It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs[Op Ed]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It all started early in the election campaign when Obama made a speech on immigration reform and mentioned Lou Dobbs as a panderer. This upset Lou and he has been against Obama ever since. Here is a video of that event.

BS. Lou Dobbs is against Obama, as he was against Bush, because Obama is a NWO puppet, a globalist, a pro-north american union, pro-NAFTA, anti-sovergnity piece of garbage.

That's why he was against Bush, that's why he's against Obama. He see what's going on, that both parties are sold out, but you obviously don't.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the "blog" make the leaping connection of Lou being fired on its own, with no factual evidence?

Nowhere does the blog make a factual claim that Lou is being fired. It simply states that CNN will not broadcast radio hosts.

And then the blogger adds "I guess this goes for Lou as well".

In my opinion the blog is jumping to a conclusion.

I just wanted to quote this because apparently only one or two people noticed that this is just an assumption by some guy who writes a blog.

But I guess this thread is a perfect example of the total lack of critical thinking by most members here...

Vas

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
CNN has become a big joke anyway. I used to watch then about 2 years ago because they were really very moderate and were the closest thing to the BBC on American television and had a truly global perspective many of the times. Now CNN is saturated with race programs, celebrity reporting and a heavy liberal agenda. CNN is now truly an American news channel. Good for them

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I agree 100%.. The race programs are so absurd, as is the heavy gossip news. And that lady with the fugly mullet and annoying voice.. good lord she needs to go...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I agree 100%.. The race programs are so absurd, as is the heavy gossip news. And that lady with the fugly mullet and annoying voice.. good lord she needs to go...

Rick Sanchez?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Even if everything in the world was suddenly perfect, Lou would still find something to talk about. That being said, I watch his show almost every night because he brings up things I don't see elsewhere. Apart from the 20mins of "morning news"(anyone else notice them replaying old stories, lol), I try not to watch CNN because it's SOO pro-obama now. It's not even funny anymore. If this is true, it's a good example of what happens to anyone who doesn't kiss the new administration's rear end, you get silenced. From someone who watched alot of CNN during the Bush years the contrast from then and now is laughable at best. I don't know how many times we saw the video of Bush dancing in Africa, funny as it may be. Only good things are said about Obama, any guest who says otherwise are generally interrupted by the other guest or the host.

Oh and wth, Nancy Grace still has a job! She doesn't express much "objectivity in broadcasting" you're all guilty and she is superior.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I can't wait for the new Lou Dobbs show.

I wonder when he'll start it.

Loud Dobbs = American Patriot

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't know why they fired him exactly, he didn't say anything too outlandish; but I'm willing to bet he'll be working at Fox News within the next 8 months, and his ratings will soar....just like with Beck. He was already on O'Reilly...probably will be on there again, Fox has pulled in Tucker Carlson, Beck...why not Dobbs?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You mean Donna w/e, the "Democratic Strategist"? What are you talking about, she has great points! Some people are just stupid or ignorant.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I dont watch CNN , so i'm not sure who their guests are, other than David Rodham Gergen... but I'm sure excluding entire classes of people and therefore entrenching "political strategists" (who are these strange people?) makes for a real informed channel of information.

I especially love the drones who are there to simply spew as many talking points in their alloted amount of time as possible , with dogged determination not to let ANYTHING anyone else appearing with them detract from that goal.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Wow...

This is bad for most of you. It shows that you do not read information given to you. You just nod, walk away and accept without any attempt at finding out the truth.

LOU DOBBS WAS NOT FIRED!!!

Each one of you continuing to write as if he was, are showing your peers just how valuable your attention skills are.

Please...stop...think...read.

That's all you need to do for yourself to be worthy of having a future in whatever times to come.

Seriously...we really need each and every one of you to start paying good attention to your world.

This Lou Dobbs is not important...but if you can't even get the facts correct in this silly sense, how the hell are you going to survive the real topics when it all crashes down on you?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Wow...

This is bad for most of you. It shows that you do not read information given to you. You just nod, walk away and accept without any attempt at finding out the truth.

LOU DOBBS WAS NOT FIRED!!!

Obviously, but we really have a chance to get a tasty rumour started here. It has serious potential.

I hope Lou Dobbs covers it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

For the record I never acted as if he was fired becasue I knew he wasn't.. I didn't feel the need to point out the obvious to other folks. (by no means is that a judgment or comment about/on you for having done so , or others for doing it too)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
[edit on 15-8-2009 by really]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I didn't agree with Lou Dobbs on everything. Certain things he espoused I was diametrically opposed to, others I agreed with. I liked him because I believed that he believed what he was reporting. However, I love how so many of you are for capitalism and free market and private control of industry and call it nazism and censorship when the boss fires his employee. Although, he hasn't been fired as of the writing of the article. If in fact he is, it was an executive decision.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Someone posted some Cable Channel stats earlier...

Rockpuck, those weren't Network News stats... they are Cable Channel stats. See them here

Network MSM still has a BIG share;

I read a report that OReilly final matched & beat CBS's ratings once, BUT, I can't find the article now, so take that for what it's worth.

Yet, not to derail this thread but to point out a that a new consortium has been formed, read about it here it's also from TVNewser but there are other sources to back up this report (as opposed to the Dobbs Firing which I imagine was SPLC's wet dream?)

In my opinion, FOX should grab Dobbs and leave CNN with nothing. Even Blitzer whom I respected during some of the war conflicts along with Christine Amonpeour lost all of my respect during the primaries and subsequent election.

These Cable News networks are taking a huge hit ... All because FOX News has become a powerhouse of news and commentary.

I hope that this consortium makes the ratings public as it's very interesting to see what the rest of the country is watching.

I won't delete CNN (not ask my satellite provider to remove CNN) yet... Definitely, when Dobbs goes to FOX, they will be unstoppable.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I just read that Dobbs may not have been fired afterall.

Lou Dobbs Rumor of Firing Apparently Not True

www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

By chance, have you ever actually watched his show, or listened to him on the radio?

He has said, repeatedly, over and over again, that he thinks Obama was born in the United States. All he is doing is reporting on it.

The only thing he brings up is why the president simply doesn't show his birth certificate to shut the people up. That's it. He doesn't agree with their opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I used to watch lou dobbs and glenn beck both when they were slamming bush, they were the greatest !!

but then we got obama who i like, and they are slamming obama now

its like, wtf? they just get people upset for ratings by shouting n all

i've now swapped to msnbc, where we hear the good things obama is doing and can still slam a republican when needed

go go Rachel !! www.youtube.com...

go go Keith !! www.youtube.com...

go go msnbc !

[edit on 15-8-2009 by hisshadow]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I guess if one shares an opinion different from rest of the liberal status quo, they get the heave-ho.

Dobbs was just about CNN's only redeeming quality........at least he didn't appear to be some ventriloquist's dummy with a Democrat's hand up his backside, manipulating the controls.

Where will it end?????

Newscastors, reporters, investigative journalists, etc. are not supposed to be expressing opinion. The news is supposed to be fact drive and completely void of opinion no matter which side anyone is on. Facts and truth have no party affiliation. Dobbs reported that there was no truth to the Birther conspiracy and then turned around and repeated over and over that he still had his doubts. What kind of news is that? He reports a fact and then continues to express his disbelief in it? If he did not believe it, why report it as news? Fox news has conditioned people to expect opinions and spin from the people on tv sitting behind a desk. We have no newscasters anymore, just people who say what they feel and it should be labeled as such. It seems like CNN just wanted to toss out an opinioncaster.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join