It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIAN EXPEDITION explores 80-100 feet high underwater manmade structure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'd have to check Sky, I think it's open to discussion about those stones
I'll have another look, it's been a long time...

Type in "Bi Discs" into google images and you`ll get it instantly.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
BTW Its neither Basalt nor Granite... so when yawl are scrambling to find natural formations to compare... look for SANDSTONE

Natural formation

Some of those who have studied the formation, such as geologist Robert Schoch of Boston University, state that it is most likely a natural formation. Schoch observes that the sandstones that make up the Yonaguni formation "contain numerous well-defined, parallel bedding planes along which the layers easily separate. The rocks of this group are also criss-crossed by numerous sets of parallel and vertical (relative to the horizontal bedding planes of the rocks) joints and fractures. Yonaguni lies in an earthquake-prone region; such earthquakes tend to fracture the rocks in a regular manner." He also observes that on the northeast coast of Yonaguni there are regular formations similar to those seen at the Monument.Schoch also believes that the "drawings" identified by Kimura are natural scratches on the rocks.. This is also the view of John Anthony West.

en.wikipedia.org...

So two geologist think it is most likely a natural formation... but they don't know. I wonder if either of them actually put on scuba gear and checked it out? So were are the pictures of northeast coast of Yonaguni that he says are 'similar'? Lets see them so we can compare...

Why is it the 'experts' only ever tell you this stuff, and expect you to take their word for it, but never show the comparison?

This wiki page needs one of those tags that states 'possibly biased information"

Other examples of natural formations with flat faces and sharp straight edges are the basalt columns of the Giant's Causeway and the natural staircase formation on Old Rag Mountain.

Seems even Wiki has to flog the basalt column excuse... One would almost think there is a joint effort at deliberate misdirection at play here rather than compare apples to apples and actually apply critical though to whether or not that type of rock COULD form such a feature.

So no one going to tackle why those two similar looking areas in Peru are made like that? Or are they 'natural as well?

Did anyone even look at them? Or just slip by and ignore them?

Hmmmmm and people wonder why I think most skeptics are lemmings

[edit on 25-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I stand half-corrected, thanks. Bi (jade) discs. Not in the same realm as DVDs from a stranded alien race, but all the more interesting from my point of view! I'll read up on them, neolithic China is fairly new territory for me.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I stand half-corrected, thanks. Bi (jade) discs. Not in the same realm as DVDs from a stranded alien race, but all the more interesting from my point of view! I'll read up on them, neolithic China is fairly new territory for me.

Dang it

Can't find a free copy Dagnabbum journal servers

THE ORIGINAL SIGNIFICANCE OF BI DISKS: INSIGHTS BASED ON LIANGZHU JADE BI WITH INCISED SYMBOLIC MOTIFS

Author: Shu-P'Ing, Teng1
Source: Journal of East Asian Archaeology, Volume 2, Numbers 1-2, 2000 , pp. 165-194(30)
Publisher: BRILL

Did find this in the process though 500 plus pages
Ancient Chinese Civilization: Bibliography of Materials in Western Languages
Paul R. Goldin
August 21, 2009 (updated regularly)
www.paulrgoldin.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmmmmm and people wonder why I think most skeptics are lemmings

You might want to look into that 'lemmings' myth...

I've pointed out several times that Yonaguni is limestone. Similar formations are found above the sea across the Ryukyu Islands. Originally populated by a stone age people that left a few artifacts behind them. I think that Harte knows more about it...he's been sprinkling Yonaguni threads with facts on at least sites for years

I suspect it's why he's a cantankerous man of few words...fatigue sets in and still the 'Yonaguni, sunken Pyramid' threads keep coming. One day, the fringers will win by sheer repetitious determination!

....and a refusal to read further than biblioescapades.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

t to look into that 'lemmings' myth...

Never assume that you know what I am talking about

Nope ... the 'lemmings' I refer to were a computer game... it was funny... you could make them do anything

en.wikipedia.org...(video_game)

I've pointed out several times that Yonaguni is limestone. Similar formations are found above the sea across the Ryukyu Islands.

Okay here we go again... 'similar' is not the same as 'identical' and once again I need to SEE these 'similar' formations to make a comparison.

Now my sources say sandstone... you say limestone... and the lemmings keep showing me hexagonal basalt columns as if that meant something in regards to this.

