It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, bring back anonymous posting please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sorry if this is the wrong place. Mods move this thread if it needs to be moved.

I would like to see ATS bring back ANON posting because it is a better medium for someone that is scared for their safety, and has actual insider knowledge they want to leak.

My example where this might be possible is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ANON said: "

Forget the "fashion statement"...altho it could be required of children to attend school and then home schooling is made illegal. But what will happen is this: The reintroduction of the new and improved Flu Virus (one part 1918 variety, one part avian version and one part "mystery" genetic modification). Then when people start dropping like flies and the government (CDC) announces that they have the "cure" but (just a little formality so the computer records know who has received the vaccination so they dont repeat it if you are unconscious) you have to take the "chip" which will contain all of your personal ID and medical history. As a bonus at no charge (underwritten by the FDA) you will get GPS technology. Yes, Virgina there is a Big Brother and he will be watching. Next they will via your personal ID # tie it into the banking system (but that will wait until the introduction of a new currency and One Federal Bank to control all monetary transactions). "If you dont like it we'll turn off your chip!*" * ergo, no buying or selling or physical movement out of your zone."

This was posted on 12/31/08, way before the "swine flu" became famous.

Here is a link to the thread discussing this phenomenon. www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my opinon if ATS can make insiders feel more comfy about leaking this kind of important info by allowing ANON posts, then ATS is doing a great service to humanity. I'm not saying that it is not possible to use ATS as a place to leak info now, but I think ANON posting is better for this type of situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Even if a person posts anonymously without having an account on ATS, wouldn't they still be trackable as far as 'experts' being able to trace where an internet posting originated from?

I don't know very much about computer technology or how to track down someone as far as IP addresses and whatnot....but with today's technology it seems like it would still be possible.

But anonymous posting sounds like a good idea....just hope spammers don't take advantage..

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Replikant

There are still ways to get around having your IP traced. Use of proxy servers is the main way to do it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
IMO an imageboard or smaller forum might be a better bet. ATS has enough trolls as it is. Imagine retards able to troll everywhere without even having to register.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

The way the anon posting worked before, was that a mod had to check each anon post to determine if it was spam before allowing it to be posted.

I would guess that the reason they quit doing it was that it took too much of the mods time to get the job done.

I would propose that instead of doing that, maybe they should just let anon messages get posted, and then if there is a t&c violation they could ban that IP. Eventually shills will run out of proxies. It takes a lot of work at first, but then it is over except for a few execptions here and there over time.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you really have something to say, there's nothing stopping u from going to any public computer and creating an account and posting.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Replikant

Totally agree with that!
While most of us aren't computer geniuses, you can just about bet someone, somewhere may be watching what you do at sometime!
While the watchers probably aren't that interested in most of us; there are ways to uncover your tracks- Forensically.
There may be ways to post explosive information, but that would probably mean having an anonymous ISP, etc. Use someone elses computer, incognito to some internet cafe, with a purpose made ATS account.????

Downtown 436:
Do you really have such info? Be careful- there are ways to get it out there!
Be calculative, silent and above all GOOD LUCK!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
If you really have something to say, there's nothing stopping u from going to any public computer and creating an account and posting.

I think you can only have one ATS account per IP, not 100% sure on that though.

top topics

join