Montana Prevents Obama From Rigging Town Hall Audience

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
(that's the title of the article)

Story Here

Local officials in Belgrade and neighboring Bozeman personally oversaw the handing out of passes Thursday in much the same fashion that a venue would dole out tickets to a rock concert. Hundreds of people seeking to attend the president's event began lining up Wednesday afternoon, and camped out overnight in the parking lots of the two local municipal buildings.

Karen Semerau, the Bozeman official who helped oversee the distribution, said some people brought their dogs, others put up tents, and but for a brief rain shower, those in line appeared to be upbeat about the chance to hear from, and question, the president about his plan.

"I couldn't tell by looking at people if they were for the president's plan or against it," Semerau said. "But I can say that the group was totally mixed – college kids, older folks, all walks of life."

Montana officials are taking steps to try to make sure that everyone gets a fair chance to get into the town hall meeting to ask questions. I suppose there is are no promises that the people there won't be plants - as they have been in the past. But it looks like they are really trying to make this a REAL Town Hall meeting for a change.

Remember this?
Get me more white people

Great blog full of good info - The Illustrated Guide to Obamacare Human Props

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I sure would love to be an Obama show stage hand during one of these rigged events.

Better yet, I'd love to be one of those hired people that "asks a question".
I wonder how much he pays to have a person ask a question.

Wait a second, someone should take a look at the child labor laws in New Hampshire.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wonder how many non government passengers are on Airforce 1 today.

He's bound to get them in there somehow.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have a few "plant" questions, I'd like to ask. . .

1. Mr. Obama, why are you so wonderful? I mean, (he winked at me -squeal-) can you just be human, like the rest of us sometimes?

2. Mr. Obama, is it true that voting against the bill will create zombies and destroy life as we know it?

3. Mr. Obama, isn't it true that the evil death-faced protesters create a large carbon footprint that will melt the ice caps?

Now some real questions. . .

1. Mr. Obama, how do you propose to pay for this? Cuts in Medicaid, Medicare, will only result in rationed care for all. Do you plan to offset that with the stated tax increases in HR 3200? And a follow-up, when you don't renew the Bush tax cuts, and taxes increase for everyone who makes over 43K a year, will there be allowances made when we are forced into your plan?

-by then, the ACORN police will have dragged me away and I won't hear the answer or have time to ask any more questions. . . but you get the idea-

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am watching the "Town Hall" Meeting right now, and talk about a seemingly stacked audience. I simply do not see any outrage or opposition based sentiment which seems to be prevalent at the vast majority of actual Town Hall meetings. Everyone even stood up and applauded the President at certain comments, and it honestly seems like an overly friendly audience.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Alright .. I was watching it ...
OY.

As was just said. It doesn't in the least look like any of the so-called Town Hall meetings that we've been hearing about. All the sheeple were applauding at just the right times in his re-election speeches .. um .. I mean .. while Obama was explaining his position and all the wonderful things he's done.

Nothing hard hitting. Nothing deep. Just sheeple ....

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I watched it too. What healthcare program was he talking about? I heard nothing he said that bore any resemblance with HR3200.

Either he is lying.

Or,

Well, there is no "or".

He's lying.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I don't have the heart to watch the psuedo town hall meetings. It would be like watching films of the Jim Jones Cult members days before the tainted coolaid was dispatched. They are less easy to watch under these circumstances.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It was another choreographed event. His handlers will never allow real people to get close to him. He would fold like a cheap suit if he didn't have a stacked deck and a teleprompter.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I missed the begining, so I couldn't tell much. What I did see had no resemblance to any other townhall meetings.

Are they that brain-washed, or afraid of the president?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I laughed at this thread's title.

second line

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nevermind

found the video.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So, Montana takes steps to make sure it's a fair audience of their fine citizens and they are praised for making it a "real" Town Hall. You go, Montana!

But when the random audience of fine upstanding Montanan citizens turns out to like Obama, all of a sudden they're "sheeple". Okay...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, I'll agree with you (don't have a heart attack) until time comes when/if someone can state that this was staged. If there were no "plants" or Obama staffers/supporters planted to ask specific questions, then I will agree.

See?

I can be "fair and balanced".

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
BH, I'll agree with you

Now I have to clean off my monitor!

There were actually a couple of tough questions, one from a proud NRA member that was pretty confrontational.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Honest question, and an honest answer.

Did you listen to his answer though? I'm sure his handlers are going to have a field day with this one.

Wealth redistribution from the greedy insurance companies, and from all those mean greedy people that make over 250K (Marxism), eliminating charitable contribution deductions (there goes charities in this country) and one thing he didn't mention, when he does not renew Bush's tax cuts next year, ALL of our taxes are going to increase.

So, yup, honest question and an honest answer. That's why I didn't vote for him.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
to like Obama, all of a sudden they're "sheeple". Okay...

Okay ...
right backatchya

Yes .. sheeple. They were a sad representation. If they are what the average Americans are then no wonder we are in such a pickle. What a bunch of *insert favorite Red Foreman saying here*.

Clap on cue. Stand on cue. No real questions on the meat of what Obama wants for health care. Pretty stupid sheeple. They may not have been plants (and as my link shows, Obama has planted plenty), but they were not the brightest bunch.

Sheeple.

new topics
top topics

join