It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Leviticus 18:22 dilemma

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
it's simple,
the parables work behind the words

it's because you can not read the law if you do not give love first,
only then you can understand the law, by need, i repeat by need,
because struggle allows you to see yourself in the other person,
that mercy builds your soul and will allow you to see
the blessing of the law instead of the curse.

It's not only religious people who go the wrong direction,
when non believing persons do not grow love either,
they will be scared by the energy religion will spill,
by their neglect they can not understand love either.

Love means a cross, it's not happy news, but by the weight
you enlarge your heart and you become deeper happy even when you
are not fully yet, and still struglling.

Basicly, there will be a lot of divided camps that will not understand love,
religion, atheists, scientist

but out all of those branches will come people who do understand,
even atheist are from god before they see the full picture,
when they enlarge their love and care.

We were all blind, thats the news.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Either way though, both are sins, both are clearly explained as being sins in the bible, marriage is clearly spelled out as being between members of the opposite sex by Christ, and same sex relationships are specifically mentioned as being sinful in both the Old & New Testament as well as the Quran (as pointed out above). You can play with the lingo all you like to try and ignore this, but your only fooling yourself, certainly not God. Me personally, it has no effect on me, so you can read it however you want to scratch your itching ears...

2 Timothy 3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I am simply trying to tell you the truth of the matter.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by defcon5]

1st I'll reiterate that adultry is not homosexuality. Unless memory fails, the original post was trying to liken them as the same thing. Unmarried people whether same sex or not are not committing adultry. It would be fornication. These are not the same things. I imagine in your example of Jesus' words he's talking to married individuals, so please don't take things out of context and think I won't notice.

2nd, on that matter, I'd thank you not to assume my itching ears, lustful nature or that I believe a false doctrine or anything of the like. I happen to be a Christian, married and not homosexual, so rather than try to support your views with adhominem like attacks, try sticking to the questions being asked and support your opinion with valid evidence. I think that would be more appropriate would it not? Thx.

Finally, could you please reference the mentions in the New Testament.
Thx again.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If the Torah was a forest, and it had been taken care of by "Christians" it would be full of dry, hollow, rotten trees. And they don't even know what kind of trees has been seeded and cultivated there, and what was the plan with the forest in the first place. The Law is a way of life, where every sin is forgiven with sacrifice. Moses was a murderer, but he received God's love. In the eyes of today's "Christians" abba Avraham committed adultary and was an adulterer. Still Jesju held them in great regard.

"Where is your love, my people? Your ways of judgement kills of everyone and everything we love! A cold and lonely world with every detail witnessing what we miss so much. Everything left is in memory of freedom and fun and love. What you somehow found a sin and thereby sawed off the branch you were sitting uppon. It's a shame to name our dogs after you all. It's a damn shame. In the box we all walk and fly and see God whenever we'd ask for it. These days you all walk blind. And in your eyes we are the blind ones. It's a God Damned Shame!"

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Torah was written to humble us, as a guidebook into knowing God. Trust me, we are all sinners, and for what I know God cannot sin, since he is all energy and spirit and everything about God is "autonomously Good's", but without setting people free, you can't be saved and it will all be measured out and each our souls, that in Eden spoke our faith/fate/fait/"what you did or will do in your life", always equals our life. Satan's soul was awesome, what about your own? You hate Satan, but you claim to love his challenge, Jesus. Satan will outlive us all, but you.... YOU "X-Seans" will never even see your own reflection in the mirror....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

2 Timothy 3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I am simply trying to tell you the truth of the matter.

Even Saul Paulus declares he is resting uppon doctrines -- interpretations often turned into automatic replies and reactions and annual rituals etc. to somehow remind people on what is not natural, but needs us to be reminded to uphold the right level of "Christianness". People being dipped so far into Hell themselves claim there are still "sinners deeper down that deserved it better", you make me all sick, what's a sin when the law against it doesn't stand testing? "Welcome to the law, you are free!". I was tutored in this.... Satan or Jeeses, whoever had a legitimate claim, against a fake pearl in your soul....

[edit on 16/8/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I think you're reading way to much into it...
By "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman", I always took it to mean "Do not sexually lay down with a man".
Seems pretty straightforward to me.

But still it's out of context. David had a male lover in my bible. Still he is concidered the Arch King of Israel.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All the our's and whose's seem to be lost in translation.....

LOL

Deep! Veeeery deeeep...

[edit on 16/8/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bako1
wow!
i am amazed !

I never even knew about this verse in Leviticus, but clearly it does state in my opinion, don't have sex with a guy, its not a women it has no vagina.

Read Genesis the first book of the bible~!

...Genesis19:4-5, describes what followed, which confirms the verdict as to the sin of Sodom and its end: When they had not yet retired, and the people of the city, the people of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, the entire populace from every end [of the city]. And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, and let us know them." In response, Lot refuses to give his guests to the inhabitants of Sodom, and instead offers them his two unmarried daughters, "who have not known man", to do with as they please. However, they refuse this offer, and threaten to do worse to Lot than they would have done to his guests, and press sore upon him. Lot's angelic guests rescue him, and strike the men with blindness. They then command Lot to gather his family and leave, revealing that they were sent to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. As they make their escape the angels command Lot and his family not to look back under any circumstance. However as Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed with fire and brimstone by God, Lot's wife looks back longingly at the city, and becomes a pillar of salt.

The sins of the people in Sodom discribed in Genesis 19 was mass rape, not homosexuality. You can see a similar story in one of the books of Kings. It is often referred to as hospitality-laws in modern literature concerning the issue. Whenever someone entered the city, the men of the city would gather and then rape them in the town square, whether they were men, women or children. Hospitality, my pooping donkey! Sodom, Gomorrah, Adma and Sebojim were destroyed because of these godless customs. Are all rapists gay, and all gays rapists in your opinion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join