It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREE ENERGY Ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am always having thoughts for free energy/over-unity etc and thought other people might have the same sort of ideas and we could all just share our ideas.

For instance I keep having this idea of a long tube, like a hose but about 1-2 meters wide. Like a sewerage pipe, or a water pipe... a big one. Making it say just 1 kilometer long or more. In the pipe have turbines (you know like a small wind turbine / fan thing) that catches the wind/air every just say 2 meters or so... At one end of the pipe connect a device the forces air through the wind tunnel pipe. Either that or a powerful vacuum. Either way air goes through one end. and out the other. It may take a turbines worth of power or two to power the device that forces the air through, but the amount of turbines in the tunnel/pipe making power would be far more than that used....

I've often wondered the same thing with HydroPower Dams. Why not make just a long downhill decent with lots of turbines in a tube like fashion and produce lots more power for the same amount of water used.......

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
paint the tube black.. put it on the south side of a 20 floor building ... now you have the draft .

and stators and rotor blades with controllable vents to make it more or left " compressive " so that the flow continues night and day.

make it a heavy gauge steel for it holds heat ( between moving clouds )...

idea 2)

put it in the exsaust fans of factorys , tall buildings , and structure that vents hot air out the top .

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Why not generate power from a 65 foot long light pipe.
3M makes them. Now LG is selling them with their
Plasma Lighting System. The light pipes look very bright.
LG Light Pipes installed South Korea

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
One of the big problems with wind mills is the power generated is so variable. So they are often hooked to storage batteries that are expensive, have to be replaced and do not have a very good energy conversion ratio.

I have been toying with the idea of a windmill and ponds. I live on a farm on the top of a hill. Although the area is not considered good for wind mills, my hill seems to always have a breeze.

What if I set up two ponds at different heights. I generate electricity by running water from the upper to the lower pond and use the wind mill to move the water back to the upper pond. This lets my ponds act as batteries and evens out the power supply.

Now if only I had the money to build the ponds and windmills and bribe the town officials and EPA to let me build it...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
the joke is... 'god makes rivers , goverment dam them .'

to my knowledge there is nothing any one can do to keep you from moving water around your own dirt ...

removing water from the ground water or a stream or creek will get you in trouble .

if you can your local power provider , they can tell you how to get your genarator liceinced .

may I suggest a datsun 280z oil pump ( gerotor )turning a deisel truck genarator . most machine shops can have it nichol plated and build a adaptor plate ....

the big problem will be the electronic .

talk to the utility about peak power selling... where you will provide power at only certain times of day...
you may be surprised how much help that you can get in terms of advice...

frankly speaking , it is a conflict of intrest for them to help you at all .
keep in mind , they buy and sell power... they don't produce it.
so you need to talk face to face , and let them know " this is all off the record "

they can get you lined up for green power grants , green asstance , and DOE programms .

but they can't do it officialy in most parts of the country ...

the power company wants you to succeed... but not officialy.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Some ideas

1. We could build a massive concave mirror-space station in space which would aim and focus the suns rays on a power station, which will boil the water untill steam is formed which will turn a turbine. / could also be used to aim at solar panels. i believe the germans in world war 2 were developing a similar concept on the grounds of destroying cities and boiling water supplies - ultimate weapon.

2. We could dig down very deep into the ground and use the thermal heat from the core to heat water to boiling point creating energy. - same concept could possibly be used inside a volcano if we can develop metals strong enough to withstand the immense heat generated, creating renewable energy.

3. We could harness the energy that our planet generates from its spinning around every day, also from the energy generated from rotating around our sun.

4. Harness the power of cold fusion - if possible

5. Harness and develop zero point/ vaccum power

6. Harness the power of gravity to power up.

These are my ideas.

With regard to water usage in nuclear power generation, we could build them hundreds of meters underground, the deepness down would protect the inhabitants of cities and towns above from an ecplosion or meltdown. The water would be turned into steam during the process and would travel up a pipe which goes past the turbines hundreds of meters vertically and be cooled towards the top so the steam turns back to its liquid state(water) and goes down an a)acent pipe back down to the water supply at the bottom to be used.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
How about a water turbine shrank to fit standard water lines used in most cities and mounted on city water lines in order to power street lights. Im not sure how practical it would be but if it worked the one with the patent for the small water line turbine would make a fortune by selling them to cities every where.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We could also save trees being cut down by using HEMP. Hemp has many many uses, from clothes,paper etc. Paper made from hemp is superiour to paper made from trees, as it is stronger and sturdier. We can also use the oil to power things, instead of the black oil we now use.

