It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had to explain your EDC kit?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To the authorities i mean?

I'm probably referring more to the UK lot here, but i guess some of the items in an EDC kit could raise a few eyebrows to the authorities if stopped in the US too.

For example, i travel around the UK a fair bit. One particular station has started using x-ray scanners, and some places have random bag searches. If you were to be asked what you were doing with your EDC kit, what would you say?

Do you think what you carry could give you grief from the police? I know it won't matter too much if TSHTF, but many people carry their EDC kits during their everyday peacefull lives, at work, in their leisure time etc.

CX.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What's an edc kit? All I can think of is diabetic kits. Is this right?
Not sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I've been stopped with mine on several occasions. Generally I tell them its none of their business. In Canada we have the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms which says that we cannot be searched or questioned if we are not doing something illegal.
The one time I did show an officer what I had he complemented me on its contents commenting that he'd never seen a kit that was so well stocked and so compact. I have a lot of stuff that would have questionable uses but despite going through the kit with a fine toothed comb he didn't have any concerns. The guy was fairly outdoorsy so I guess he understood why I would be carrying such items.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Whats an EDC kit?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

EDC is a survival term. It means Every-Day Carry.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I always have my bag/bags with me, depending on the days activities.
Guns are a common thing around here and if you have the right permits you can carry about anywhere.
Thats a huge advantage being from the country and being able to carry anything you would like. Nobody pays any attention to you for having a gun hanging up in the back window of your truck.

top topics

join