History is Wrong by Erich von Daniken (a review)

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I will admit I was excited to find out that Herr von Daniken was coming out with a new book. I had read his other titles over thirty years ago and was wondering what the author had to say about his theories. This book was a very enjoyable read that I stayed up all night long to finish.
Herr von Daniken begins by telling about the books that have been passed on to people that are written about in the Bible and other sources. He spends a great deal of time on the story of Enoch and adds in others to the mix. He does this while discussing the artifacts of Father Crespi, who was a missionary in South America. The stories on the Book of Enoch do seem to be from the advantage of someone taking a space flight for the very first time.
The best part of the book comes next in which Herr von Daniken addresses the critics and debunkers about his claims in the book "The Gold of the Gods" which was published in 1972. He does recount what happened and what he actually saw. It does seem like the debunkers trashed him for a few paragraphs that were not lies at all. One has to read the part to get the full story. I really like how Herr von Daniken does address this part of his past, and the story itself is quite fascinating. It is funny how many people in the media and the science community trash someone without getting all the facts. Proclamation by armchair as Stanton Friedman would state. It also seems that the cave of treasures is quite real, and that there is an even greater treasure trove of secrets to be found.
The book then is about the Mormons and Joseph Smith's encounter with the angel Moroni. The correlations between this story and the Book of Enoch are quite fascinating. Herr von Daniken does state the obvious in asking why a Great Spirit of All Creation would need to build transportation to send peoples across the Atlantic.
The final part is some fascinating new finds about the Nazca lines in Peru. There have been many measurements taken that show the area to have many anomalies. I don't want to give too much away from this book as I think many people will enjoy it.
If one is a fan of Erich von Daniken, this book is a must have. If one is not so much a fan, this book has a fascinating part in it about his past writing that should help clear things up. I am a fan of his now, and I have always thought we were visited in the past by extraterrestrials. I do not know what, if any, part they may have played in our development, but the idea is one that should be seriously looked into. The book is a great read and Herr von Daniken is back!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The book then is about the Mormons and Joseph Smith's encounter with the angel Moroni. The correlations between this story and the Book of Enoch are quite fascinating. Herr von Daniken does state the obvious in asking why a Great Spirit of All Creation would need to build transportation to send peoples across the Atlantic.

Could you go into a little more detail about what von Daniken says in this part? I'm a Mormon so I'm naturally curious about what he said on the subject. I haven't read the Book of Enoch or anything by von Daniken, though I know a bit about the man. Needless to say, I know a fair amount about Mormons :p

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

The part about the Mormons deals with the books (tablets) they were given by the angel Moroni. Herr von Daniken likens them to the tablets given in the Old Testament and other ancient texts at the time. He also states that more than ten people saw the actual tablets and that they swore to them. He also claims that said tablets could have been moved to South America (Ecuador or Peru) and are in a cavern with many other very interesting artifacts. He backs up his claims with many sworn testimonies of people who do not have anything to gain.

He does not state anything bad about the Mormons. But I think he would tell you that Moroni was probably an extraterrestrial. The book is quite good and I don't want to give it all away.

My favorite part of the book is what he has to say about the hoopla over the claims made in his earlier book "The Gold of the Gods" (1972).

Edited to add:

I give a lot of credence to what Erich von Daniken has to write about the Mormons bringing the tablets to South America. They have had a very strong presence in the area for quite some time. It would of been quite easy to move the tablets to a safe place as the Mormons were persecuted back then and the tablets would of been melted for their gold by non-Mormons.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Hmm, that sounds really interesting. The Mormon church teaches that Moroni took the gold plates (what you're calling tablets) away after the translation was done. I'd assumed they'd been taken up into Heaven, but I can't think of anything that says where they are now.

I've always wanted to read something by von Daniken. If I come across this book, I"ll be sure to pick it up.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

You won't be disappointed by this book. He has other older books that still are available and can be also found at a library.

Too many critics still attack him for a book written over three decades ago. They do not try to answer the questions and ideas brought forth that we may have been visited by extraterrestrials.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Mormons and other settlers may have heard of Christian stories and beliefs
related by the American Indians.
This would be nothing strange as before Columbus people from Europe and the
Old World had trade with the America up to 400 AD.
And thus over 1000 years to Columbus lost communications but knew about
Jesus and the related religions.
Its just the people after Columbus are befuddled as to how American Indians
were 'visited' by Jesus.
See books by Dr. Fell for his discovery of BC trade up to the fall of Rome
at 400 AD and the puzzle falls into place.

top topics

join