We could also build lots of farmland in massive silo's underground. Having them afew Miles' squared and hundreds of meters deep would save up quite alot of land and provide a ready food source safe from natures destructive ways. We could grow the fruit and vegtables hydroponically or artificially with lots of UV lights etc. This could solve problems in countries where land is scarce.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Your idea has a huge flaw: You are assuming that if the wind goes in at some speed, it will come out at the same speed on the other side. This is not ture unless there is nothing to slow it down, in this case, its your turbines.

The first generator inside the tube will produce energy, say, 50% of the power used by the air pump that's pulling the air inside. The second generator will produce, say, 25%. The third, say, 7%, and so on, but once you add the power produced by all turbines inside your tube, you will see that they don't add up to 100%.

Of course those numbers are just made up, but they do reflect what you can actually expect. In the end you end up wasting more energy than what you generated.

You could, however, create a device that senses wind direction and moves the oppenings of your device in the direction of the wind. But using an air pump to drive air inside is out of the question.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Cool idea, self powered wind pipe, I too have had ideas, mine has to do primarily with magnets, but a fan as well, but no wind involved, mine idea is sketchy, because I'm not an engineer, but it's basically a fan within a fan of magnets and they move initally by a small motor and supposedly after enough rotations becomes self powered and maybe produce some tiny ammount of free energy but I'm no engineer, I don't think that's the key, your idea sounds like it would produce more energy, I think there's a grand idea out there but we're just to primitive as oil burning humans to be forced into evolving.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

dude trow in an Archimedes' screw too!

Then you generate energy via the drop and use wind to pump the water back to the top.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
my idea is simple.

LIVE SIMPLY.

Our current standards could easily be changed REDUCING the amount of energy we consume making present alternatives more viable.

I know, this is a cop out in every way at least in regard to the OP, but hey, it works.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by DaRAGE

Why not generate power from a 65 foot long light pipe.
3M makes them. Now LG is selling them with their
Plasma Lighting System. The light pipes look very bright.
LG Light Pipes installed South Korea

www.azom.com...

LG Electronics has announced its plans to develop Plasma Lighting System (PLS), the next generation lighting system, as a new business venture. The company plans to achieve sales of US $1 billion by 2015. LG also plans to focus its business efforts on selling core PLS component modules while introducing four 'PLS' products. "The PLS technology eliminates the need for mercury to produce light, so it is environment friendly," said Young-Ha Lee, CEO of the Digital Appliance Company at LG Electronics. "We believe PLS products will quickly replace streetlamps and industrial lightings and we plan to utilize the LG brand's global recognition and sales network to achieve sales of over US $1 billion by 2015," said Mr. Lee. LG targets the high wattage market of 300-plus Watt lighting products. The market represents US $3.7 billion of the US $80 billion global lighting market and the figure is projected to grow to US $7 billion by 2010. During the earlier stage of the new initiative, LG plans to install PLS products on recognizable buildings and to forge partnerships with other lighting equipment providers around the world. And LG hopes to develop the initiative as a core business for the company. "We believe it is important to forge mutually beneficial relationships with lighting system manufacturers with industry expertise to successfully jumpstart our entry in the market and to produce various lighting products," said Young-Jin Bae, the Chief of the PLS division at LG Electronics. "We hope to eventually be able to produce PLS modules for our partners to manufacture completed lighting products." LG has already agreed on partnership deals with 5 Korean manufacturers and is looking for similar partnerships overseas. The company invested over US $200 million to develop the technology since 1999. More than 1,000 PLS products have already been installed worldwide for test purposes. Invented first by Thomas Edison, all light bulbs produce light energy through an electrode. However, the Plasma Lighting System eliminates the need for an electrode, instead uses microwaves to produce plasma energy, which emits light. Because a PLS lighting does not have an electrode, it is 20,000 hours long lived and is said to produce light that is closest to the natural sunlight.

