It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Stewart pwns Glen Beck....again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We're all aware how sponsors have been jumping from Glen Beck's show like rats fleeing a sinking ship lately. We've all seen his melt downs, his "fanning the flames" of the extreme right, his hypocrisy and crazy antics.

This contrast of clips put together by TDS cements the truth even more. Less then 1 1/2 years ago Beck does a show about how bad the American health system is and now is calling it the best in the world. Is this guy completely insane or is it.... Glen Beck doesn't care about news or the truth and thus by extension YOU. He cares only about sensationalizing anything to raise fear and anger when it's convenient for his ratings, his handlers agenda and his bank account.....which should be diminishing as the sponsors leave. I know I'm just repeating what most already know

For Americans ( hope this is the right clip as I'm in Canada and can't view it):

Glen Beck completely contraditing himself again

same clip for canadians

Any probs with the links just search for TDS August13...it's the first segment of the show.

Here's a crappy quality Ytube

Why is it, a comedian has to point this stuff out and not regular MSM. Anyways good for a laugh

~edit~ to correct the correct spelling of the slang pwn'ed lol

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Connector]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
UH yes he is crazy, well better put a good show men... You want to see crazy read these transcripts of his show - can anyone say screaming fire in a crowded theater?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will bust him on the nose if I ever cross his path.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What is the definition of your use of the word pawns? Because according to the dictionary the usage doesn't fit.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Main Entry: 1pawn
Pronunciation: \ˈpȯn, ˈpän\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English pown, from Anglo-French peoun, paun, from Medieval Latin pedon-, pedo foot soldier, from Latin ped-, pes foot — more at foot
Date: 14th century
1 : one of the chessmen of least value having the power to move only forward ordinarily one square at a time, to capture only diagonally forward, and to be promoted to any piece except a king upon reaching the eighth rank
2 : one that can be used to further the purposes of another

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

www.urbandictionary.com...

As far as the OP ...

It's not like JS did anything, with Glen all you have to do is press "record" and wait ...

The self inflicted pwnage is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
What is the definition of your use of the word pawns? Because according to the dictionary the usage doesn't fit.

I could be mistaken, but I believe he's using the onomatopoeia for the internet slang "pwn", as in, Jon Stewart pwned Glenn Beck.

Which he most certainly did, if you saw the bit.

Glenn Beck is the ultimate hypocrite. When he was at the mercy of our healthcare system, he couldn't help but denounce it. Now that a Democrat is in office and wants to reform the system, its' suddenly the 'best in the world'.

Either the man has awful memory (not likely), or he is just a partisan shill (likely).

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
mm:

You are correct...a good showman! With no care about what comes outta his mouth as long as it's flashy.

RR:

Really that's your reply? What do you think of the vid? Any opinions? I would have to choose #2 in your definition....furthering John's agenda, but honestly after I posted I felt I should have used "owns" or better yet " John Stewart EXPOSES Glen Beck's hypocrisy....yet again. Think I'll go with that instead...let's see if I can edit it.

~edit~ After reading S-dog's reply....I will leave the title, I was pretty sure I used the slang correctly LOL.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by RRconservative

I could be mistaken, but I believe he's using the onomatopoeia for the internet slang "pwn", as in, Jon Stewart pwned Glenn Beck.

Which he most certainly did, if you saw the bit.

Glenn Beck is the ultimate hypocrite. When he was at the mercy of our healthcare system, he couldn't help but denounce it. Now that a Democrat is in office and wants to reform the system, its' suddenly the 'best in the world'.

Either the man has awful memory (not likely), or he is just a partisan shill (likely).

Werd

yup

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The "UrbanDictionary" misspelled "simmilar" (sic)!!

Now, THAT'S funny!!

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 14-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Ahh.....Glenn Becks hypocrisy at its best. His followers don't care because the information is no good when coming from a "lefty loony" like John Stewart.

Heres a video of Glenn yelling at Stu. At about 10 secs he says " he doesn't give a dam about the borders" (news to me) and then proceeds to tell Stu too write the Monalogue. Beckers will just twist it to where they can still believe in him.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock87
Wow, a Liberal comedian makes total ass out of Right-wing reporter/comedian! This is some seriously good reporting! Where would we be without one of the best brainwashing assministration kissing comedians!

I guess you didn't see the video, but Jon Stewart didn't make an ass out of anyone...

