It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bank Holiday for switching to world currency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have been hearing about the rumored "BankHoliday" and just thought that might be when they do the switch to the currency shown at the G8 summit. Is there any evidence of an extra holiday planned that is not on the list below ? Thoughts anyone?

"Holiday schedule observed by the Federal Reserve System

Holiday 2009 2010
New Year's Day January 1 January 1
Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday January 19 January 18
Presidents' Day February 16 February 15
Memorial Day May 25 May 31
Independence Day July 4 July 5*
Labor Day September 7 September 6
Columbus Day October 12 October 11
Veterans Day November 11 November 11
Thanksgiving Day November 26 November 25
Christmas Day December 25 December 25 "

With they way things are right now I wouldn't have much setting in a privatley owned bank system.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The "Bank Holiday" the rumors are about would not be on that list. It is of the type used in a run on the banks. We have had a couple in the stock market this year. When things start to get out of hand, they just close it down and let cooler heads prevail!

Several press releases are coming out over the next few weeks, and if a run on the banks looks likely, then they will shut down all banking for a day or two.

If there really is an Amero, then it would be the prime time to introduce it! Or, maybe they will introduce it, and then if a run occurs, they will enact the holiday.

I haven't seen any credible sources for the rumor though, so it is all speculation at this point.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Another thread about the upcoming holiday, although with a different spin.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is all I've heard about a 'bank holiday'

site here

ALERT: Harry Schultz Newsletter Conclusion: Stand by for a possible bank run & bank holiday on Aug 26th, after the news breaks on the 25th. (FDIC 2nd Qtr. Report) This is in line with the HSL prediction of a US bank holiday in Aug/Sept. If you live in the US, get 3-6 months of household expense money out of banks now.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With the end of August coming up - we are looking for ward to the Bank Holiday

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you sure that this is not being confused with the ones we have in the UK ?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I havent heard any news on this thing called the Amero... in quite a while... also, this NAFTA crap... Mexican Trucks on American Highways bit... there is some discord with Mexico over this.. does anyone have more info to share...

they may trash the dollar but not the spirit ... All I can say, "IS" How dare you Sir...
billclinton.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
One of the ways BIG HONCHOS make a fortunes is by swapping currency... buy the Yen today sell Euros tomorrow...

Anyone can do it just watch the fluctuations

If they made a one world currency, the banks would be the ones to suffer as they make the biggest money swap deals

Sorry... no one world currency will happen as long as we have world banks

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think a one world currency would be more a one world payment method. If the method is electronic, then whatever the regional currency is called is arbitrary. Banks would still make money from trading non existent currency.

new topics

top topics

join