Micro wave lighting.
Every 100 years we get higher frequencies and greater voltage.

I noticed the DTV to NTSC converter box is quite light weight.
With out an external AC to DC supply that is so common the small
power supply must be internal and less iron core transformer, perhaps
an air core transformer configuration.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Surround that LG Light Pipe with 230 watt solar panels from SunPower.
Create a 4 sided solar box down the entire length of the 65 foot
light pipe.
98,000 lumens shooting in both ends = 196,000 lumens.
Full Spectrum Light Source
Should be able to generate more power than is consumed by the
PLS lamps. - Free Power -

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
reply to post by DaRAGE

Your idea has a huge flaw: You are assuming that if the wind goes in at some speed, it will come out at the same speed on the other side. This is not ture unless there is nothing to slow it down, in this case, its your turbines.

The first generator inside the tube will produce energy, say, 50% of the power used by the air pump that's pulling the air inside. The second generator will produce, say, 25%. The third, say, 7%, and so on, but once you add the power produced by all turbines inside your tube, you will see that they don't add up to 100%.

Of course those numbers are just made up, but they do reflect what you can actually expect. In the end you end up wasting more energy than what you generated.

You could, however, create a device that senses wind direction and moves the oppenings of your device in the direction of the wind. But using an air pump to drive air inside is out of the question.

I dont understand... If air is getting forced into the pipe and can only escape at one end, then the air being forced into the pipe at just say 10 cubic meters of air a second will travel through the pipe at 10 cubic meters and second and will exit the pipe at 10 cubic meters a second as the air has no where else to go.

Hell if you want you can imagine it this way. Each fan/turbine thingo is seperated in the 2 meter pipe from each other by a concrete wall that has one smaller hole where air will blow out that hole and directly hit one of the fan blades on the turbine causing it to move. each fan/turbine is seperated the same way. Now Starting with the compartment of turbine one, which is directly connected to the pump that forced the air in... That compartment with have a positive air pressure which needs to escape and the only way it can is through the hole onto the fans of turbine 2, and as such the only way for the extra air in turbine compartment two to escape is through the hole that directly lands the air into turbine compartment 3, etc. The air has to go somewhere and the only way is through a hole directly onto a fans/turbines blades that makes it spin. Its a bit complicated but not so much...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Surround that LG Light Pipe with 230 watt solar panels from SunPower.
Create a 4 sided solar box down the entire length of the 65 foot
light pipe.
98,000 lumens shooting in both ends = 196,000 lumens.
Full Spectrum Light Source
Should be able to generate more power than is consumed by the
PLS lamps. - Free Power -

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

Yeah, thats interesting.
Solar power has been around and improved many times.
True power from light or the sun or perhaps cosmic energy.
The solar cell is a trapped radioactive process.
Plus and minus charges are knocked out of elemential compounds
and are collected for DC battery storage and regular power.

There are many similar processes.
The microwave energizing of light from atomic gases, that do not
wear out, is a great leap forward.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Thanks for the ideas guys. I was not happy to learn if you use "do it you self" power generation you lose your home owners insurance GRRrrrrr

Seems General Electric also owns insurance companies and wants to make a killing on "green technology"

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I did some more thinking. You can use home made ponds and a home made wind mill to turn the Archimedes' screw the only UL certified equipment needed is the generator. This would still be much cheaper than a commercial wind mill or solar cells and deep cycle batterys.

The Farm Show Magazine lists
WINDMILLS
1. A vertical wind mill (Savonious Rotor) for moving water uses steel barrels that drive a car rear end hooked to a conventional windmill piston pump. CONTACT: [email protected]

2. Home built windmill and generator CONTACT [email protected]

GENERATOR
3. This takes advantage of a typical farm creek.Normal generators need a 4 ft drop this guy came up with a generator design that uses a 2 3/4 ft drop Cost about $2,500 it produces 9.6 kilowatt -hrs per day or 400 watts CONTACT WWW.public.usit.net/pinecrst/text/hydro.htm

new topics

top topics

join