It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs[Op Ed]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
No problem Lou can go to work for either NPR or Mark Cuban on the HD Networks. I've always found Lou to be honestly direct in his reporting.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
but because I know what his motives are behind his Obama bashing before and after the election, I have lost all respect for him.

His motives? Perhaps his 'motive' is simply to tell the truth about Obama when everyone else around him doesn't. Perhaps integrity is his motive.

"I have to tell you Senator Obama: you've just become my hobby. You are a dangerous illogical inaccurate and I think soulless pandering fool."
- Lou Dobbs

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
To tell you the truth, I'm surprised he was a conservative. He's definitely the most well balanced conservative I've ever known.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Beck, O'rielly, Hannity, Dobbs, all on Fox. Great!. I won't even have to chanfge the channel. (Actually, I don't watch Hannity. He gets on my nerves.) In case all you great intellectual elites don't get it, Fox is Number 1 in ratings, and they are climbing, while everyone else is falling. All because someone had the cojones to take on the TPTB.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Lou Dobbs...bill o'really...Kieth Obermann...glenn beck etc are a waste of time and money...they think that their opinions are the news...and that is far from the truth...their opinions are only their opinions and they should stop being reported as news...its not.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I used to watch Lou Dobbs regularly then I began to notice he really was not a great host, he often talked over guests or arrogantly conducted the interviews, what is funny is I actually watched the show the other day that was posted and I felt like he had no control when the former DNC chair was speaking, he was not really professional in that interview and was surprised it did not escalate but i noticed that when a commercial came on and the show's video was cut you could hear him getting loud and shouting something like this is outrageous or something to that effect when the video was going to transition to the commercial, anyone that can find that, I bet there was another reason than even was seen why he got the axe.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I personally can say I'm very happy to hear this. He genuinely seemed to thrive on stirring up as many problems as he could, and made existing problems worse. Not the kind of "reporter" that merited full reign of his program content. Too biased.

Yes! Glenn Beck should be next.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs

www.billpressshow.com

It took him a long time, but CNN President Jon Klein finally got around to doing what he should have done a long time ago. In order to maintain the professed trademark of his network for objectivity in broadcasting, he realized he had no choice but to fire Lou Dobbs.

Of course, cautious as he is, Klein did not fire the anti-immigration crusader directly, or even alone. He threw Dobbs overboard as part of a vendetta against radio talk show hosts in general.

“The Situation Room,” nor Larry
(visit the link for the full news article)

I can't find this on any major news website and have not heard it on the news.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Beck, O'rielly, Hannity, Dobbs, all on Fox. Great!. I won't even have to chanfge the channel. (Actually, I don't watch Hannity. He gets on my nerves.) In case all you great intellectual elites don't get it, Fox is Number 1 in ratings, and they are climbing, while everyone else is falling. All because someone had the cojones to take on the TPTB.

All because of the emotions Fox stirs up. Conservatives thrive on emotion, especially when they feel empowered by it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For what it's worth.

Lou Dobbs Rumor of Firing Apparently Not True

Story that Lou Dobbs of CNN had been fired got accidently started on the blogosphere by a major media source. As you can see in the above caption this was the story as it appeared on Google before it was pulled. Apparently, what helped get the erroneous story of Dobbs firing get started was a mis-interpretation of a written story by Bill Press on his site billpress.com whereby he gave a scenario that dobbs could be fired in. Apparently, some sources in the main stream media did not check the story out very thoroughly and took his commentary as a statement that Dobbs of CNN had been fired. Many progressives had hoped on Dailykos and throughout the blogosphere that this was the case but were deflated quickly when the story turned out to be not true.

But who knows what's going on in the media world as media executives like Joe Klein president of CNN make statements to the effect of: (para-phrasing) were not going to book talk show hosts. Some in the media world have interpreted these kinds of statements to mean: Hey, Lou, Glenn and Hannity your now going to be held to account for your twisting of the truth and race baiting. What adds to the confusion of media rumors like these are the growing and successful boycotts of racist, inflamers like Glenn Beck. Oh well, sooner or later maybe responsable journalism will return to American airwaves and talk show hosts will emulate men like Walter Cronkite instead of father Coughlin of the 1930's

Source

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How about we just take down CNN? It's dishonest and no better than FOX

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

We shouldn't be "taking down" anybody.

If a talking head ceases to be profitable then let them lose their job. Going out of your way to "take down" talkers because they may be full of lies or venom or just dress poorly night after night is anti-liberty and pro-totalitarian.

I know America is more fascist than ever but I like to pretend this is still the "land of the free."

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This story is NOT true, go to his website (below) and there is no mention of him being fired from CNN. The original poster should be more careful in the future, and check his sources. Or was this spoof post intentional by one of our Agents that frequent this site?

Lou Dobbs website

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Another HOAX by OP. (Usually presented under the auspices of "Hey, look what I found / received not sure if it's true or not, you decide. It should be "fun".)

Just stoking the fire with DISINFO.

It seems to be rampant as of late. Much credibility has been severely tarnished.

As goes the old adage. . . "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

Oh and to add...."Consider the source."

I wish you tidings of great joy. Regards. . . KK

[edit on 15-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yeh, always have CREDIBLE SOURCES. BLOGS ARE NOT SOURCES.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

HAHAHAHAHAH! A couple of different opinions from FOX?... Actually yes, you're technically correct, the couple of opinions are "ultra-right" and "extreme-right".

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I just read that Dobbs may not have been fired afterall.

Lou Dobbs Rumor of Firing Apparently Not True

www.examiner.com...

Why do threads based on unsubstantiated stories explode like this here? I seriously don't get it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Actually, your personal opinions are almost offensive.

With Lou Dobbs, he was always quoted on air as saying "Doesn't anybody deserve a government that works?"This alone speaks separately for his perspective, but he does spout much opinion, you're right.

As for Anderson Cooper, he is one of the hardest working news casters there are. He earned his career from the ground up as a nobody in a suit, and he has finally made something of himself and does his best to keep his personal feelings out of his reporting.

Larry King has been a ratings mogul for over 50 years as far as I can tell (at least 30)! He is a walking bank roll with suspenders! Not that I can watch his show because of the format, but I do find his cattle/UFO bumpers to be funny!

If this happens as you are saying it will, this feels more like a crackdown on news that does not infect everyone with the status quo, rather than CNN becoming a 'better' station.

Then again, you have already made up your mind.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Saw the thread's title, got hopeful, clicked on the source, read it, and it ws clear it was simply a tongue-in-cheek criticism of Klein's view on radio talk show hosts as guests on CNN programs. Does nobody engage in critical reading anymore?

It's all about context. The sarcastic tone at the end told you everything you needed to know.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This kind of unverified postings makes ATS looks like a not-serious website. At least indicate it's a rumor in the headline. This is similar to crap Fox does, like putting a (D) next to Sanford's name.

mediamatters.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join