It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs[Op Ed]

page: 5
19
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Now CNN can officially become a slanted, bought and paid for liberal cess pool.

Not that it already wasn't, but Dobbs did manage to project a few shards of truth here and there. I guess the communists can't have an actual free thinking American reporting their lies on the same network.


He is an excellent reporter and one of the only honest men on the idiot box. CNN may as well just run 24 hour recorded propaganda reels all day and night similar to what the Viet Cong used to do.

"Resistance is futile. Your leader knows what is best. Resistance is futile. We are from the government and we are here to help you. Communism is righteous"

Shuffle...repeat

[edit on 8/14/09 by BlackOps719]




posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


I hope it isn't true. They need his voice over there when it comes to immigration reform.

What a BEAUTIFUL animal in your avatar!



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


She said: Tyranny is when a group organizes to be disruptive? WTH!



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by hisshadow
eh... about time

who watches cnn anyway? well, just for anderson cooper i suppose




Ratings for 13 Aug 09 (thursday)

(Total Viewers, Live + DVR)



5PM
BECK - FOX - 2411
BLITZR - CNN - 770
MATTHEWS - MSNBC - 425
NEWS - CNNHEADLINE - 359
C+M+H = 1554

6PM
BRAIER - FOX - 2042
BLITZER - CNN - 612
EDSHOW - MSNBC - 429
NEWS - CNNHN - 227
C+M+H = 1268

7PM
SMITH - FOX - 1866
DOBBS - CNN - 623
MATTHEWS - MSNBC - 511
ISSUES - CNNHEADLINE - 351
C+M+H = 1485

8PM
OREILLY - FOX - 3520
BROWN - CNN - 748
OLBERMAN - MSNBC - 988
GRACE - CNNHN - 605
C+M+H = 2341

9PM
HANNITY - FOX - 2857
AMANPOUR - CNN - 735
MADDOW - MSNBC - 975
ISSUES - CNNHN - 425
C+M+H = 2135

10PM
GRETA - FOX - 2528
AMANPOUR - CNN - 735
OLBERMAN - MSNBC - 691
GRACE - CNNHN - 422
C+M+H = 1848

11PM
OREILLY - FOX - 1760
COOPER - CNN - 442
MADDOW - MSNBC - 461
SHOWBIZ - CNNHN - 380
C+M+H = 1283

TOTAL (by my math)
FNC 16,984
CNN 4,665
MSNBC 4,480
HLN 2,769
C+M+H = 11,914

TOTAL (by Ratings math)
FNC: 2982
CNN: 793
MSNBC: 885
HLN: 475
C+M+H = 2,153


Wow.. I had no idea FOX had such command over the Net Work News stations... I am fascinated by that.. They have more viewers than the rest combined..



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck



Wow.. I had no idea FOX had such command over the Net Work News stations... I am fascinated by that.. They have more viewers than the rest combined..


It's interesting isn't it? You would think by now the MSM would realize that actively mocking and making a joke of your viewing audience isn't a ratings-getter.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog
 


I must have screwed up. I owe you an apology!

My copy and reply to thread method needs a little more work I guess!




posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Censorship you have not seen anything yet wait until you see what Mark Lloyd

will do to talk radio. Mark Lloyd newly appointed Czar that joins the

Federal Communications Commission as associate general council and chief

diversity officer will set the stage in trying to totally control talk radio.

Remember, this is the guy who helped co-write Liberal Groups Structural

Imbalance of Political talk radio. We wake up everyday to a new Czar

appointed by obama in controlling every aspect of our lives and circumventing

Congressional authority. It is all about control control control make no mistake. ^Y^



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I used to like Lou Dobbs as well but I saw his transformation right before my eyes. He did used to be reasonable and made a lot of sense on many issues, but because I know what his motives are behind his Obama bashing before and after the election, I have lost all respect for him.

It all started early in the election campaign when Obama made a speech on immigration reform and mentioned Lou Dobbs as a panderer. This upset Lou and he has been against Obama ever since. Here is a video of that event.



Knowing that he took this personally and has altered his reporting based on that is disappointing to say the least.

I also watch CNN all the time and have seen his recent tantrums, but they are nothing new. I doubt he has been fired, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was eventually.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
She said: Tyranny is when a group organizes to be disruptive? WTH!


I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I was thinking the same thing
I was like wth, people like this actually exist?????

The hell is wrong with that dumb woman???

That's crazy talk



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck
 


I cant find the link now, but there is one out there that shows Fox has the most balanced political demographics of viewers. Every single other network has a heavy democrat viewership, but thats about it. Fox has an even balance of Republicans and Democrats with a 30% viewership of Independents.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly
 


I've seen the same studies.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Heeeere it comes? Do you hear it? I do. It's the slow creeping footsteps of censorship.

Shhhh. Don't say anything baaaad, I might have to tell.