Having worked in limestone quarries for years digging fossils I have never once seen any limestone fracture, cleave or split into such perfectly straight blocks though they do form layers from sediment and can split along a weak layer... but never as smooth and with so many right angles

So can you at least document that limestone? And do try to find me a picture of a 'similar' formation that even comes close...

I suspect it's why he's a cantankerous man of few words...fatigue sets in and still the 'Yonaguni, sunken Pyramid' threads keep coming. One day, the fringers will win by sheer repetitious determination!

....and a refusal to read further than biblioescapades.

This is a fringe site... "Only an idiot would keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results"

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
When I look at these formations, I'm impressed by the straight lines, but my eye doesn't see anything repeating in a regular fashion.

Straight lines and crisp angles doesn't cut it all the way for me, because I've seen plenty of other natural examples of crisp, parallel, cubical, and other geometric shapes. Mostly crystalline in nature, but still.

To me, all the steps and terraces look somewhat skew relative to one another. I'd be more inclined to think man-made if there was at least something on it that looked more "patterned", you know? Of course, it could be an abstract form, and still be man made, but nothing jumps out to me as evidence that people are responsible for this structure.

The stair step between the walls comes darn close, though...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
To me, all the steps and terraces look somewhat skew relative to one another. I'd be more inclined to think man-made if there was at least something on it that looked more "patterned", you know?

This is man made in Peru...

Care to apply your thoughts to that? Seems no one else wants to go there

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If we never had Plato we wouldn't know of Atlantis.
Atlantis is now a big issue by itself.

It seems though that Atlantis is not alone in a list of lost landmasses and the possible civilizations that inhabited them.
From scarce hints and tips we got so far it is rumored that at least another lost civilization might have existed even before Atlantis. We named this one Mu. Although about Atlantis, we might have more information and somehow we may have gotten some things right about it, Mu is pure speculation, but there are numerous non identified structures underwater and even above water that possibly indicate that something existed. It might be probable that it might not just be one other lost civilization but an entire list of them and even the terms and names we have attributed to them might turn out completely irrelevant.

To make a point this might be the only time in the turbulent stages of the known and also undiscovered human history that the current human civilization might eventually gather the resources and acquire the know how to discover in its entirety the lost history of this troubled planet.
Chances are that if we take this initiative that we might discover things even the old lost civilizations never had the chance to uncover about their pasts and of what preceded them.

If we chose to be in a constant state of denial about these possibilities we put ourselves in a constant state of ignorance.
If it happens that indeed live in an ecosystem that has terminated a long list of older civilizations, we should start our searching now, and understand the mechanics of how would an entire civilization turn to unidentifiable ruble and wild speculation, before we too have to meet the same fate.

This planet might be in a constant state of change and numerous civilizations had been lost without a trace, without a link connecting one from the other.

We might now eventually even have the chance, of realizing the needed vision, of acquiring needed know how and constructing the means of putting an end to this vicious cycle of ignorance and loss of connection between the human civilizations through the ages.

This would be something that no other before us was capable of doing, we could be the one civilization that can change everything if we so chose to. We could go down in history as the greatest one for only achieving this feat, and for as long as this planet could harbor life, and even beyond that if we can be able of securing the connection of the past with the future.
Think about it. What would be the possibilities? We might not be changing the outcome of our fates, of only our fates, we might be changing he outcome of several other worlds also, that might occasionally meet the same fate with us through the ages and somehow are connected to us for reasons still undiscovered.

If we can put a small part of effort and faith here and now, we might be changing an untold amount of things in the future for the better, for others to come, and possibly for others we probably won't know and wouldn't know that they even exist or existed, for them to discover.

This should be our gift for the generations to come.

knowledge.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Seems like the real question here is.....how is this vid so clear? I mean, are Russian waters that much clearer than ours, or do they have vastly superior underwater photography/lighting gear? Good Grief. I've taken photo's underwater before, but this is great.

I've spent lots of time underwater, and I can tell you if I came upon something like this..I would instantly think it was a man-made ruin. But, it can be tricky down there. I'm wondering if perhaps they moved some sea debris before they filmed it. I'm not an expert, but the temperature of the water, location, depth, what sea life exists in the area, determines to a degree what debris/erosion/parasites you will find on a structure.