Glenn Beck made an ass out of himself.

That's the great thing about The Daily Show, they just take clips of political figures contradicting themselves (which they so often do), and air them together with the dates, just so you can see how ridiculously undereducated and shortsighted our elected officials are in this country.

And the best thing about The Daily Show is that they don't just do it to the republicans, look up Jon Stewart ripping on Obama, he has done it quite a few times. They are brutally honest over there at Comedy Central, and sadly the are probably the last network that truly is.

And it's a "comedy".

Our nation is screwed.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock87

Wow, a Liberal comedian makes total ass out of Right-wing reporter/comedian!

So you believe that Beck is a reporter/comedian?

This is some seriously good reporting!

No it's a really funny joke ( funny because it's true lol). By a comedian on a comedic show aired on a comedy network. Beck is the one that's suppose to be reporting. That is after all as he bills himself and his show on a news network. See the irony?

Thanks for the link canihavemyvoteback!

Beck: " I hate frigging cats"

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think what this highlights better than anything is the fact that the different networks have different agendas. IE when Glenn Beck switched form CNN to FOX his line totally switched.

It's not that Glenn Beck is a hypocrite per se, rather that he's a spineless weasel who will say anything as long as there's a paycheck in it for him.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Please be aware of ATS attitude toward political discussions:

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Love Beck or hate him, but consider the above link first.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
UH yes he is crazy, well better put a good show men... You want to see crazy read these transcripts of his show - can anyone say screaming fire in a crowded theater?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will bust him on the nose if I ever cross his path.

Just finished checking out your link....lotsa great vids and info. Thanks!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

As Stewart often says " We couldn't make this stuff up...." It basically writes itself. Bill Maher has been ripping into Obama lately as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

As highlighted in the vid clips........maybe the Comedy Network should try and snag him if he gets booted from FOX! Then I'd watch him

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
We're all aware how sponsors have been jumping from Glen Beck's show like rats fleeing a sinking ship lately.

on so many sponsors have jumped of his ship , about 12 gee i think that's a lot(not really)

Glenn beck ship is sinking you know i think your right that's why his ratings are some 200 percent higher than any show on msnbc or cnn
i agree hes a wacko but by no means is his ship sinking.. don't you know this country is full of wackos on both or any side of the political spectrum

the left wing media has taken a 3 second clip from his show calling Obama a racist ,shown his sponsors and blackmailed them into dropping beck because they do not want the negative press from the 80 percent liberal media ,its not worth it

[edit on 14-8-2009 by standupamerica32]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Thanks for the link canihavemyvoteback! Beck: " I hate frigging cats

Your welcome. When it comes down to it Beck doesn't care what comes out his mouth as long as his listeners believe it!!

Heres another one with Jeff Fisher (?), apparently this guy works with Beck and his crew. Not sure if it is joke, but funny to watch.

I use to actually listen to and believed Beck ( for about 2 months) so my thing with him is personal as I felt betrayed and lied too when I started to realize that he is just selling fear. He took advantage of peoples vuleralbility after the economy crashed and after the elections. People started to have the post 911 syndrome of "get him,them, her or whoever."

Sad things is most will never admit they were duped EVER, or until its too late and the damage they've done cannot be fixed.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by standupamerica32

on so many sponsors have jumped of his ship , about 12 gee i think that's a lot(not really)

Here's the latest update I could find. These aren't your local Pontiac dealers or Tex/Mex restaurant with a new special. These are international companies with major buck$ and influence.

Updated: Even more advertisers pull support for Glen Beck

Glenn beck ship is sinking you know i think your right that's why his ratings are some 200 percent higher than any show on msnbc or cnn

Source please!?

i agree hes a wacko but by no means is his ship sinking.. don't you know this country is full of wackos on both or any side of the political spectrum

Agreed!!

the left wing media has taken a 3 second clip from his show calling Obama a racist

Actually it's this clip which is the problem and it's alittle bit longer then 3secs. Beck switches his opinon 3 times... illustrating the OP. He'll make an outrageous comment, backtrack and then confirm his first comment. To quote Urkel " Did I say that?"

his sponsors and blackmailed them into dropping beck because they do not want the negative press from the 80 percent liberal media ,its not worth it

Why would his sponsors have to be shown? He broadcasts his opinion in the media.....it's not hidden. He is his own negative press. Voting with your feet......the base of democracy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join