuff. I was just a bit surprised you thought the fake star claim was valid.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hi guys, I don't know if anyone noticed this on the Orion Nebula, but there seems to be 2 objects (not stars) in the picture... wonder if it is a picture error or something else...

Scroll to the right and you'll see it in the center

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Kantele]

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Kantele]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantele

I dont mean to sound rude but you obviously havn't read the thread before posting

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
reply to post by adrenochrome

You're just saying that because you're part of the Great Coverup.

I, for one, welcome our new galaxy-sized overlords.

LOL!! thanks, Majic, that really brightened my day!

...still chuckling...

i'm glad someone understands...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Those little dark dots are Globules (thick wads of gas). They are common in nebulae.

Edit: Sorry let me correct myself.

Those are protoplanetary disks

hubblesite.org...

[edit on 8/15/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantele

it's a protoplanetary disk...
as stated earlier in this thread.
Protoplanetary Disks

Resembling an interstellar Frisbee, this is a disk of dust seen edge-on around a newborn star in the Orion nebula, located 1,500 light-years away. Because the disk is edge-on, the star is largely hidden inside, in this striking Hubble Space Telescope picture. The disk may be an embryonic planetary system in the making. Our solar system probably formed out of just such a disk 4.5 billion years ago. At 17 times the diameter of our own solar system, this disk is the largest of several recently discovered in the Orion nebula.

thanks to Phage for finding this info in this thread.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I just read it on another thread. It is a proto planetary disc as addressed. Cool to have pictures of those discs anyway

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ok everyone, here's the video that i was looking for that explains those anomalies in the Orion Nebula...

i recall seeing this first on that Discovery Channel show, The Universe, but i believe it was Michio Kaku doing the voice-over for this particular graphic (although i could be mistaken) - i can't seem to find that version, but things are explained almost the exact same here...

EDIT:
this seems to resemble the version they had on the Discovery Channel show, but the poster edited out the sound...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsmithiex
very nice pics, how did you get these?
second line safe

An aviation buddy sent me the link to the navigable image.

Here's the site with source images. The high resolution file is over 600 MB. They recommend downloading the file instead of opening it in the browser. I didn't believe them, and it crashed mine!

Looks like these images were released in 2007, but just recently made into the composite.

Hubble Pans Across Heavens to Harvest 50,000 Evolving Galaxies

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The entire width of the image, in angular size, is no bigger on the sky than the apparent width of your finger held at arm's length.

To astronomers, however, this seemingly small area is a big piece of celestial real estate. To cover even this much of the sky, Hubble's Advanced Camera for Surveys snapped more than 500 separate exposures, at 63 different pointings, spread out over the course of one year.

Just some more info on these pics as to the source. It's just mind boggling...gotta be life out there somewhere.

The Full Story

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wow, this is amazing man!

Looking at all those galaxies makes me feel so dang tiny. Truly a great find by you. Star and flag. Do you have anymore to share?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
WOW. GREAT find!! Thanks for posting these! Incredible! Those dark spots, in my opinion, are pretty mysterious and interesting. There's nothing like a look into the past as we move into the future.

From my little understanding of quantum physics, those stadium lights (and stars) aren't casting shadows, but are being observed subjectively... I believe...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join