In other words, you can place an object in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico; go back two years later, and it's so covered in sea life, you'll barely be able to identify it. But in the icy cold waters off the coast of Russia, who knows? May not be much sea life thriving there.

Zorgon, thank you so much too. Your additions are fantastic!

[edit on 8/25/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Care to apply your thoughts to that? Seems no one else wants to go there

I havent researched it yet, so don't want to make silly statements but rest assured by Zorgons beard I will look into it!
.... unitl then
I immediatley see "normal" human steps on the side of the large one, the large ones may have been a seating or standing area and the smaller stairs to get them there, much like the stairs for seating when i go watch a game....

[edit on 25-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I immediatley see "normal" human steps on the side of the large one, the large ones may have been a seating or standing area and the smaller stairs to get them there, much like the stairs for seating when i go watch a game....

AH! So not religious... I will put you down for 'stadium seating'

So ummm where is the arena

Maybe the smaller stairs were added later for smaller people? Just a thought. I like to look at all angles, not just date one piece of rock to date the whole complex

Kind like dating the repair mortar on the pyramid and claiming the whole thing is the same age

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I didnt say it was a stadium lol I said Like the stairs when i see a game.
They are stairs for human use.
Saying they went in later
Is pure conjecture.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I didnt say it was a stadium lol I said Like the stairs when i see a game.
They are stairs for human use.

Well first of all we have no human in that picture to make that determination

Second the stairs go no where

Third the angles on this site are much sloppier than those on the Japanese 'pyramid'

Fourth... what could possibly have motivated 'them' to make such a weird structure... no houses, no alters, just odd rctangles cut into the rock

If a quarry, which is what it looks like, where did the cut stones (or the rubble from cutting) go?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nope ... the 'lemmings' I refer to were a computer game... it was funny... you could make them do anything

Well darn it, that makes it an unlikely venture for me to go and fetch the images and geology report. Still....it hardly matters as how many guys change opinions around here? Still fewer acknowledge mistakes or apologies.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KandinskyStill....it hardly matters as how many guys change opinions around here?

Nah if I was worried about that I would have left a long time ago. Its not about changing minds... its about making people think about other possibilities.

Trying to beat someone over the head to make them listen has never worked very well... so all we can do is lay the stuff on the table and maybe someone someday looks and says... "Hey wait a minute... maybe...."

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The one in Peru looks more man made than the other one, to me. I can find several steps in the Peru picture which appear to be the same size as each other, or at least very close. Not so in the underwater structures case. Everything seems to be a one-off.

I'm not taking a stance here, just going with what MY eye suggests to me. I'm happy to give my opinion on any more similar pics you may wish to post.

All said, the underwater structure could have been worked by man. My mind's open bro, Just TO ME doesn't look like it.

(edits for morning headache induced crankyness)

[edit on 26-8-2009 by tjack]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

The one in Peru looks more man made than the other one, to me.

Yes but then you know the one in Peru is man made
but the point is that it has huge cuts that are random with no apparent purpose which has been a main argument against the Japanese formation

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The one in Peru looks more man made than the other one, to me.

Yes but then you know the one in Peru is man made
but the point is that it has huge cuts that are random with no apparent purpose which has been a main argument against the Japanese formation

Again, however, the one in Peru has a couple stairs with equal-ish dimensions. It's a subtle difference, but it's enough. If there were a couple steps on the Japan structure oriented and sized the same, or any other evidence that people did this, then I'm sure I would be fully in the "it's man worked" camp.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by ls1cameric

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

I have doubts about provenance of this picture, it looks photoshopped to me.

I think should do a little more research on this because your denying pure fact here and jsut coming up with ideas that are comfortable to you. It's not photoshopped. It's in the video documentary that came out about this. I saw it when it first came out about a yr ago.

It's true that the particular frame you showed is not photoshopped per se.

I saw the same film ten years ago. That part of this natural formation has a few marks on it that idiots hoped were artistic renditions but were not. The lines you see were added to the film to highlight what they were talking about. You couldn't see them at all until the artificial highlighting was added to the film.

So, no, sorry, there's no face there.

Harte

[edit on 8/24/2009 by Harte]

www.pureinsight.org...

www.pureinsight.org...

Sorry but there is a curved human head right there.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by spacebot]

Ok a quick exercise for the debunking "experts"":

Is this man-made or not?

Or, is this anything at all?

www.wildabouttheworld.com...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by spacebot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join