It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama denounces emphasis on health care protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

President Barack Obama on Friday denounced what he suggested was news media overemphasis on scenes of angry protesters at town-hall meetings on health care. "TV loves a ruckus," Obama said.

Trying to sell his overhaul plan amid an increasingly noisy partisan debate, Obama told a town hall-style meeting in an airport hangar, "What you haven't seen on TV and what makes me proud are the many constructive meetings going on all over the country."

He said Americans are being held hostage by health insurance companies that deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions or cancel coverage when people get sick.

The president kicked off his four-state push for his plan with a pointed joke: He said Montana has bears, moose and elk, and "in Washington, you just mostly have bull."

While hundreds demonstrated outside, there was no sign of protesters on the airstrip where Air Force One landed or inside the hangar at the airport near Bozeman.

rawstory.com...

The people have the right to know that they are not alone in being angry that the administration try to rush a health bill that contains questionable content.

The people have the RIGHT to know WHAT IT CONTAINS.

The administration is afraid of what is happening and are now trying to tell the MSM that they need to stop showing this stuff. Guess what, the protests won't end until every point is made clear to the public. Until WE THE PEOPLE, see that it BENEFITS US and NOT THE COPORATIONS, BIG PHARMA or the GOV.

If the gov is afraid of a few protests showing that people are pissed, doesn't that raise a red flag? A government that is not willing to have open unrestrained debate, discourse and involvement with the public is not a government that anyone needs. Period.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Doesn't address the OTHER angry people like myself, who's family has been wiped by one
serious illness. A life time of hard work to pay for a 1/10,000 disease, he is addressing that and my anger is much more potent as it HAS thrashed my entire family, did, done happened.

$1,700,000 bill

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I heard some of his Montana meeting and am wondering this.

He seemed to talk about how he doesn't want insurance companies dropping coverage and don't want them doing this or that.

Why doesn't the government just mandate what they will and won't allow the insurance companies to do?

Hell, they can set up a Insurance Czar.

Won't this achieve most of what he wants to do?

As far as the 40 million uninsured, place them on medicaid, medicare, or on Cpngresses plan and charge them based on a sliding chart.

The more they make the more they pay for their own insurance.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

The people have the right to know that they are not alone in being angry that the administration try to rush a health bill that contains questionable content.

The people have the RIGHT to know WHAT IT CONTAINS.

What are you on about?

The entire bill (all 1000 pages) can be read in its entirety right here:

govtrack.us

I'm no supporter of this brand of health care reform, but don't try to act like there is some grand conspiracy to hide it from the people. It's all right there in black and white.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

That is just one out of the 5 that are floating around the only two we have access too are HR3200 and Kennedy's Health Care plan.

The other 3 have not been published. The only clear way of what we are going to get is to take all 5 bills read them all and then mix and match at what they are going to come up with.

What is going to happen is if this bill passes the House and Senate they are going to reconcile the bill and throw everything that other members of congress wanted taken out and put it right back in.

We seriously need a law or something that states the same identical bill must pass the House and Senate, none of this reconciliation crap.

Edit to fix tag.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Obama denounces emphasis on health care protests

I'm sure he is denouncing those who question or denounce him.
He's a meglomaniac politician. If this fails to go through then
he won't get re-elected. Then Michelle will be ticked that she
can't have her weekly Wednesday Cocktail Parties , with the kobe beef, all paid for by
the taxpayer.

If Michelle ain't happy .. no one in that family will be happy!

Seriously though .. his reelection is on the line. And considering
that he's a typical politician I'm sure that is going through his mind
as well as the fact that this is part of his nefarious 'redistribution of
wealth' that he wants to get pushed through onto us taxpayers.

There is a quote floating around that has Obama saying he doesn't
care if he's reelected. But I don't believe him.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Don't you just love the panic of a professional 'Community Organizer' when his community gets out of his control? He has no idea what to do now that his prepared speeches delivered via teleprompter aren't sending thrills up everyones' legs. He is just clueless as to what to do next.

new topics

top topics

join