I'm not a fan personally of journalists having a personal opinion one way or the other. Journalists act like a filter. They recieve news and then tell the public how they should feel about it. Are you happy that stupid people can be influenced by journalists? News should be presented as-is, it's up to us to decide the rights and wrongs of it.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Sorry I can't quote...but some one was comparing Lou to Dan Rather. I must interject gladly and not humbly at all. Comparing lou to dan is like comparing bush to a russian chessmaster...there is no comparison. They went on to mention bushes military record. If you do just a tad bit of research..compare some dates...bush was a deserter hands down...daddy can't save you. That is what rather got fired for...doing his job!!! Lou on the other hand iis just a cry baby in my book. The future president puts you on blast and you aim to destroy him and resort to racial fear mongering (i'm thinking of creating a post about how almost every is hiding behind politics to let out some racist steam!) if lou gets fired good...he is not doing his job. Dry your tears and tell me what happened today..or what I really should know about the world around me ... Not your biased..butt hurt opinion. My 2 year old could come up with those.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the "blog" make the leaping connection of Lou being fired on its own, with no factual evidence?

Nowhere does the blog make a factual claim that Lou is being fired. It simply states that CNN will not broadcast radio hosts.

And then the blogger adds "I guess this goes for Lou as well".

In my opinion the blog is jumping to a conclusion.

Also from most of the posts I read here I can see people didn't even read the blog. They simply assumed it said "Lou Dobbs was fired" when it actually never did.

I can't tell you the lack of faith this promotes in the comprehension and research skills of many people here simply attacking Mr Dobbs (or assuming his forced retirement)

I won't defend Lou...but I will say he at least reports on subjects this entire site is all about. In a world where the talking-heads REFUSE to report on anything worthy of serious attention, Lou has brought attention to dozens of conspiracy related topics over his years as a commentator.

As for whoever said "they respected Lou until they saw his agenda against Obama". I just want to say "you are absolutely uninformed and perhaps blinded by the razzle dazzle of our current administration. Lou has been sticking it to the man a lot longer then Obamas been a household name.

I am always concerned when people's views are dated within a year of whats currently on the TV.

I'm not saying Lou is a god or a savior.

But he sure has spoken openly where others even feared to whisper.

Be safe and kill your TV...its telling you lies in hopes to cull your mind.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by Rockpuck
 


I cant find the link now, but there is one out there that shows Fox has the most balanced political demographics of viewers. Every single other network has a heavy democrat viewership, but thats about it. Fox has an even balance of Republicans and Democrats with a 30% viewership of Independents.


The problem a lot of people have is when your perspective of center is actually left wing, then center appears to be right wing.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Its great everyone has shared their opinions about whether they like Lou Dobbs or not but who cares really. If you like him watch it if you don't then watch another talking head its that simple.

That being said this thread is totally false and Lou Dobbs has NOT been fired

I only have this source which is just about as reliable as the source that he had been fired.

Loud Dobbs firing rumor false

Do stories that are false get tagged as false or just left as they are?



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Look, it was time for Lou to go.

This latest spat of supporting the outrageous Kenyan Birth Certificate claim did him in.

This isn't about his opinions, it's about what he easily gets duped with too many times.



posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by hisshadow
eh... about time

who watches cnn anyway? well, just for anderson cooper i suppose




Ratings for 13 Aug 09 (thursday)

(Total Viewers, Live + DVR)



5PM
BECK - FOX - 2411
BLITZR - CNN - 770
MATTHEWS - MSNBC - 425
NEWS - CNNHEADLINE - 359
C+M+H = 1554

6PM
BRAIER - FOX - 2042
BLITZER - CNN - 612
EDSHOW - MSNBC - 429
NEWS - CNNHN - 227
C+M+H = 1268

7PM
SMITH - FOX - 1866
DOBBS - CNN - 623
MATTHEWS - MSNBC - 511
ISSUES - CNNHEADLINE - 351
C+M+H = 1485

8PM
OREILLY - FOX - 3520
BROWN - CNN - 748
OLBERMAN - MSNBC - 988
GRACE - CNNHN - 605
C+M+H = 2341

9PM
HANNITY - FOX - 2857
AMANPOUR - CNN - 735
MADDOW - MSNBC - 975
ISSUES - CNNHN - 425
C+M+H = 2135

10PM
GRETA - FOX - 2528
AMANPOUR - CNN - 735
OLBERMAN - MSNBC - 691
GRACE - CNNHN - 422
C+M+H = 1848

11PM
OREILLY - FOX - 1760
COOPER - CNN - 442
MADDOW - MSNBC - 461
SHOWBIZ - CNNHN - 380
C+M+H = 1283

TOTAL (by my math)
FNC 16,984
CNN 4,665
MSNBC 4,480
HLN 2,769
C+M+H = 11,914

TOTAL (by Ratings math)
FNC: 2982
CNN: 793
MSNBC: 885
HLN: 475
C+M+H = 2,153


Wow.. I had no idea FOX had such command over the Net Work News stations... I am fascinated by that.. They have more viewers than the rest combined..


Heh... well, that's because Fox doesn't focus on news as much as ratings!

It's called Yellow Journalism.



posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Look, it was time for Lou to go.

This latest spat of supporting the outrageous Kenyan Birth Certificate claim did him in.

This isn't about his opinions, it's about what he easily gets duped with too many times.


I thought it was because he is a Radio Talk Show Host? (A Conservative one at that!) Or at least that was the official reasoning.

And you are right, Fox certainly doesn't focus on News ..



posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1
 


I totally concur. Lou Dobbs was the only reason to watch the communist news network. I was almost amazed that he was even broadcasting there. He was a lone voice crying out in the wilderness against open borders and unfair trade practices and globalism. These are all the tools that the NWO is using to turn America into a third world vassal state.

Now that all dissent has been crushed, we can return to our carefully packaged marxist instruction, that some call news.



new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join