It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing cargo ship found near Cape Verde

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Missing cargo ship found near Cape Verde

news.yahoo.com

MOSCOW – A Russian-manned cargo ship that vanished last month in the Atlantic was found Friday near Cape Verde off the coast of West Africa, according to French and Russian officials. There was no immediate information about the condition of the crew or whether there was anyone else onboard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just thought you should all know
I'm glad they where all safe and found. It still is kind of mysterious though if you ask me.

"Speculation on what might have happened to the ship has ranged from suspicions that it was carrying secret cargo — possibly narcotics — to theories about a commercial dispute. Security experts have been wary of attributing its disappearance to bandits, noting that piracy is almost unheard of in European waters."

Odd

"Osler said the 18-year-old Arctic Sea was not particularly valuable. "The ship isn't really worth stealing," he said, noting most such ships have a life of 20-25 years"

Odder yet. They got on the ship, so what where they on there for?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hello, does anyone actually care that they found the ship?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is not over yet. The still don't know if the ship is anchored or still sailing south according to the report.

If it was hijacked then there will still be drama to come. I can't wait to learn the final story.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hmmm...no real mention of the Crew past the initial messages...

Ghost Ship III ?

Tis more than meets the Eye I suspect Lad... :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There is no info other than it was seen by Cape Verde coastguards 400miles somewhere off the coast of the Cape Verde islands.
It is 2280 miles from Brest to Cape Verde, so the ship is not exactly in a hurry anywhere...unless it stopped off somewhere. Even at 15mph it should have done more miles than that in continuous sailing over 15 days.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
It is not over yet. The still don't know if the ship is anchored or still sailing south according to the report.

If it was hijacked then there will still be drama to come. I can't wait to learn the final story.
I geuss I'm the one who didn't read very well. It was just a sighting then. They made it sound like from how it was written that it was actually found and docked.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

If it hasn't docked somewhere in between Brest and Cape Verde, it should be almost out of fuel, anyway it's not at its original destination now so something is badly wrong.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this is weird,

is it just a coincedence that Hillary Clinton was there the other day??

www.rocketnews.com...

Clinton ends Africa tour in Cape Verde

www.zeenews.com...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

^^ Cape Verde

The Russian warships in pursuit passed the Bay of Biscay yesterday so they can't be too far behind the cargo ship. Unfortunately, I think if the Russian's recapture it, then we'll never find out what was really on board, as opposed to international police seizing the ship then we might have a chance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^ Interesting thread discussing what the secret cargo may have been

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSam

^^ Cape Verde

The Russian warships in pursuit passed the Bay of Biscay yesterday so they can't be too far behind the cargo ship. Unfortunately, I think if the Russian's recapture it, then we'll never find out what was really on board, as opposed to international police seizing the ship then we might have a chance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^ Interesting thread discussing what the secret cargo may have been

Lets hope we kind find out whats on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Well if they ever catch up with the ship whatever it was that was on the ship won't be on it. It's been almost 3 weeks, the Russians just publicly started looking for it only when the crew's relatives started asking publicly. I personally think that there is way more to this story than we'll ever know.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am wondering if the Nigerian pirates are trying something new to raise money.

Few people even know of this group of pirates but they have been active for years.
www.csmonitor.com...

With all the pirate attacks off Somalia in the news the media seems to ignore
this group.

news.bbc.co.uk...
eye-on-the-world.blogspot.com...
www.voanews.com...
www.eaglespeak.us...
www.eaglespeak.us...
www.mua.org.au...

top topics

join