It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear for Obama's Safety Grows as Hate Groups Thrive on Racial Backlash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Fear for Obama's Safety Grows as Hate Groups Thrive on Racial Backlash

abcnews.go.com

Experts who track hate groups across the U.S. are growing increasingly concerned over violent rhetoric targeted at President Obama, especially as the debate over health care intensifies and a pattern of threats emerges.

Los Angeles police officers apprehended a man Thursday after a standoff with him inside a red Volkswagen Bug car in Westwood, CA – the latest disturbing case even though officials said the man had mental problems.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So in this article, they successfully contradict themselves from one paragraph to the next.

First it says "Los Angeles police officers apprehended a man Thursday after a standoff with him inside a red Volkswagen Bug car in Westwood, CA – the latest disturbing case even though officials said the man had mental problems. "

Then in the very next paragraph it says ""I don't think these are simply people who are mentally ill or off their rocker," Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, told ABC News of those behind the threats. "In a very real sense they represent a genuine reaction, a genuine backlash against Obama.""

So to prove their point that these are not crazy nutjobs, they use the example of a nutjob in LA.

I must say that they are getting really desperate if the only thing they can do now is say that anyone who opposes Obama is racist. The Southern Poverty Law center is at the spear of this feeble attempt to make freedom loving peaceful people appear to be violent terrorist racists.

I for one am laughing at you Southern Poverty Law Center, America is too smart for your B.S. to work. We are united, and standing tall, together for freedom!!!!!

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I dislike Obama. I dislike his policies. I dislike the people in his administration.

I am a conservative. So, duh. . .

But I don't want to see him injured. He is the president. I can't respect the man, but I do respect the office. Any nutjob that tries to harm him is not acting on secret orders from Cheney, or the Illuminati.

It is the result of a nutjob.

Any attempt to associate a lone crazy person with conservative groups is asking for criminal charges. Any attempt by the administration to shut down conservative groups with the lame and weak excuse of this fabricated association will only cause a backlash not seen since Appomattox.

It's sickening to see the MSM fabricate (lie) such stories in the attempt to shut down an agenda that will harm this country for generations to come.

-I'll get off my soapbox now. . . -

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As usual, people who don't agree with the administration are racist nut jobs. But then again they aren't.

It looks to me like the reporters are playing off of the average liberal's attention span. Two paragraphs and they have the whole story. Isn't that about how much they read of their precious health care bill they read before it became the most righteous movement in the history of America?

But seriously, why read the news anyways? The media, left or right, are just a bunch of lying dogs.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join